ReefCleaners.org

S T E V B E N

benjho

Try brine on the shrooms. I have found them always a pain to feed so I don't unless they are rhodactis shrooms which eat like crazy. Keep your levels stable, the light and flow right and they will throw babies like crazy in no time. If they don't like the flow they move anyway and leave a baby behind.

My mushrooms are eating the pellets fine. I just tend to drop the pellets and miss its mouth from dropping it off the surface and not dropping my hand into the water to hand feed them. Yeah, hopefully they get big and make some babies...lol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cut it in half. After both halves heal, cut both new shrooms in half. Now you have 4 jawbreakers.

Now that's just being desperate lol.

Now that's just being desperate lol.

Not really. If you want more then, start cutting. I do that with my Ricordea florida instead of buying multiple of the same color.

Not really. If you want more then, start cutting. I do that with my Ricordea florida instead of buying multiple of the same color.
I have always wanted to take a jawbreaker and chop it up in about 50 pieces. Then put it in a tupperware container with live rock rubble.

Lol. I like to let nature take its course.

I have always wanted to take a jawbreaker and chop it up in about 50 pieces. Then put it in a tupperware container with live rock rubble.

You mean a mama jawbreaker mushroom. Mine is only 1.25" big, it's impossible to chop it up to 50 pieces lol.

Took some pics today of Reef Lounge's meat coral selection...I'll upload the pics soon tomorrow.

Aside from that, I just realized that cherry corals had the baby version of the $1000 5-6" blue/orange tentacles, dark blue/light blue bodied, green center/mouth, orange rimed plate from iconic reef company.

Cherry corals' plate

tc464.jpg

Iconic's $1000 5-6" plate.....man I really want it...

15059495013_faf5282ab6_z.jpg

It's hot but it's not $1000 hot - seriously, wtf. People need to stop paying that much money for these things. :lol:

Lol

Here's another that sold for $900....so hot..

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-livestock/173414-sickest-rainbow-crush-fragment-small-part-coral-colony-removed-order-grow-another-colony-i-have-ever-seen.html

180073d1411497589-sickest-rainbow-crush-

Into the customer's tank pic:

180637d1411671441-sickest-rainbow-crush-

This 1 is crazy too...http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-livestock/171147-wwc-bounce-shroom.html

WC3.jpg

Damn...whoever bought this bounce for $450 shipped, got a good deal..

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-livestock/163623-~jawbreakers-wwc-bounce-cali-tort~.html

155785d1402714885-~jawbreakers-wwc-bounc

Damn...dnov99's eye candy build....drools....drools...drools...that mother bounce.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/75511-dnov99s-260-gal-eye-candy-thread-24.html

IMG_5958_zpsfe3891cb.jpg

I have found about a 50% death rate from splitting shrooms. You really need to make sure that you cut through the mouth or that piece will just wither away. I do it every now and then to shrooms overshadowing other shrooms but tend to just slice them off at the foot and let the head re-attach elsewhere while the foot grows into a new shroom.

I wouldn't be willing to try it on a jawbreaker.

I'm in love... :wub:

So am I...

I have found about a 50% death rate from splitting shrooms. You really need to make sure that you cut through the mouth or that piece will just wither away. I do it every now and then to shrooms overshadowing other shrooms but tend to just slice them off at the foot and let the head re-attach elsewhere while the foot grows into a new shroom.

I wouldn't be willing to try it on a jawbreaker.

Yeah same here...experimenting on a decent looking jawbreaker mushroom costing $200 is a huge risk lol. I'd try it if it was someone's jawbreaker or if it was a big jawbreaker with nothing but yellow on it though ha.

I need to hurry up and get my tank setup and cycling

Sure do. My tank is small so I didn't need to go through cycling....just rinsed my black sand 30 times and grabbed 100% saltwater from my lfs's display tank and waalaa, no cycle, my corals and clownfish are doing great.

I'm waiting on my DIY LED kit to get here so I can retro the hood. Tomorrow I'm ordering my Arduino parts

Welp, good luck with that. :)

Whoops, look at that meat coral..good deal. I would get it but I have two meat corals I need to kinda recover and grow out.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fx-charity-corals/179770-fx-charity-clear-out.html

IMG_3049_zps33a9be1f.jpg

Man....dnov99's tank thread over at reef2reef...................insanity going on in there....I keep wiping my drools....

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/75511-dnov99s-260-gal-eye-candy-thread.html

Nom time.

My most favorite 2 pieces.

15544000158_0e0fda38f4_c.jpg

I noticed I never really took a good shot of this master.

15544258877_b3f23c56e3_c.jpg

15110054663_aaef2a756d_c.jpg

Does it look better when it's eating?

15729442325_5dbe38843c_c.jpg

Hmm

15544593300_1acca67a1f_c.jpg

The meat coral on the right is infested with flatworms...thanks to the Reef Raft USA's meat coral selection (apparently 1 of their tanks is infested). It's all good though, going to get a six-line this weekend and feed the crap out of it

15544259137_c7a6cc86a1_c.jpg

Ready to eat

15543555339_96be44bf03_c.jpg

And it scores.

15730988212_7c829fdfbb_c.jpg

Red plate being rescued. Bought this piece for half the price. 15705725776_596bbe6009_c.jpg

Gaining its color back already.

15729441035_fc109a74e7_c.jpg

This plate just finished eating. Look at those lips.

15729440875_f20a522766_c.jpg

those are some insanely bright lps man. I thought bout rescuing an orange plate for 10$ but I didn't really want anything on my sandbed and don't have room right against the rockwork anymore but I was thinkin man I could bring it back easy.

those are some insanely bright lps man. I thought bout rescuing an orange plate for 10$ but I didn't really want anything on my sandbed and don't have room right against the rockwork anymore but I was thinkin man I could bring it back easy.

Yeah, plates are probably 1 of the easiest corals out there. Surprisingly, this small bleached red plate eats much faster than any coral I've ever had...right now I'm rescuing 3 corals: two meat corals and that red plate coral. Hopefully, they get crazy looking when they recover..

ya the rescue had a small patch of bleaching but other than that decent pe and decent color. Wasn't there when I was at the lfs recently so hopefully someone got a steal.

ya the rescue had a small patch of bleaching but other than that decent pe and decent color. Wasn't there when I was at the lfs recently so hopefully someone got a steal.

Yeah. It's crazy how some of the people on reef2reef rescued some pieces.....their rescued pieces turn out to be whole legendary pieces.

How often do you feed? I just got my first one,ever, and haven't fed it.

15694163822_8f07a8606c_c.jpg

That's a hot looking meat man. I don't have any fishes in the lps tank so I feed it once every 3 days. I probably waste so much time just watching my corals moving slowmo to eat...lol.

Archived