inTank Media Baskets

S T E V B E N

benjho

the colors on these are insane... your taste in corals is obvious hahah where do you buy them at and how much if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks man. Most of them were bought from Reef-a-palooza. Prices on these range from $80-$450 each. Depends which 1 you're wondering about. I also bought some of these from Reef Raft Usa, Iconic Reef Company and Reef Lounge usa.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any FTSs?

There's 1 in the 1st post of the 1st page, but it's missing 2-3 pieces of new corals. That's about it lol.. I don't really have that many corals yet. It's hard because I've been to so many lfs recently and couldn't find much nicer pieces available to buy.

Oh ok, hv you thought about some ricordeas?

Yeah, I have for yumas but things are scary when you buy a super nice piece and they just melt in front of your eyes. I heard from a high-end yuma collector, that some crazy looking yumas will just melt and die off for no reason even when there's nothing wrong with the water. Also, they usually melt not right away, but like in a few weeks to 2 months into any tanks. It's scary especially when you know you will put in lots of money for it.

Why not a cheapo one from your lfs? Or some xenia, or zoas.

Mmm not interested in that. I used to be though. There are some crazy zoas/palys out there but I'm not really a zoa/paly guy. More of a lps collector.

How much is it? It's nice.Under blue LEDs it'll pop like mad. But you may want to wait for a nicer one.

$200. I was thinking the same as well. I'm starting to think I've been buying some okay pieces and not le/crazy pieces lately like everything else besides my jawbreaker mushroom, bubonic cc-like mushroom and 2 master scolys. Those 4 are like the only high-end pieces in my tank.

Nice piece for $200, IMO there are nicer ones though.

IMO if you do get more LE/crazy stuff, get a rainbow chalice so when it grows you can sell the frags.

Nice piece for $200, IMO there are nicer ones though.

IMO if you do get more LE/crazy stuff, get a rainbow chalice so when it grows you can sell the frags.

Yeah, I'll wait. Yeah but I don't have that diamond saw band machine or w/e it is to frag chalices.

Hummm, maybe some frogspawn, candycane, plate, sun, or brain corals.

Yeah, I plan to get some plates...just haven't seen crazy ones for sale locally...sucks. As for brain corals, got sick of it because almost all of them have green centers, even the rainbow ones have whole green centers.

Yeah, touché, what about mini brains? Some have non green centers.

You mean teal green centers? If I see 1 that's rainbow on the center then I might consider it. Most the time, there's a dominant solid green or teal-greenish color in the center.

my honest opinion is there is no such thing as a high end coral, there are corals that look insane under blue lights however. Rare would be a chimera clam centerpiece or some strange 3 mouthed scoly with 3 different color heads. The pic you just posted would look lovely under some blues though I don't think you should pass on something beautiful just because someone isn't asking 500+ for it and given it a name.

Yup, or one of the yellow ones, most are complete yellow.

Nothing can go wrong with neon yellow centers.

my honest opinion is there is no such thing as a high end coral, there are corals that look insane under blue lights however. Rare would be a chimera clam centerpiece or some strange 3 mouthed scoly with 3 different color heads. The pic you just posted would look lovely under some blues though I don't think you should pass on something beautiful just because someone isn't asking 500+ for it and given it a name.

Mmm, I think when 1.0 reef meant like there were better ones in the market, just have to wait for it, he was probably referring to a rainbow one. How often do you get to see a rainbow 1 for purchase? Not so often, and for that reason we consider it a high-end coral or le coral because it's harder to come by. But yeah there are some crazy rainbow pieces that look insane under blue lights.

On live aquarias divers den there a "open brain coral red indonesia", with light blue center and red and blue outside.

Yeah, don't like the light blue centers either...lol.

Man, all y'all are picky:P they have some with black and dark gren/blue stripes on whole thing.

Oh you mean the dark purple centers? Yeah sick of those two. LOL.

Archived