Pod Your Reef

S T E V B E N

benjho

That's a damn nice plate Ben. I'm looking for something similar to that to add to my duo. Finding something that isn't orange or green is quite difficult over here.

Thanks. Ehh, it's alright kind of a plate. Going to sell it after RAP when I get some ultra corals there. Doesn't Australia have crazy ultra pieces available?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Ehh, it's alright kind of a plate. Going to sell it after RAP when I get some ultra corals there. Doesn't Australia have crazy ultra pieces available?

We have some Ultra pieces but the majority go overseas. Lots of awesome Ultra SPS and acans but not much in the form of plates.

Went to two further lfs to see if they were nice, eh. Testing my tank's water with this un-rainbow plate...going to sell it after RAP. Tank's water seems to be fine so far.

15411502239_df18fcc2f7.jpg

That really is a pretty nice plate. Sure I've seen better , more colorful ones but its still really quite nice :) I've definitely seen worse lol

That's a damn nice plate Ben. I'm looking for something similar to that to add to my duo. Finding something that isn't orange or green is quite difficult over here.

That's cuz we get all your colors :) lol

Your not wrong mate haha.

Can you scuba dive.... maybe you could look into getting the required paperwork in order and become a diver/collector, then you could have the colors too, and make some $$ :)

We have some Ultra pieces but the majority go overseas. Lots of awesome Ultra SPS and acans but not much in the form of plates.

Oh yeah, you told me this before. Damn...that sucks...For what Aussie is known for, we take it away...

That really is a pretty nice plate. Sure I've seen better , more colorful ones but its still really quite nice :) I've definitely seen worse lol

That's cuz we get all your colors :) lol

Yeah, that's why I plan to sell it after RAP. Just testing the water to see if a plate is good in it. Water seems to be efficient since I rinsed the black sand with fresh water multiple times and grabbed 100% saltwater from my lfs display tank.

Can you scuba dive.... maybe you could look into getting the required paperwork in order and become a diver/collector, then you could have the colors too, and make some $$ :)

Never tried scuba but always wanted to. All the tropical reefs are about a 3 hour flight from where I live though which is a pain. We are very strict on collection though and I know for a fact that the permits are in excess of 10k a year which is no small fee. You never know, I actually applied for a job at Cairns Marine a while ago who are the largest exporter out of Australia. If you like your fuzzy sticks most of the best ones come from these guys.

Never tried scuba but always wanted to. All the tropical reefs are about a 3 hour flight from where I live though which is a pain. We are very strict on collection though and I know for a fact that the permits are in excess of 10k a year which is no small fee. You never know, I actually applied for a job at Cairns Marine a while ago who are the largest exporter out of Australia. If you like your fuzzy sticks most of the best ones come from these guys.

I'd love to be able to do it myself, but I can't get the wife to move cross country no way shes moving across the world LOL

Goodluck with Cairns that'd be a sweet gig to be able to see everything that goes through a place like that regularly :)

^ I'd have that in a heartbeat. I wonder what it looks like with a little less blue.

That's how it looks like in less blue. My picture is under full blues. Aquasd pic is under more whites.

That's how it looks like in less blue. My picture is under full blues. Aquasd pic is under more whites.

Ah I see, I run my tank very white so I guess the body would look more purple in my tank with a bit less fluorescence.

Ah I see, I run my tank very white so I guess the body would look more purple in my tank with a bit less fluorescence.

Yeah, when it's under full blues, the purple body looks blue. I like blue more than purple if you ask me ;)

AquaSd's plate is better than mine though because it's perfectly round unlike mine and mine has a long loner streak of orange at the top center edge...kinda ruins the patterns.

Yeah, when it's under full blues, the purple body looks blue. I like blue more than purple if you ask me ;)

AquaSd's plate is better than mine though because it's perfectly round unlike mine and mine has a long loner streak of orange at the top center edge...kinda ruins the patterns.

May not be a perfect piece but still very nice. I haven't seen any like this before anyway. Heck, I only saw my first peacock mantis in real life last weekend.

I was just at aquasd today and there new 300g display tank has a sand bed full of similarly awesome plates as well as a bunch of various color torches.

They are a bit pricey, but they always have exotic pieces.

Builds looking great by the way, sorry to hear about your pops as well.

Following

May not be a perfect piece but still very nice. I haven't seen any like this before anyway. Heck, I only saw my first peacock mantis in real life last weekend.

Yeah...I bet RAP will have some unbelievable pieces....can't wait... just 3 more days..

The new hydrometer is freaking small. I like it considering its compatibility for its size and space taking.

$8 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290980936848?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

15418212748_0fca15188f.jpg

I was just at aquasd today and there new 300g display tank has a sand bed full of similarly awesome plates as well as a bunch of various color torches.

They are a bit pricey, but they always have exotic pieces.

Builds looking great by the way, sorry to hear about your pops as well.

Following

Thanks man. Yeah AquaSd always gets some crazy rare pieces at the time. I bought a scoly from them in the past. Will is the owner, he told me he's going to RAP as well. Kinda want to see his master scoly in person. He said he'll bring it if it doesn't sell online by then.

http://livestock.aquasd.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_97&product_id=13126

ucac-015-uca-master-scoly-350-500x500.jp

Ive seen it in person, it looks better than the pic and almost perfectly round. Its About the size of the frag plug and will was asking 600$ and I think 800$ the first time I asked. Too rich for my blood.

Will is cool peeps for sure. wish I could go to rap as well. Gotta work :(

Ive seen it in person, it looks better than the pic and almost perfectly round. Its About the size of the frag plug and will was asking 600$ and I think 800$ the first time I asked. Too rich for my blood.

Will is cool peeps for sure. wish I could go to rap as well. Gotta work :(

It says $350 on his website...you sure we're talking about the same 1?

another tank, what is this, like the 5th? haha nah i know it hasn't been that many. hope all well, will be following this thread :)

Probably more than 5th. I think the 6th or 7th. Actually it's the 5th on NR but the 6th in reality. I didn't have a tank thread for my 1st reef tank. So you're right on. Thanks man.

It looks like the same one. He has 3 or 4 of the smaller size masters, though so I could be mistaken. All I know is they are bad ars, but after hearing his price, :(, ill never be able to afford one. I may drop back by there this weekend and ill snap a pic of them.

i got my first scoly recently, i do enjoy feeding him on occasion. One of the most satisfying to feed imo.

Yeah, they sure are. I didn't feed mine in the past though.

It looks like the same one. He has 3 or 4 of the smaller size masters, though so I could be mistaken. All I know is they are bad ars, but after hearing his price, :(, ill never be able to afford one. I may drop back by there this weekend and ill snap a pic of them.

Yeah the one I just posted was a small 1. Most of his goodies will be at RAP this weekend so you won't be able to.

Finally....my very 1st master scoly.....man, the most I've ever paid for a single piece alone....

Oh and a jawbreaker mushie. Going back again tomorrow, only bought 2 things because they're the most I wanted, the rest were something I can hold off till tomorrow.

Just a quickie.

15441457650_9db0bc2d41.jpg

Btw, the plate is for sale....Saw like almost 8 of them at RAP today...

that is one sick scoly congrats on the new aquisition

Thanks man. Also got some other good news. I've purchased another IM Fusion 10g, planning to turn this 1 to a growout tank for the jawbreaker mushroom and this bta that I had to have....it's coming in on Tuesday. Have bought a new clown as well. Black frostbite.

It's definitely more yellow than orange but not quite the lemon drop... :(

$_57.JPG

Archived