Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NGaHB's 34 gallon... major rescape and a nem split

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly
Love the cardinals I was considering one or a mandarin dragnet if I added any fish

I love spotted mandarins, but I think I'm going to go with two blue stripe pipefish in a month or two

I love spotted mandarins, but I think I'm going to go with two blue stripe pipefish in a month or two

Pipefish are awesome my fish are a little to aggressive for one :(

NorthGaHillbilly
Pipefish are awesome my fish are a little to aggressive for one :(

I was really cracking up at my little goby, be was dive bombing these two and nipping at them. I expect hell calm down tho

I was really cracking up at my little goby, be was dive bombing these two and nipping at them. I expect hell calm down tho

That's just crazy! I would never expect a YCG to have the cojones for that :lol:. I really like my banggai cardinal. I had two but they ended up fighting so one had to go. Hopefully you got lucky with a pair fingerscrossed.

It's funny how some fish are. Like take mine all considered to buy somewhat trouble makers but all get along...well the wrasse needed a month long time out in my buddies tank when I added the angel.

NorthGaHillbilly
That's just crazy! I would never expect a YCG to have the cojones for that :lol:. I really like my banggai cardinal. I had two but they ended up fighting so one had to go. Hopefully you got lucky with a pair fingerscrossed.

They have been in the store togethere for a few weeks, I'm going to add a 3rd, as I've heard that's the thing to do. I called the wife down and just sat there laughing, he's been in the tank by himself for 6 months, so I guess he just decided he's the boss. He's left em alone for a while but they went from checking out the tank to hiding in the corner :(

My yellow clown can get into it with the Basslet at times, who is 3 times his size easy. You need a Pygmy Wrasse as well, great little fish with a funny tail. He wiggles it like a stinger at times, then can open it up and it's quite attractive. Not sure exactly what the purpose of it is.

NorthGaHillbilly

My yellow clown can get into it with the Basslet at times, who is 3 times his size easy. You need a Pygmy Wrasse as well, great little fish with a funny tail. He wiggles it like a stinger at times, then can open it up and it's quite attractive. Not sure exactly what the purpose of it is.

I really like the red of the pygmy, that'd be great for color. What's the process of mixing wrasse? I'm pretty new to fiah, I've only had a few in all my past tanks, so I'm learning as I go.

I'm beginning to see this little goby as a chihuahua, he thinks he 12", not 1/2" :P

This is neat.

I really like the red of the pygmy, that'd be great for color. What's the process of mixing wrasse? I'm pretty new to fiah, I've only had a few in all my past tanks, so I'm learning as I go.

I'm beginning to see this little goby as a chihuahua, he thinks he 12", not 1/2" :P

No idea. I have a sixline in my 150 which is one of the worst. I keep a mirror up at all times on the right side so he doesn't pick on my Ruby headed wrasse.

NorthGaHillbilly

No idea. I have a sixline in my 150 which is one of the worst. I keep a mirror up at all times on the right side so he doesn't pick on my Ruby headed wrasse.

I almost over reacted about these clear little flatworms, which I haven't seen since the tank swap, and got a 6 line glad I didnt, in as small a tank as I've got I'm afraid it'd be a complete terror

What's the process of mixing wrasse?

What wrasses do you want to mix?

That would be perfectly fine. If it looks like a male, it is a male they start female and turn male.... IMO if you really want a show, get 2 or 3 different flashers... like the mckoskers, yellow fin flasher, and dot-dash or blue flasher. Add them all at the same time to avoid issues, and try to get them similar sized and already male. All those max around 3-4" and will provide alot of nice color especially with them flashing their fins at each other all the time. ;)

2-3 males of different flasher wrasses would be fine... they will "flash" each other alot but damage should be minimal at most.

Oh yeah already talked about it......

NorthGaHillbilly
Pipe fish- love them-that'll be sweet! like the new fish additions- do they ever separate?

Not yet, I'm hoping they might have paired up in the store, it'd be awesome to see some breeding behavior

I vote that you call the Goby Napoleon.

I'll run it by the wife, the fish are "hers" :D

Pawning the fish off on the wife- that's my ploy too- keeps her interested and on the day time feeding schedule

I wish mine liked reef safe fish it'd make things easier lol

NorthGaHillbilly

Pawning the fish off on the wife- that's my ploy too- keeps her interested and on the day time feeding schedule?

she's still screaming for a tang, I just told her that mean a bigger tank in a year or so LOL

I wish mine liked reef safe fish it'd make things easier lol

It worked out well that she picked the YCG first, she said she wanted a harlequin tusk, I said he'd eat her goby... "what a dick, he's not even that pretty anyway, mean ####er"

It worked out well that she picked the YCG first, she said she wanted a harlequin tusk, I said he'd eat her goby... "what a dick, he's not even that pretty anyway, mean ####er"

Yeah mine likes groupers, tusk, butterflies, lions..... Basically if it eats coral or other fish she likes it lol

NorthGaHillbilly

Yeah mine likes groupers, tusk, butterflies, lions..... Basically if it eats coral or other fish she likes it lol

Seems like a theme developing, I've got several friends with fowlr tanks now because of their wives. Kinda weird us manly men want to grow under water flowers and our ladies prefer flesh eaters. :)

As everyone one can probably tell I'm big on diy and getting equiptment used, but I broke the theme today and put in my order for an Apex Jr and the wireless adaptor to take this thing into the Internet age.

I would like to have more controllable sockets, but as I'm not looking to add a ton of probes or do dad's the Jr was the way to go for me. I'm going to just run my lights on timers as it seems over complicating things to have sockets taken up for such a simple, and not immediately necessary, process.

NorthGaHillbilly

Yeaaaaa boy! Do it up!

I think my tank is getting wet today

awesome, lookin forward to an update. I'll get that pump sent eventually, I'm less than prompt on these things I'm afraid

Seems like a theme developing, I've got several friends with fowlr tanks now because of their wives. Kinda weird us manly men want to grow under water flowers and our ladies prefer flesh eaters. :)

Yeah she was all set for getting a couple HUGE tanks when we moved because she actually wanted a shark & aggressive fish tank and I could have an equal sized reef if I wanted.... then she talked me into staying here and remodeling :wacko:

awesome, lookin forward to an update. I'll get that pump sent eventually, I'm less than prompt on these things I'm afraid

No worries man. Take your time I have 2pumps I can use till then

Archived