Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mpsti05 ReefSavvy Oasis.... nanobox wide quad goodness

mpsti05

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold out for 425XL

probably will, I got a quote from miracles for a 48x24x16 for 1400shipped. Not to bad. Nothing new till I can get this tank back in tip top shape.

+1 on the Hanna alk checker. I have several Hanna checkers, but the simplicity and speed of the alk checker is the best. It's way faster than any titration test, and obviously it's way easier to read. I hate almost every color shading test, I can never figure out what color my sample matches.

I can check alkalinity with my Hanna in less than 30 seconds. It takes longer to clean out the vial afterward :lol:

The only downside of the Hanna is having to buy more reagent, but I don't think it costs much more, if any, than getting a new Red Sea or Salifert test kit.

jedimasterben

The Hanna alkalinity checker is the only one that is consistent and accurate enough to be worth purchasing. The phosphate, phosphorus, and calcium checkers are all awful.

probably will, I got a quote from miracles for a 48x24x16 for 1400shipped. Not to bad. Nothing new till I can get this tank back in tip top shape.

Look at SCA for a custom tank too. They did mine and the quality is the same as any ADA I've owned. Great quality and low prices.

The Hanna alkalinity checker is the only one that is consistent and accurate enough to be worth purchasing. The phosphate, phosphorus, and calcium checkers are all awful.

My Hanna phosphate check is POS...

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered new rodi filter kit from brs mine is currently 1.5yrs old I normally try to replace them once a year, also ordered the BRS two part kit and a salifert alk test kit. I'm leaning towards the redsea 425xl for my living room tank potentially basement next to the movie theater. And the reef savvy will eventually be turned either a frag tank or an lps tank with mucho bubble tips just for my clown pair. We'll see

• 3 weeks later...

Another nanobox secret in the works ;) and do I switch it up to redsea coral pro salt or not........ Been using reef crystals for about 5 years now

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up about 30ish lbs of 2.1 reef rock from ninja, plan is to do a re-set. Take all the old rock out and sand and put in new sand and new rock after I cycle the rock. Will need to grab a tank to put the fish and coral in for a week or two.... And new top-secret light coming in from nanobox in the next couple weeks ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, cal 340 and alk 8.9 weirdness... Thinking mag is outta whack. Adjusted alk from 19ml to 15ml and cal from 25 to 29ml. Reset coming soon if I can find the time. New sand and rock. Have to send the nanobox mimic back to Dave as the power supply is wonky :(

That anemone is just sitting on a rock isolated waiting patiently for a new home!

Your awesome Rodger! I'll give you a heads up if I can grab it in the next two weeks for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

4th time in the last month I've come home and the kole tang is stuck to the vortech... last 3 times were the mp40, this time the mp10 may have done him in :( damn fish... no more fish till I set up the reefer 350

4th time in the last month I've come home and the kole tang is stuck to the vortech... last 3 times were the mp40, this time the mp10 may have done him in :( damn fish... no more fish till I set up the reefer 350

That is weird. He must have been sick or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Loved this vid...

Hopefully picking up a reefer 350 from a local next weekend. I have high hopes for this tank, Plan on using marine pure blocks and spheres, BRS rox Carbon, phosphate rx, purigen, and cheato for nutrient export. Meticulous water changes, weekly testings. I don't want to get L.A.R.S and challenge myself with the wife's assistance. Reef savvy will go in the loft or basement as a frag tank or clown tank only.

Loved this vid...

Hopefully picking up a reefer 350 from a local next weekend. I have high hopes for this tank, Plan on using marine pure blocks and spheres, BRS rox Carbon, phosphate rx, purigen, and cheato for nutrient export. Meticulous water changes, weekly testings. I don't want to get L.A.R.S and challenge myself with the wife's assistance. Reef savvy will go in the loft or basement as a frag tank or clown tank only.

Thanks for posting this! I thought I'd just skim it quickly and got completely sucked in. :)

I met Joe and Laura a couple weeks ago at a local reef show. Very nice people and obviously very knowledgeable. And Laura's a very good coral salesman. Oops...I spent way too much at the Reefgen booth :blush:

Archived