Pod Your Reef

mpsti05 ReefSavvy Oasis.... nanobox wide quad goodness

mpsti05

Well damn I think that's the whole bottle of Kent tech m I have haha

First time I dosed B-ionic I had to use the entire bottle and then half of another to raise Ca from 350 to 440 :lol:

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Well damn I think that's the whole bottle of Kent tech m I have haha

Yeah, it took me two liters to raise mine up by 700ppm or so. And then I completely negated all of that by doing a 60% water change lol

Nice thread. Tank is looking good.

Whatever projector you get make sure it is a 3LCD. I've had numerous different projectors and I'm really liking the 3lcd ones now. The colors are just so much more crisp and the mirror dusting isn't a problem like it is in DLP. Also if you can buy it from Best Buy and get the 2 year geek squad plan on it. Every 2 years take it in for a cleaning/service and they will scrap it out because they really can't repair them. You get the value of an equal projector in store credit so you can then buy a brand new one with the latest technology. My latest projector cost me $20 in tax and the Geek Squad plan.

Nice thread. Tank is looking good.

Whatever projector you get make sure it is a 3LCD. I've had numerous different projectors and I'm really liking the 3lcd ones now. The colors are just so much more crisp and the mirror dusting isn't a problem like it is in DLP. Also if you can buy it from Best Buy and get the 2 year geek squad plan on it. Every 2 years take it in for a cleaning/service and they will scrap it out because they really can't repair them. You get the value of an equal projector in store credit so you can then buy a brand new one with the latest technology. My latest projector cost me $20 in tax and the Geek Squad plan.

Hmmm aight, I've been eyeballing the benq ht1075 on Amazon. My buddy has it and looks pretty legit and at 750ish the wife is buying it for me for my bday

Hmmm aight, I've been eyeballing the benq ht1075 on Amazon. My buddy has it and looks pretty legit and at 750ish the wife is buying it for me for my bday

Benq rate really well for a first projector. It really depends on your intended use and your budget. Epson is the king of 3LCD projectors right now. The Epson 2040 is a killer unit. It has a much better contrast ratio as well compared to the benq. The thing with projectors is the tech is changing so fast that you really want to get a new one every 2-3 years. DLP bulbs are $150+ usually where the 3LCD bulbs are $80. I've gone through 3 DLP projectors now due to mirror dusting. No matter how many filters they have and how clean you keep it some dust always gets on the mirrors and causes ghosts on your image. It is so annoying haha. If my projector room was alittle larger I would get the Epson 5030ub. The grand daddy of 3LCD without stepping up to the monster units the size of a microwave.

• 3 weeks later...

Honeymoon is over, 2 week vacation was legit. Love taking cruises. Only one casualty when we were gone the hi fin goby got through the net some how. Bubble algae plague exploded guessing the clogged Venturi on the skimmer screwed that up while I was gone. Need to decide on what to do to rid myself of it, all new rock and remove a bunch of sand. I want a damn nano box hybrid or a second radion. I dunno what I want right now

Cut off the bubble algae very carefully with a new blade, catch them with a net. You can do this out of the tank in a bucket or tub. dip in peroxide to catch any stray spores or if anything bursts. Rinse, put back in tank. Is that doable? Pics?

i want pics of Honeymoon

I'll have to get them from the wife's phone. Flew to Puerto Rico got on a cruise and went to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kits, Barbados and hung out for a few days with friends in St. Maarten.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to the wife happy bday to me! Wired up my killer new sound system and projector this week. 140" screen is pretty killer, surpassed my expectations

FE782C91-AB4B-4EBC-86B9-96B2A362863B_zps

Wife has complained about the bubble algae plague :( no more travel or vacation till July so I'll be home more to be proactive. Time to start cooking up a plan, going to remove a good amount of the 2.5" sandbed, and start cycling some new rock in a brute in the basement.

jedimasterben

At this point I'd need an army, ph is 7.15 I think the probe is toasted, it's a brs one and bout 3 yrs old, guess I could order a new one.

Nah, you'd be surprised how much green they can eat. I would manually remove as much as you can, but so long as you have a rabbitfish, you won't need to worry about accidentally popping some, as the rabbitfish will nom on them as they grow. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'll just drop this in... Taken with iPhone behind my ray ban polarized sunglasses lol

A9B40EB9-EB63-4BDC-851F-B3B08841AD10_zps

The color on the Ora red Goni pops way more with this vs

E4F8C218-8563-40A3-A70D-6FE0E93094F8_zps

• 3 weeks later...

Need to order new rodi filters, and more 2part. Gonna go with brs instead of esv, and I can't tell when this damn Red Sea alk test changes colors anymore. Use to go from blue to red easily enough to tell. Now it's blue to yellow or orange and it's hard to really tell.. Wtf

HarryPotter

Need to order new rodi filters, and more 2part. Gonna go with brs instead of esv, and I can't tell when this damn Red Sea alk test changes colors anymore. Use to go from blue to red easily enough to tell. Now it's blue to yellow or orange and it's hard to really tell.. Wtf

Hanna checker time?

Tank looks really nice: I was going to go to BRS but got lazy and decided to spend the extra buck or three to pre-measured solutions and constrained

Archived