Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few shots from today

Undata

bccc380b979367dfe59f6a007f11612c_zps06e5

Undata is one of my favorite underrated "plain" pieces. It might not be the most colorful amazing thing out there but there is just something cool about it all the same :)

Great shots as usual man!

Undata is one of my favorite underrated "plain" pieces. It might not be the most colorful amazing thing out there but there is just something cool about it all the same :) Great shots as usual man!
Thanks man, I feel the same way- it is encrusting good on the other side but I can't get a pic over there. It's a steady grower but as you say- nothing fancy!

That undata is pretty!

Thank you- I think as it grows it will become more of a favorite

Thanks man, I feel the same way- it is encrusting good on the other side but I can't get a pic over there. It's a steady grower but as you say- nothing fancy!

Thank you- I think as it grows it will become more of a favorite

My BF has one that is really beautiful. If I was a lesser person I would seriously try to steal it!!

My BF has one that is really beautiful. If I was a lesser person I would seriously try to steal it!!

Hahaha! How big is it. My lfs store has some encrusting Monti's that are the size of a football- really impressive to see. Have you posted up any pictures of your bf tanks- you should - always great to see more good tanks?

Hahaha! How big is it. My lfs store has some encrusting Monti's that are the size of a football- really impressive to see. Have you posted up any pictures of your bf tanks- you should - always great to see more good tanks?

It's a little oval shaped and probably about 2x3 inches. The polyps on his reach out really far and look like they are floating. Might just be high flow in his tank. The tiny frags I've seen at the lfs dont look as neat to me...

So my Mille is starting to angle up and away from the glass- slowly but surely. My magnet will remain there ( in between cleanings) until the white tips start facing straight up.

a425ae1aa04e20cf8a8a43cb77a80aeb_zpse577

44eb282f6cff4e7b34191e11efdea2a7_zps90f1

I like that undata too :).

So what will the magnet do? Is it there just to keep the coral from reaching the glass?

I like that undata too :).So what will the magnet do? Is it there just to keep the coral from reaching the glass?

Ya- basically a spacer so I can keep the glass clean. That Mille is on a rock I can't really move unless I redo the whole side- which actually might have to happen at some point. ?

My Birthday gifts to myself?. Doser with tubing bracket and a new stronger pump for my reactor

505579f544aecf3d7ef90e76155b425e_zpsa7b0

Cold day here- I usually have large blowout skate session in the backyard so we had to postpone. Still had a fun b-day- I hooked up the mimouse pump with my reactor and it is cranking?. Just love those Sicce pumps. Did a 5 gal. W/C and got the doser all placed into place but not activated yet. I am traveling Tuesday and Wednesday so I didn't want to chance anything and setup new equipment. Super stoked on the doser- how are all of you that have this doser setting it up throughout the day?

Happy birthday, nice gifts. :naughtydance: Not sure how the BM Doser works, the Marine Magic is a pain in the ass, you need to manually input each dose, haha - but I split my dose into 12 doses per day for Calcium and Alk. So on alternating hours, works well for me and keeps things stable. I just manually dose Mg when needed.

Happy birthday, nice gifts. :naughtydance: Not sure how the BM Doser works, the Marine Magic is a pain in the ass, you need to manually input each dose, haha - but I split my dose into 12 doses per day for Calcium and Alk. So on alternating hours, works well for me and keeps things stable. I just manually dose Mg when needed.

Thanks! That is helpful- spreading out the dosing like that throughout the day was what I was wondering about ?

My Birthday gifts to myself. Doser with tubing bracket and a new stronger pump for my reactor

505579f544aecf3d7ef90e76155b425e_zpsa7b0

Cold day here- I usually have large blowout skate session in the backyard so we had to postpone. Still had a fun b-day- I hooked up the mimouse pump with my reactor and it is cranking. Just love those Sicce pumps. Did a 5 gal. W/C and got the doser all placed into place but not activated yet. I am traveling Tuesday and Wednesday so I didn't want to chance anything and setup new equipment. Super stoked on the doser- how are all of you that have this doser setting it up throughout the day?

Yesterday was your BD???? Happy Birthday :).

I have my doser set to dose alk once an hour everyday..it was an option so figured why not LOL. My calcium doses 4 times a day. And magnesium once a day.

Yesterday was your BD???? Happy Birthday :).I have my doser set to dose alk once an hour everyday..it was an option so figured why not LOL. My calcium doses 4 times a day. And magnesium once a day.

Ya- thank you-the big 49! Last yr. of my 40's- stoked to still be skating hard and being active! Next yr. I am officially old? but will not slow down! The older I get the more I realize it's just a number?

Thanks for the info on your doser- so do you off set your calcium so it's not dosed the same time as the Alk. or is that not an issue because of the small amount of Alk. your dosing throughout the day? Why only 4 times on the calcium? I really like the idea of dosing the Alk. Throughout the day- huge benefit to keep things stable

Here's a shot from Saturday-65degrees out☀️ Sunday dropped to 25?. We're back up to the 50's now!

7aca6aa1c443e9de15a81a421c427a51_zpsb7fd

Ya- thank you-the big 49! Last yr. of my 40's- stoked to still be skating hard and being active! Next yr. I am officially old but will not slow down! The older I get the more I realize it's just a number

Thanks for the info on your doser- so do you off set your calcium so it's not dosed the same time as the Alk. or is that not an issue because of the small amount of Alk. your dosing throughout the day? Why only 4 times on the calcium? I really like the idea of dosing the Alk. Throughout the day- huge benefit to keep things stable

Here's a shot from Saturday-65degrees out☀️ Sunday dropped to 25. We're back up to the 50's now!

That is awesome! You're only as old as you feel. I still feel like I'm in my 20s...late 20s ;). But much smarter now :D.

I don't see 50 as old anymore LOL. My mom is in her late 60s and still going strong :).

The doser has an automatic thing where it will delay the second dose by 5 minutes. And the 3rd pump by another 5 minutes after that. So when all go off at the same time, alk goes, then 5 min later ca, then 5 min. after that it's the mg.

Actually it's 6 times a day on the calcium. I set it up that way so the calcium isn't dosed right after the alk every time. Does that make sense? The doser is super easy to program and use...I love it :).

I don't see 50 as old anymore LOL. My mom is in her late 60s and still going strong :).

Yea, 50 is not old, and neither is 51! What she said. :)

Better get off the skateboard, you're gonna break your hip!

Yea, 50 is not old, and neither is 51! What she said. :)

Better get off the skateboard, you're gonna break your hip!

:flower:

I don't know...looks like he has very strong legs to me ;).

Ya- thank you-the big 49! Last yr. of my 40's- stoked to still be skating hard and being active! Next yr. I am officially old but will not slow down! The older I get the more I realize it's just a number

Here's a shot from Saturday-65degrees out☀️ Sunday dropped to 25. We're back up to the 50's now!

What a great backyard!

Thanks for your compliment....love what you're doing with yours! I may consider going with the pump upgrade you did....I think I need more movement before I try the SPS. and I do have a Hydor Koralia 240.

So afraid of them. But love them!

That is awesome! You're only as old as you feel. I still feel like I'm in my 20s...late 20s ;). But much smarter now :D.I don't see 50 as old anymore LOL. My mom is in her late 60s and still going strong :).The doser has an automatic thing where it will delay the second dose by 5 minutes. And the 3rd pump by another 5 minutes after that. So when all go off at the same time, alk goes, then 5 min later ca, then 5 min. after that it's the mg.Actually it's 6 times a day on the calcium. I set it up that way so the calcium isn't dosed right after the alk every time. Does that make sense? The doser is super easy to program and use...I love it :).

Ya- the older I get the more I realize it is just a number?. Staying active is the key- and ya gotta stay sharp on the board or the Crete can be painful! Thanks for the info on the doser- I am may follow your plan- sounds like a perfect setup. Gotta get on that this weekend

Yea, 50 is not old, and neither is 51! What she said. :) Better get off the skateboard, you're gonna break your hip!

Yes- your are right- 50's - no big deal. I've had my share of breaks over the 40yrs. of riding that wooden stick- collar bone, both wrist, both ankles, MCL, and probably about 10 ribs- latest was a rib this summer- and plenty of road rash- just comes with the territory- gotta pay to play sometimes. It's just to damn fun to stop now! ?

What a great backyard!

Thank you- a work in progress. More coming next yr.?

Well damn happy belated birthday looks like you traded the walker in for a set of wheels huh? LOL

Thanks man! No walker just yet?

Thanks for your compliment....love what you're doing with yours! I may consider going with the pump upgrade you did....I think I need more movement before I try the SPS. and I do have a Hydor Koralia 240. So afraid of them. But love them!
Thanks! Just be careful where you put that 240- keep it away from the round corners! I have two but I am afraid to add them with the tank. The Sicce pump is awesome and the spin streams really help too

So I was traveling for work Tuesday and Wednesday- what a nice surprise in the Dallas/ Ft.Worth airport- terminal E they had a really nice 100-150 gallon reef with a central overflow. They had some nice size tangs and with the central overflow gave them plenty of room to swim in circles. The corals also look to be well taken care of- it was great cause I ended up getting to the airport about 2hrs. early. Here's some pics

imagejpg1_zpsfdaf3ee3.jpg

imagejpg3_zps8ab5dac3.jpg

imagejpg2_zps31cdb342.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsd835cbbf.jpg

Archived