Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mark's 150 (NanoBox Retro)

markalot

---

So you ever have one of those evenings where you are going to do one thing and everything goes wrong? I mean to tell you a quarter of my glue welds failed while trying to slightly move one rock. It took over an hour (ha, 4 hours) to fix everything and the Horrida is still carefully placed in the sandbed for now. Even my purple poci got knocked off after i brushed it with my hand, so it would have fallen in a few days anyway.

I also broke the top off one of the better blue stag pieces. :angry:

I had one of those evenings a couple of days ago. Working and cleaning the tank and simply took the hood off. Went to put it back on and the leds quit working! A couple of wires came off and tried to reconnect them and now the leds just flash like a strobe effect! So I pull out the ol' MH light fixture and the bulb is burned out!! All that's working now is the 2 power compact lights. I have a new kit coming from Dave and I hope my acros survive while I'm waiting for the kit!

• Like 1

I had one of those evenings a couple of days ago. Working and cleaning the tank and simply took the hood off. Went to put it back on and the leds quit working! A couple of wires came off and tried to reconnect them and now the leds just flash like a strobe effect! So I pull out the ol' MH light fixture and the bulb is burned out!! All that's working now is the 2 power compact lights. I have a new kit coming from Dave and I hope my acros survive while I'm waiting for the kit!

Good grief, that sounds much worse than what I just experienced, sorry to hear of the troubles.

You know when you get the new light if you could show us how the old tank looks .... :)

• Like 2

Took some topdowns with the 35mm Nikon lens, much better focus and contrast.

Cousin It

ZDjwhsv.jpg

Palmers (white stuff is my repair where it broke)

2B5vju7.jpg

Katropora (top half)

4fY5njR.jpg

eRvx57M.jpg

50jn0cs.jpg

AYJldko.jpg

horrida

keupdkk.jpg

• Like 5

The Lokani took a tumble, scratched the glass, then landed in a pink Poki I had in the sandbed. I removed it quickly but you can still see the skin damage. I've put a hit out on the poci. :furious:

cIB6pkO.jpg

lVYIPpP.jpg

Still working on the blue stag, but it's getting there. +75 par via moving up a little and over. You can see the blue slowly showing up ... very very slowly.

xzztGF9.jpg

• Like 7

Daily Dosing:

3 drops PhosphateRx
2 drops MicroE
2 drops Kalium
5 drops SpongePower
1 drop Lugols
10 drops AcroPower (getting kind of carried away with this one)
2 squirts of ReefRoids plus 2 other coral foods mixed with RODI (just started this last week)

I tested PO4 with the Elos high rez and had a hard time getting any color to show, which indicates < .03, so I backed off PhosphateRx by a drop. I'm feeding Reef Roids every other day and this will sometimes throw off the Hanna Checker.

• Like 2

ARE YOU SERIOUS! WANT!!!!!

ZDjwhsv.jpg

Unfortunately no, I left the blue LED bar on which it's right next too and it totally exaggerated the blues. Here's a truer color picture with the same lens but the LED bar off.

hO8jJDe.jpg

It's just so close but not quite pink.

• Like 2
metrokat, on 17 Dec 2016 - 7:51 PM, said:

I see purple

markalot, on 17 Dec 2016 - 7:53 PM, said:

I see brownish purple. :)

I see dead peo..... oh wait, different movie :blink:

• Like 4

Taking macros today. Still some brown in Cousin It, but maybe this is all it's capable of.

FPSfCEL.jpg

DvyVlZh.jpg

Accidental frags of pinky and the purple milli doing well. The color shows up on the out of focus milli.

FFU9a23.jpg

Another hairy monster showing some good red, but this one seems to need a LOT of light.

MFzO2YR.jpg

The sarmentosa. Original pic from PEA showed pink on the tips but none has shown up yet.

taJVNVu.jpg

• Like 6

Nothing new, just forgot to post this one.

5apIQZh.jpg

I love this shot! The colors and lighting levels are just right, and I don't think I've seen a picture of both tanks together before.

• Like 1

So I made it. The first Christmas with the big tank near peak health and color. :D No worries, I'm sure I'll screw something up next year.

I had been feeding roids + RODI in a dropper bottle for a while, decided to mix in some other coral foods, which is a really STUPID idea since some of those are not artificial foods like reef roids.

OH THE SMELL, the bottle smelled like blended dead mouse.

I first noticed an issue with the skimmer filling up after a morning dose ... then I smelled it. :o Corals seemed to love it but I tossed the liquid and the ruined bottle. So for others trying it, reef roids ONLY and do a smell test from time to time.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 7

So I made it. The first Christmas with the big tank near peak health and color. :D No worries, I'm sure I'll screw something up next year.

I had been feeding roids + RODI in a dropper bottle for a while, decided to mix in some other coral foods, which is a really STUPID idea since some of those are not artificial foods like reef roids.

OH THE SMELL, the bottle smelled like blended dead mouse.

I first noticed an issue with the skimmer filling up after a morning dose ... then I smelled it. :o Corals seemed to love it but I tossed the liquid and the ruined bottle. So for others trying it, reef roids ONLY and do a smell test from time to time.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm glad you learned that lesson for me! I've been thinking about copying your idea for reef roids in an RODI bottle, and I'm sure i would have had the same bright idea to put other coral foods in it too :D

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Complete power failure. Let's review what is working and what didn't.

Ecotech expensive power backup failed, complete failure.

Cheap $70 UPS powering one pump in 40 and one pump in 150 has 120 minutes left.

Apex is beeping even though I turned alarm sounds off.

Luckily we had a record high of 72 today and the basement got a little overheated.

Power should be restored in 60 minutes or so, fortunately.

Out 22:49

Restored 00:20

UPS lasted until 00:15 lol, missed it by this much. I was getting out a stirring stick when the power came back on.

Ecotech battery is unplugged from wall. This might explain why it didn't work. /facepalm I need a better plan, the UPS had to power too many devices. The programming worked, all heaters shut off, but a couple of in sump pumps stayed on and the blasted APEX alarm ... gah.

• Like 1

Blue LED photo

iwHgTVU.jpg

The Ecotech battery is dead, it lasts 3 minutes. So effing glad I spent money on it. I do have a generator but it's never been used. I *think* I have all the needed supplies to start it up (oil and gas).

• Like 3

I love the fts under the blues!

Generators are good! Do you have any battery powered air pumps? They saved my tanks when I lost power for 12 hours in the hurricane earlier this year.

• Like 1

I love the fts under the blues!

Generators are good! Do you have any battery powered air pumps? They saved my tanks when I lost power for 12 hours in the hurricane earlier this year.

I do as a matter of fact, and forgot. They take D batteries, need to check to see if we have any on hand.

Skimmer is no longer sucking in air from outside. PH running at 8.6 so I re-calibrated using both the 7 and 10 fluids per instructions (talk about a boring job). 8.5 after calibration. The saturated Kalk is really doing a good job of raising PH.

• Like 3