inTank Media Baskets

Mark's 150 (NanoBox Retro)

markalot

jedimasterben

Spent a lot of time with this tank today, cleaned all the pumps and replaced both rear pumps with Tunze 6095 Wide flows. One of these was in the 40 gallon and could not be run at full speed so I bought another and now both in here. Flow is excellent and you can still feel water movement near the center of the tank. Max flow rate is 2000 GPH, half of an MP40, but really adds to the flow up top. Hopefully this will fix Cousin It's issues.

I have a 6095 and a 6055 on my tank right now. The 6095 is wayyyy too much flow, so I'm swapping it for another 6055 (aww yiss black Friday), but I bought the wide flow grills and covers for them since the 6095 and 6055 are identical other than the impeller, and I much prefer the wider flow of the 95 to the 55.

• Like 1

I have a 6095 and a 6055 on my tank right now. The 6095 is wayyyy too much flow, so I'm swapping it for another 6055 (aww yiss black Friday), but I bought the wide flow grills and covers for them since the 6095 and 6055 are identical other than the impeller, and I much prefer the wider flow of the 95 to the 55.

My BRS Black Friday purchase was a 6105, just in case a need a spot of 3400 GPH at some point in the future.

• Like 2

Oh my god, the Kat and Slimer are looking glorious.

The whole tank looks amazing! :)

Thanks Maria.

Dat Kat tho.... :D

My slimer is encrusting on the back wall :)

Same here, in 3 spots now.

Every time I see that lokani it has more color :wub:

Either more or different. It was almost gray for a few days after I bumped it, and now it looks like this? An interesting coral for sure.

More pics from yesterday.

WrSEBHF.jpg

Miami Orchid

V58pWVw.jpg

The blue stag is every so slowly gaining blue.

xhm85KM.jpg

Kentucky Bluegrass

RXyk57z.jpg

While it still looks good the Red Robin has lost some red since last time.

W4wDiIF.jpg

D0FErq9.jpg

0HKdJZJ.jpg

jxm1H8M.jpg

u2LPxnd.jpg

Horrida

IcIYKjW.jpg

Valida

IjwSQdI.jpg

Palmers Blue still not blue but showing some growth.

LjmvGkp.jpg

Back right showing not only a mystic sunset but also the green cap growing back.

J79MLCI.jpg

Bird of Paradise looks pretty good from the top.

slLZ5v3.jpg

• Like 6

dayum! Gonna go beast mode.

I have a spot big enough for another pump down on the right side, behind the rocks. An RW15 used to do the work until it died. Adds some nice strong flow along the back wall, keeping things stirred up. The base of the Valida loved it and encrusted out and down, even in low light and while other parts were receding.

...Great. Now I want SPS.

I recommend against it unless you really enjoy testing Alk every 3 days just to be sure. :) Birdsnests, montis not as hard, though birds are the first to go up in flames if Alk spikes. Acros die in an alk spike but not until 20 days later just when you think everything is ok ... and they break your heart.

Also stylos, like the Orchid below. It has some dieback but easy enough to save when things started hurting. I have 4 of them now.

I forgot the frag rack shot. The middle pinkish coral is Pinky in low light.

47yQGcr.jpg

• Like 5

I recommend against it unless you really enjoy testing Alk every 3 days just to be sure. :) Birdsnests, montis not as hard, though birds are the first to go up in flames if Alk spikes. Acros die in an alk spike but not until 20 days later just when you think everything is ok ... and they break your heart.

Also stylos, like the Orchid below. It has some dieback but easy enough to save when things started hurting. I have 4 of them now.

I mean... I have a hanna alk checker, right? :P

My montipora spongodes is encrusting like it's bulletproof, even while the grafted caps die back a little and grow further again every few days. It's kinda cool.

• Like 1

47yQGcr.jpg

Wow mark, that one in the middle is pretty nice. Everything looks amazing.

• Like 1

I mean... I have a hanna alk checker, right? :P

My montipora spongodes is encrusting like it's bulletproof, even while the grafted caps die back a little and grow further again every few days. It's kinda cool.

I hate that Alk checker, I use Salifert. For whatever reason it just doesn't seem simple to me. ??

I love spongodes, it's my favorite monti and also the first to be eaten by MEN. Which, btw, have never returned since vanishing over a year ago. :D Uh oh, memory lane. I get sick seeing some of the corals I lost.

It's on the right in this picture, the same rock is still there since it's the Blenny's house (you can see him as well).

gamu0.jpg

Montipora Eating Nudies showed up weeks later so I started taking pictures since I knew I was going to lose it.423964.jpg

• Like 2

Aww!! It's so pretty, though :wub:

I like the hanna, just wish I'd waited a few weeks and gotten the dKH readout. I can never remember what ppm I should be aiming for, since I usually think dKH. ...Maybe I should just write it down.

• Like 2

Aww!! It's so pretty, though :wub:

I like the hanna, just wish I'd waited a few weeks and gotten the dKH readout. I can never remember what ppm I should be aiming for, since I usually think dKH. ...Maybe I should just write it down.

I love my Hanna alk checker but I have the same problem with ppm. I just multiply by .056 on my cell phone and then record it in the Aquaticlog app. I was seriously tempted in the black friday sale to get another one just have one that reads dkh :lol:

47yQGcr.jpg

What you said about SPS dying 20 days later is so true, I never realized that's what's been happening :lol:

Btw, my blue slimer frag is still pretty green but there's always hope. After my little BOP frag is colored up just like yours :)

PS: what's the guy in the middle in this pic?

• Like 1

I love my Hanna alk checker but I have the same problem with ppm. I just multiply by .056 on my cell phone and then record it in the Aquaticlog app. I was seriously tempted in the black friday sale to get another one just have one that reads dkh :lol:

I... I paid for aquaticlog. Why am I not using it?

• Like 2

What you said about SPS dying 20 days later is so true, I never realized that's what's been happening :lol:

Btw, my blue slimer frag is still pretty green but there's always hope. After my little BOP frag is colored up just like yours :)

PS: what's the guy in the middle in this pic?

Good luck with the green slimer, I hear they can be slow and picky. :)

That's the same pink coral.

DH2dVdw.jpg

This is why I think I'll always have frag racks in here, to see how corals respond in different lighting. The Kat frags have maintained good color even though the PAR on the rack is 150 rather than 350.

• Like 4

Looking great as normal Mark. Love this is a NanoBox tank.

Thanks Dave. :)

Gatlinburg TN burning to the ground but it's not a recount or some dumb ass Hollywood type getting a divorce so very little coverage until the twitters stormed the press.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/southern-fires-gatlinburg-smokies/index.html?adkey=bn

The aquarium was just evacuated with animals still inside. We visited there just a few years ago and the idea of losing it makes me sick.

Only view the twitter link if you can tolerate trolls.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gatlinburg?src=hash

Everything is looking amazing Mark. omgomgomg

Thanks Shaun.

There was an incident yesterday at some point. I interrogated the fish but no one confessed.

FIg0sgV.jpg

Someone knocked a branch off the digitata which hit the silly birdsnest which toppled into the frogspawn. The blenny seemed quite happy about it but I suspect one of the larger fish.

Mounting two of the most fragile corals right next to each other was an awesome idea! :| This gives the peach dragon a little more room, so that's a good thing. The bird goes to the other side.

C3a1vXJ.jpg

• Like 4

I recommend withholding food until the guilty party confesses. Maybe paste a picture of a barracuda to the tank if that doesn't work.

This whole post made me laugh, but then I saw the pictures. You have beautiful disaster recovery pictures :)

• Like 2

Good luck with the green slimer, I hear they can be slow and picky. :)

That's the same pink coral.

DH2dVdw.jpg

This is why I think I'll always have frag racks in here, to see how corals respond in different lighting. The Kat frags have maintained good color even though the PAR on the rack is 150 rather than 350.

I MUST HAS THIS CORAL! :eek:

• Like 3