Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Rockin' Flower Garden!

FlowerMama

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the simplicity of it. Makes me want to have a similar tank. Long and shallow, couple of rocks, and LOTS of flowers. Very nice!

Thanks, I found the wall sticker but I got a poster frame and had to cut 4 inches off. I couldn't really well apply a sticker after the tank was in place so it had to have a frame, then I got it up on a hook I already had up there previously. I have the pump so the return gives some flow but I can't have much yet as the flowers are still in the process of sticking their feet down. They've been in there a week, some only since yesterday after work. I just have to give it time. Fed them today. I'm out of mysis. I need to order some. One of those big frozen packs I've seen online. There's only one that is 3 inches. All others are smaller and have to grow before they'll be of size for reproductive activities. And I'm hoping for active activity! And when all finally get their foot down I can put the WP-25 on low. At this point it's still too strong and they're like tumble weeds.

Next step, buy some Barry White for music to set the tone and play it on repeat!

bdevillier19

We only have 2 lfs here and they don't carry rock flowers and the only place I buy VIP Reef because the quality, color, and selection, patterns are incredible. Many times though I like the mid-range better than the higher priced ones.

I have to agree. VIP reef has some amazing rock flowers and I also think the majority of the mid range nems look better than the $100+ nems.

Looking good:)

I had a quick question about your light if you don't mind, I was thinking about getting one for my tank and wanted to know if it came with the hanging kit?

Also how are you liking it so far? Is it quiet? Thanks!

Looking good:)

I had a quick question about your light if you don't mind, I was thinking about getting one for my tank and wanted to know if it came with the hanging kit?

Also how are you liking it so far? Is it quiet? Thanks!

Thank You. It comes with both hanging kit and feet. It is deadly quiet; makes no noise at all. I am really enjoying the functionality of the light. It's easy to set up, easy to program.

After I finish dinner I'm going to get the Tunze ATO set up. With this wide open space I lose a lot of water each day.

Thank You. It comes with both hanging kit and feet. It is deadly quiet; makes no noise at all. I am really enjoying the functionality of the light. It's easy to set up, easy to program.

After I finish dinner I'm going to get the Tunze ATO set up. With this wide open space I lose a lot of water each day.

That's good news:) I have a tunze nano ato, I love it!

Spiderguardnano

That's good news:) I have a tunze nano ato, I love it!

Are you guys both using the tunze 3152???

If so do you regret not getting the 3155?

Using the 3155. Just set it up. I'm just going to leave my power strip on top, everything is getting tugged in different directions making it difficult to get it up on the side of the tank

001_zps427b7a00.jpg

tank looks GREAT. love how you placed all the nems.

Thanks Ninja.

I don't regret it, mines on a 9 gallon and does just fine, plus it has an auto cutoff after a minute and a half i believe, so It wont ever overflow

And my guy is just slightly smaller than that pic. They go on the sand and rarely on walls because of being too heavy also. They're like a large nassarius, stir when they smell food. I may have to start supplementing him, as they're scavengers.

BABYLONIA SPIRATA!!

Mine is pretty big (like 2 inches?) but he still manages to climb up the sides of the glass. He'll actually start going out of the water... and then gravity will make him fall and go crashing down into the sand. I've actually seen pictures here on nano reef o someone who feeds theirs from outside the tank, and they'll actually extend their mouths wayyy outside the tank to get food

BABYLONIA SPIRATA!!

Mine is pretty big (like 2 inches?) but he still manages to climb up the sides of the glass. He'll actually start going out of the water... and then gravity will make him fall and go crashing down into the sand. I've actually seen pictures here on nano reef o someone who feeds theirs from outside the tank, and they'll actually extend their mouths wayyy outside the tank to get food

Wow that IS big. Mine gets about halfway- gravity starts working, and he turns around and goes back down then about an inch or two away from the bottom he just drops, must be his weight. I think I saw the video you're speaking of. It was cool.

Oh, forgot to mention, I have pods. I wonder if rock flowers nems eat pods. I thought I heard someone mention it before.

Cute picture!!!!

Do you have the Sep/Oct 2012 issue of Coral Magazine? There is a whole section on Rock anemones and it says in there to feed them every day to get them to reproduce.

Cute picture!!!!

Do you have the Sep/Oct 2012 issue of Coral Magazine? There is a whole section on Rock anemones and it says in there to feed them every day to get them to reproduce.

Yep, I special ordered it several mos back when it was time to reorder the regular prescription. I need to contact them because my regular issues stopped even though I made payment to renew. Right now I'm going like 2 days straight, then I skip a day- I know nothing's going to happen til I can get these guys all to like 3 inches. I need to order some mysis. I'm out. And by a few scallops and chop 'em up. I have some frozen shrimp but they've been so/so about those.

I've been feeding mine hikari marine S pellets. They gobble them up hungrily and have been showing good growth with those pellets. My sun corals enjoy them too!

Nanofreak79

New wall art is super cool behind the tank, it fits well. Holy nems! You'll have that thing full in no time. I love my tunze ato's, you'll be happy with yours I'm sure. It's crazy how much evap I have on my tank too. I fill my reservoir way more than I did before.

New wall art is super cool behind the tank, it fits well. Holy nems! You'll have that thing full in no time. I love my tunze ato's, you'll be happy with yours I'm sure. It's crazy how much evap I have on my tank too. I fill my reservoir way more than I did before.

Ha! Aren't you the one that sent me a link to one on Amazon? I went to Wallmonkeys.com That is one cool site. Very reasonable- but because I had the thought after the tank was up I didn't have any good way to peel and stick it on the wall so I just bought a poster frame and had to cut 4 inches to make it 20 x 24- nobody makes a 24 x 24.

Update. Have diatoms and just more of that algae and it's also growing on the sand too. ATO good, temp good. I'll check nitrates later today. I'm now going for a nap. I watched The Hobbit last night at 10:50 - 1:45, went to bed and I was too awake. Saw my cell last at 5:41 so know I only got like 30 mins of sleep and you know I was tired if I dreamt at that time- what about? Warriors in the movie and chocolate cherry cake that I'll being making for my work pals this week.

You have some beautiful nems! I've always wanted to try some rock nems, but can they pose a threat to small gobies, like eating them?

You have some beautiful nems! I've always wanted to try some rock nems, but can they pose a threat to small gobies, like eating them?

Nope, I have a yellow clown goby that sits on everything from acans to duncans to hairy mushrooms and they just somehow know not to touch them. Tailspot also never goes near them. They just know not to go near. Now maxi min anemones, those would gladly wrap around a fish. These guys are really harmless. You don't need gloves or anything to touch them, move them, nothing. Now, if a fish was sick and floated into one, yeah, it then might take him in but only if it touches the tentacles.

I look forward to seeing these breed for you, I love rfa's

I did what your directions say on your signature. I wrote you a note on your thread. I look forward to that too! I had one nem that had a baby in my 34, I cut back on some of they phytofeast and the oysterfeast and mama was covering the little one that it stopped it from growing- it was at one point 4 mm, it's now back to like 2. It takes some doing to get those little ones fed and he's so small I don't dare move him. If mama wouldn't cover the light. Then I'd try to feed and her tentacles would wrap beneath her and she'd take it from the baby. This'll be interesting alright but you know what???? I'm in no rush. I have all the time in the world. I just want to see the process and enjoy it more than I want to see about selling them. I have 2 lfs that have no rock flowers ever.

I decided that since these rock flowers are in the Caribbean I want to stick w/ a few Caribbean fish. Would 3 blue chromis be ok with a black cap basslet or do something like a blue cherub w/ the basslet? I wanna have a little something in there, ya know, a fish nitrate?

I don't want to go w/ a sand sifter because I don't need one sifting and maybe uprooting a baby. I also have pods for a fish to eat. And if I don't get something to eat them they'll multiply. So, then I wonder if I should go w/ a wrasse. decisions, decision, decisions.

I'm not going to do anything until the nems are established, not until every single one has his foot planted. I'll be doing a water change on Sat or Sun. First one Didn't see the reason to do one before because there wasn't anything in the tank yet to eat up elements and the nitrate was zero the day I put the nems in.

Archived