SaltCritters.com

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

I like the purple splotch on it

It actually has two. The second one is closer to the mouth and they are way more noticeable in person.

• Like 1

It actually has two. The second one is closer to the mouth and they are way more noticeable in person.

My maroon one has a green splotch on it and when it was younger it looked like an N for NR.

I don't know about you but I'd love more w/ streaks. Do you have one's with streaking? If so I want to see!!!

031_zpsc8320a04.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know about you but I'd love more w/ streaks. Do you have one's with streaking? If so I want to see!!!

I have this one but am not sure if this is what you are taking about.
  • Like 4

I have this one but am not sure if this what you are talking about.

20150307_1433092.jpg

and this one.....

IMG_021922.jpg

Like my orange one up there w/ the purple streaks. But those are another variant I love!!! I think these are often prettier than the 3 color ones that are more expensive.

yes! i'd love to have a stripey one.

it's what i've been pining for. they've never

shown up at ASD since they've had the one batch. :(

i'm happy for my ultra nem but want a stripey! :D

• Like 1

It's lunch time and I'd really like a nap. My new calming technique is to imagine I'm a fish swimming around in the perfect reef tank (no predators to worry of, food whenever I need it, ideal parameters).

And then I thought about RFA's and how puffy, and snuggly they look - like a pillow and blanket all in one. Hopefully they wouldn't hypothetically eat me is I was a fish, but they look like wonderfully comfortable fish beds, no?

Maybe it's just me being loopy and wanting that nap...

• Like 3

It's lunch time and I'd really like a nap. My new calming technique is to imagine I'm a fish swimming around in the perfect reef tank (no predators to worry of, food whenever I need it, ideal parameters).

And then I thought about RFA's and how puffy, and snuggly they look - like a pillow and blanket all in one. Hopefully they wouldn't hypothetically eat me is I was a fish, but they look like wonderfully comfortable fish beds, no?

Maybe it's just me being loopy and wanting that nap...

:lol:

That would be a wonderful nap. Maybe it'd be in a whimsical place like this. Negative mode on my Samsung3. Phew! that's some bad cyano!. In actuality it is getting better but I thought it looked cool.

• Like 2

Just put my new RFA in the tank on a slanted rock. It's foot was fairly flat and looked good.. I came back about 15 min later to find him on the sand at the base of the rock on his side..His foot is now protruding from his body by about at least a half inch making it impossible to place him on his foot because he just rolls back onto his side..

Is this normal and should i try to place him back on the rock or should i try to bury his foot in the sand so he will stay upright or should i just leave him alone?

20150310_134953_zpsnxnbsfnd.jpg

5dd1d518-516d-41c2-bc98-9fab7c253709_zps

Just put my new RFA in the tank on a slanted rock. It's foot was fairly flat and looked good.. I came back about 15 min later to find him on the sand at the base of the rock on his side..His foot is now protruding from his body by about at least a half inch making it impossible to place him on his foot because he just rolls back onto his side..

Is this normal and should i try to place him back on the rock or should i try to bury his foot in the sand so he will stay upright or should i just leave him alone?

20150310_134953_zpsnxnbsfnd.jpg

5dd1d518-516d-41c2-bc98-9fab7c253709_zps

Try to put its foot close to a crevice or hole. It will be happier and most likely will stay put if it can bury its foot in that crevice/hole. You can also place it on the sand but put some small rocks around it so it feels safe and protected. Oh, and turn the pumps for a little while if you can until it attaches.

Yeah, I'd leave it alone. He's probably protruding his foot out as he's trying to place it in the sand to set himself down. I have many that love it half on the rock, half on the sand. It's a pretty one. And it's a wonderful picture at that.

• Like 1

All day today it looked like she was going to attach herself to the lower area of the rock as in the previous pics but then tonight (after the lights went out) she dropped back onto her side and protruded her foot again as in this pic.

20150310_235910_zpsyqejpzni.jpg

I think i'll take FlowerMamas advice and just leave her alone until she finds her spot. This kind of reminds me of when my 1st wife and i used to go House shopping. I learned (or should have learned) at that time that you just can't tell a woman where she ought to live.

• Like 1

All day today it looked like she was going to attach herself to the lower area of the rock as in the previous pics but then tonight (after the lights went out) she dropped back onto her side and protruded her foot again as in this pic.

20150310_235910_zpsyqejpzni.jpg

I think i'll take FlowerMamas advice and just leave her alone until she finds her spot. This kind of reminds me of when my 1st wife and i used to go House shopping. I learned (or should have learned) at that time that you just can't tell a woman where she ought to live.

looks fine to me! she's just settling in.

congrats! she's beautiful!!

VIP Reef posted new nems tonight. I was about to pull the trigger on this one, but when I hit the "add to shopping cart" button it was sold. :(

IMG_0493__46535.1426290736.1280.1280.jpg

ASD will be having a sale tomorrow online

and i went today and they got in an AMAZING batch

of RFA. i finally picked up a pinstriped one for myself.

(on my thread, but not a super great foto--it's still

adjusting.)

the first nem listed is stunning.

http://www.sdreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?117194-ASD-Update-amp-SALE-3-14-15-Saturday-5-00-PM-PST-(8-00-PM-EST)&p=925521

it's been *months* since they had any RFA in stock.

and i feel so lucky i went in and saw them, and got

to choose my favorite. :happydance:

VIP Reef posted new nems tonight. I was about to pull the trigger on this one, but when I hit the "add to shopping cart" button it was sold. :(

IMG_0493__46535.1426290736.1280.1280.jpg

i saw ASD's current stock with own eyes today.

they are gorgeous!

ASD will be having a sale tomorrow online

and i went today and they got in an AMAZING batch

of RFA. i finally picked up a pinstriped one for myself.

(on my thread, but not a super great foto--it's still

adjusting.)

Great! I've bought from ASD in the past -- I have a beautiful Discosoma neglecta from them. I'll have to keep an eye on their sale tonight!

• Like 1

here's my beautiful pink skirted pinstripe nem!

ASD has another one for sale today! :D

i saw this listed at VIP for $120. ASD will be

selling at $100 (i believe!).

she is a good size. easily two inches right now

and i don't think "fully" open either.

the stock really is gorgeous for this shipment they

got. i had a hard time choosing. but i always wanted

a pinstripe, and i love the pink! i don't like wearing pink

so much, or buying pink things--but for my corals. ha!

pinknem2.jpg

Great! I've bought from ASD in the past -- I have a beautiful Discosoma neglecta from them. I'll have to keep an eye on their sale tonight!

*definitely* worth checking out. ASD is great!

• Like 1
jamescstein

ASD will be having a sale tomorrow online and i went today and they got in an AMAZING batch of RFA.

I bought way to much stuff from ASD's sale but not as much as I wanted to. Those RFA's went quick.. thanks for that ;)

I only managed to snag the Yellow Face RFA. I was too indecisive on the other ones and thus too late. Got some nice Zoa's and a avelo and other things for my wife.

• Like 1

I bought way to much stuff from ASD's sale but not as much as I wanted to. Those RFA's went quick.. thanks for that ;)

I only managed to snag the Yellow Face RFA. I was too indecisive on the other ones and thus too late. Got some nice Zoa's and a avelo and other things for my wife.

YAY! that's a pretty one.

i might have gotten my fourth choice. haha!

i'm still very happy with it. i figured, it'll be fate.

if i can get another i like, i will. and i did! :D

can't wait to see yours in your tank.

and ASD is fantastic! great stock, good sale prices,

and also good service!

Good job! That was my favorite one that they had in the sale. I very nearly pulled the trigger on it. (But, like with the two face, I probably would have been too slow!)

• Like 2

i didn't see the other pink zebra post at all?

i think someone must have gone in and bought it

before the online sale. my favorite trick--if i get lucky. ha!

here's another shot from today.

pinknemsexie.jpg

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks pinned this topic