Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Steensj's IM Nuvo 16( Equilibrium Reached)

Steensj2004

Love your new corals!

We were fishing yesterday at a friends place, and when he pulled up the crab pot there must have been a thousand little critters running around....took a picture, apparently amphipods get bigger than I thought! Couldn't believe I got to see some straight from the wild, look just like the ones running around our tanks!

This is Bathynomus giganteus, the Giant Isopod, next to a kitten for scale.

29857665851682c26e5c90.jpg

Yeah, what has been seen cannot be unseen! :eek:

I can't wait for you to get some airstones and an airpump to see how that skimmer works out for you.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

Love your new corals!

This is Bathynomus giganteus, the Giant Isopod, next to a kitten for scale.

29857665851682c26e5c90.jpg

Yeah, what has been seen cannot be unseen! :eek:

I can't wait for you to get some airstones and an airpump to see how that skimmer works out for you.

Thanks!I hope I can get the foam high enough for the outlet. Going to likely run a dual pump with dual air stones, I'll used air valves to control the output.

Thanks!I hope I can get the foam high enough for the outlet. Going to likely run a dual outlet pump with dual air stones, I'll used air valves to control the output.

Steensj2004

Some peeeeshers... Nothing too new, but I decided to scratch the air stone skimmer and go for the Nano II skimmer from Aqua Euro. So if anyone needs some airstones I'll have some soon,lol. Here are some pics, lotsa stuff growing and sprouting new heads/ polyps..

.post-79843-0-94904100-1399502563_thumb.jpg

post-79843-0-45727900-1399502579_thumb.jpg

post-79843-0-05604600-1399502597_thumb.jpg

post-79843-0-84794200-1399502614_thumb.jpg

post-79843-0-75942100-1399502649_thumb.jpg

Steensj2004

Not a lot going on, again scratched the Aqua Euro Nano II skimmer and will be ordering a new Innovative Marine Ghost, desktop(made for the 16 gallon Nuvo) instead. Waiting for a reply on some questions from Marine Depot before I order. I lost my Rock Flower Nem :( , came back and opened up, but the sexies ran straight back and stressed it into mush....blah.

Here are some NEW ADDITIONS!

New Invert, Short Spine Urchin. Pretty purple spines, forget what the LFS called it. He is little bitty, not quite the size of a Quarter!

post-79843-0-93234800-1400015688_thumb.jpeg

Strawberry Shortcake Acro

post-79843-0-82748500-1400015700_thumb.jpeg

Orange Montipora Digitata

post-79843-0-45459600-1400015713_thumb.jpeg

Steensj2004

Anyone know how reef safe this urchin is, just now running across lots of people saying they eat corals?

Steensj2004

Pulled the trigger on the Innovative Marine Ghost ,"Desktop" version about 10 min ago. Hopefully the info on arrivals from Marine Depot reps are accurate. I have gotten several diffferent stories, hopefully it arrives before I leave on the 9th of June, as I will be gone for 2 months. Really want it up and running to help my Tank Sitter out and keep my perameters in check........ :blink:

Considered ordering from a different source but try and stay faithful to the same vendors, I like Marine Deopt. Only ever had one problem with them and they were super fast to fix it! Hope my preorder gets in with the first lot of skimmers to be sent out. I probably am 101 of the 100 they have to send out <_<

Marine Depot

Pulled the trigger on the Innovative Marine Ghost ,"Desktop" version about 10 min ago. Hopefully the info on arrivals from Marine Depot reps are accurate. I have gotten several diffferent stories, hopefully it arrives before I leave on the 9th of June, as I will be gone for 2 months. Really want it up and running to help my Tank Sitter out and keep my perameters in check........ :blink:

Considered ordering from a different source but try and stay faithful to the same vendors, I like Marine Deopt. Only ever had one problem with them and they were super fast to fix it! Hope my preorder gets in with the first lot of skimmers to be sent out. I probably am 101 of the 100 they have to send out <_<

Thank you very much for shopping with us! I just replied to you on a separate thread to explain why you received different ETAs, but I just wanted to chime in here to assure you you'll certainly have your Ghost skimmer before 6/9. We ordered enough quantity to fulfill all pre-orders thus far.

Steensj2004

Thank you very much for shopping with us! I just replied to you on a separate thread to explain why you received different ETAs, but I just wanted to chime in here to assure you you'll certainly have your Ghost skimmer before 6/9. We ordered enough quantity to fulfill all pre-orders thus far.

Good Ole Marine Depot, never let me down yet!!!

Steensj2004

New Fishies! Unfortunately, I swore I would never have a clown :rolleyes: .......the boss lady demanded one. so One baby for now, may take him back when her gets much larger. Right now he is small enough to fit on a nickel, cut little effer. :happy:

He isn't very photogenic,lol

post-79843-0-56705600-1400189264_thumb.jpeg

Also grabbed a Two Spot, suprisingly he is out and about more than the clown, go figure. :P Hopefully I can get some better pictures soon!

post-79843-0-60421700-1400189465_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-72169800-1400189484_thumb.jpeg

Albeit, I may be pushing my bioload, but I think I can keep up with it. New skimmer will be here in a few weeks and I will be adding bio-pellets soon as well.
I am about packed as it stands, by the time stuff grows out. I figure I can squeeze in the remaining zoas I want( Red, Blue, Purple, Black Hornets) at some point. These are easy to attach to the sides of rockwork.... LFS has the Blues, Reds, and Purples....gonna have to grab some up. I swear if this shiz was drugs I would be living on the streets broke and homeless...... :lol:

Steensj2004

Gots me some new corals! Helping a buddy build a new setup, so I went to the LFS and bought him a sump tank, as well as glass for baffles, silicone, and misc stuff to help him build it! Saw some frags of Blue and Purple Hornet zoas......bought em :P . 9 polyps on the blues and 8 on the purples, figured it was a great deal at 40.00 a frag. Not opened all much but took pics anyway.Hahah.

post-79843-0-09923200-1400364384_thumb.jpeg

post-79843-0-98409800-1400364391_thumb.jpeg

Steensj2004

Helping my buddy build a reef setup....Baffled a 20L for him last night, now I have the idea to change my setup. Considering buying a Mr. Aqua gallon, drilling it, adding a 20L sump. I am tired of not having a sump. Stuff was so much easier and cleaner with a sump. Equipment was easier to setup and maintain, and I just plain liked it better. Have some stuff in cart at Marine Depot right now....

Steensj2004

So need some help with my Blue and Purple Hornets.....they are still very closed up. One polyp of the blues opened up yesterday, but now it is closed back up. Nothing seems to be on them or bothering them....need some suggestions. I will be mad as hell if they crap out. Every other corals is open wide and happy....water perimeters are good........?

Not a lot going on, again scratched the Aqua Euro Nano II skimmer and will be ordering a new Innovative Marine Ghost, desktop(made for the 16 gallon Nuvo) instead. Waiting for a reply on some questions from Marine Depot before I order. I lost my Rock Flower Nem :( , came back and opened up, but the sexies ran straight back and stressed it into mush....blah.

Here are some NEW ADDITIONS!

New Invert, Short Spine Urchin. Pretty purple spines, forget what the LFS called it. He is little bitty, not quite the size of a Quarter!

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=139003'>image(123).jpeg

Strawberry Shortcake Acro

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=139004'>image(124).jpeg

Orange Montipora Digitata

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=139005'>image(125).jpeg

What LFS do you go to on that side of the water?

Steensj2004

The Reef Room.... If you go anywhere but Dale's, your ####ing wrong..... Seriously.

You want high end SPS( strawberry shortcake,red dragon, etc ) at the best price around and you aren't at The Reef Ro, you're wrong. Never lost a coral from him. Each system is independent and like a privately owned tank. Any problems don't go from tank to tank( not that he has problems). Top notch

The Reef Room.... If you go anywhere but Dale's, your ####ing wrong..... Seriously.

You want high end SPS( strawberry shortcake,red dragon, etc ) at the best price around and you aren't at The Reef Ro, you're wrong. Never lost a coral from him. Each system is independent and like a privately owned tank. Any problems don't go from tank to tank( not that he has problems). Top notch

I've never heard of that place. I'll definitely have to check it out. My go to place over here is Fish Safari. Been going there for years, and Leroy always treats me right.

Steensj2004

Leroy is good... But his prices and stock coral wise don't compare to dale in quality IMHO. At least in SPS and corals... Fish is another story....Dale doesn't keep a ton of fish, but he keeps good ones...scored my Mimic Blenny at a price nobody could touch, even online. If you make it out tell him Pete sent you!

Steensj2004

New corals, I really wish I had a better camera. The colors in these are so much nicer than I can get in pictures.

Blasto, there are about 4 Colors in this thing, in a starburst pattern....amazing.

post-79843-0-60690500-1400706358_thumb.jpeg

Purple with a Light Purple ring Zoas...unsure the name.

post-79843-0-51456100-1400706352_thumb.jpeg

Cannot hardly contain my excitement for this skimmer, comes friday!!!

New corals, I really wish I had a better camera. The colors in these are so much nicer than I can get in pictures.

Blasto, there are about 4 Colors in this thing, in a starburst pattern....amazing.

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=139263'>image(140).jpeg

Purple with a Light Purple ring Zoas...unsure the name.

attachicon.gifhttp://www.nano-reef.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=139262'>image(141).jpeg

Cannot hardly contain my excitement for this skimmer, comes friday!!!

Nice pickup on the corals! My skimmer is supposed to be delivered on Friday too.

Steensj2004
Nice pickup on the corals! My skimmer is supposed to be delivered on Friday too.

I am stoked for the skimmer, some meh reviews though on noise.....bah.Btw, Reef Room got some bad ass stuff in coral wise and is having a sale this weekend....

I am stoked for the skimmer, some meh reviews though on noise.....bah.Btw, Reef Room got some bad ass stuff in coral wise and is having a sale this weekend....

Nice! When I got home tonight, I noticed my hammer and my candy canes weren't looking so great, so I finally decided to go get a water test. It should be noted that this is the first and only water test I've had in 5 years. It turned out that everything was fine except my magnesium level. If I can get things looking good by this weekend, I plan on making the trip over to the reef room. I'm stoked o check it out since I've never been there.

Current readings:

Salinity 1.021

PH 7.8

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

Calcium 330

Alkalinity 8.4

Magnesium 1080

I was happy to see that my Nitrate and Nitrite levels were 0. Tells me that weekly 5 gallon water changes are doing me good!

Archived