Innovative Marine Aquariums

Steensj's IM Nuvo 16( Equilibrium Reached)

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

Holy cow, that 1st chalice is sickk, how much was the lfs asking for?

How are you liking the ghost Im skimmer?

Love the skimmer, it's a bit loud but I am going to ask for a different pump, other people don't seem to have that problem.

He had them on sale for 70.00 the other day....cheap as he'll for a chalice

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awe man, I went over there a bit ago, musts missed yah! Upload a picture!!!!!

Here ya go! Still not sure what it is but I love the looks of it!

post-84012-0-40843700-1401717792_thumb.jpg

Steensj2004

Here ya go! Still not sure what it is but I love the looks of it!

Thats the same Bonsai I got from him(but a larger piece than mine). I love it, cannot wait for it to grow out!

My reactor arrives today, still having second thought about running bio-pellets. After reading a lot more I see it is common for them to cause problems. I may start them anyway, but run 1/4 the suggested dose. If I change my mine I will run some other media in the reactor. concerned about salt spray/creep with the top exhaust for this reactor...we will see. Still strongly looking into getting something bigger and sumped...

Steensj2004

Welp, looks like I might consider downsizing some. It's a long story but as much as I still love this stuff I am just not happy with such a small tank. I am trying to make a large tank out of a small one and I think I will just wait till I can have a big tank again. I don't want to set one up in this condo as large as I want, and will likely be to buy a house soon anyway. I will likely set up a small pico cube and have some Zoas and stuff. I wish I could sell this thing as a whole unit....still up in the air...

Welp, looks like I might consider downsizing some. It's a long story but as much as I still love this stuff I am just not happy with such a small tank. I am trying to make a large tank out of a small one and I think I will just wait till I can have a big tank again. I don't want to set one up in this condo as large as I want, and will likely be to buy a house soon anyway. I will likely set up a small pico cube and have some Zoas and stuff. I wish I could sell this thing as a whole unit....still up in the air...

I hear you. We went with the 24 as our first tank thinking it was big enough to manage and not too big. All this after one of my good friends offered me his 100 gallon setup (that was dope) for 10 cents on the dollar. Now all I can think about is having a sump and 100+ gallons...

Steensj2004

I hear you. We went with the 24 as our first tank thinking it was big enough to manage and not too big. All this after one of my good friends offered me his 100 gallon setup (that was dope) for 10 cents on the dollar. Now all I can think about is having a sump and 100+ gallons...

Yeah, I just can't do it. I would be happier with a 5 gallon cube , a Par 38 bulb,some zoas and a goby. Fact is, It is driving me nuts. Problem being getting what it is worth....I did the math, it's a big number. Over 3k with everything. I have it posted locally, we will see. I just cannot downsize.... the 75 spoiled me with options and stability.

How unstable would you say the tank would get? I too used to have a 75 gallon with sump and now I'm looking at a 34 gallon AIO from Cad lights. I'm just wondering how much more trouble it will be comparatively.

Steensj2004

So I decided to keep this thing, so of course my LFS got some sweeties in today so I got a few. I need some help as well.... My ALK is about 9.5 and my calcium is at ~1460... My mag was suuuuuper low though?! Ph at 7.86 , nitrates nearly undetectable, no phosphates, and temp steady at 80.0. I am curious, sow of my SPS has been acting funny, could this be a magnesium issue? They hold color and poly extension but show tissue receding....confused. Anyway I dosed some mag to bring it up a hair, will test again later and see where it is at. I am sure I dosed much less than needed to get it corrected but figures slow is better than fast.

New acan, I'll upload others later

post-79843-0-62228400-1402701107_thumb.jpg

Some radioactive and watermelons

post-79843-0-74261300-1402719482_thumb.jpg

Regular purple tipped hammer

post-79843-0-77939000-1402719491_thumb.jpg

What I believe to a Candy Apple Red

post-79843-0-29270800-1402719501_thumb.jpg

Glad you are back and congrats on the nice pickups! Our LFS is having a 15% off all coral plus buy 2 get 1 free so we are likely to come home with some new corals today.

Steensj2004

Took some SPS to my LFS. Some of my SPS is doing killer and a few others aren't....needless to say he have me some store credz so since I have some new space picked up a Gorgonian and another nice acan. Will post some pics in a bit. I'm become quite the LPS whore. Lol

Steensj2004

Lol, i did this post already.... On team IM's thread by accident. Lol!! Delete it and moved it here.

New Acan, nearly black background with about 4 colors, very different.

post-79843-0-73351100-1402884936_thumb.jpg

Non-photosynthetic, purple Gorgonian... He glued multiple pieces on the frag for me. A crab was on it so it closed up....

post-79843-0-54218600-1402884951_thumb.jpg

FTS, hard to get a good pic with my iPhone.... Need a good camera,lol

post-79843-0-21022500-1402884977_thumb.jpg

Steensj2004

I need help with my ph.... Rides at like 7.7 all day, and it is killing me. I feel stuff will do much better in my tank if I get the PH up some. Returns are pointed at the surface, skimmer running... Still low as heck. I do t wanna buffer as my all is already a little high at 10..... Help...

Steensj2004
How unstable would you say the tank would get? I too used to have a 75 gallon with sump and now I'm looking at a 34 gallon AIO from Cad lights. I'm just wondering how much more trouble it will be comparatively.

I suppose it's all subjective. I would guess the larger tank was 1/4 the hassle for me. Donno what it is but I hate the AIO for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...
Steensj2004

Testing the waters to see if anyone is interested. Pre-ordered the new Radion XR15w, so I will be selling my Nano box duo. I am an Ecotech guy through and through, like my Duo, but want the features from the Radion. Will be asking 400.00 shipped. Let me know!

Steensj2004

Well, I posted some pictures before from my phone, and they came out all screwy. Here are some better ones.

Toxic Waste Favia, really amazing green

post-79843-0-17811000-1404338652_thumb.jpeg

Green and Purple Leptesrea, I had to have it, the colors are very different

post-79843-0-55973800-1404338662_thumb.jpeg

A three color Blasto, never seen one like this. The rim, center, and the tentacles are all different colors.

post-79843-0-93487500-1404338670_thumb.jpeg

All three for only 60.00!

Pre-ordered the New Radion Light, still looking for someone interested in my Nano Box Duo.....

Steensj2004

Well, the LFS was still rocking the killer sale when I went to get water today... Bought more, lmao

Green Acro with Pink Tips

post-79843-0-81081900-1404621122_thumb.jpg

Blue Acro

post-79843-0-56889000-1404621239_thumb.jpg

Purple Zoas with Green Skirt and Orange Center

post-79843-0-83282600-1404621215_thumb.jpg

Screaming Green Birdsnest

post-79843-0-54896900-1404621228_thumb.jpg

All in all I bought 4 frags today and three last Thursday, for a total of under 150.00, not to shabby....

lilmatty5dimes

awesome video. finally got to finish your thread. you've got an awesome coral collections those acans are sweet and your sps are sick. what did you finally end up with as far as filtration. i just got a killer deal on one and like you can't decide on what to do in the back. do i get intank basket, reactor, skimmer, or just water changes. lol some many choices. glad your keeping the tank and keep the pictures rolling.

Steensj2004

awesome video. finally got to finish your thread. you've got an awesome coral collections those acans are sweet and your sps are sick. what did you finally end up with as far as filtration. i just got a killer deal on one and like you can't decide on what to do in the back. do i get intank basket, reactor, skimmer, or just water changes. lol some many choices. glad your keeping the tank and keep the pictures rolling.

Thanks for the compliments! I ended up going with the Intank media baskets. I originally had the Intank media and fuge

Baskets, but removed the fugue basket as the water movement was slow and it ended up being a nutrient trap. I now keep two Intank media baskets with filter floss and ChemiPure. I would love to have an IM mini reactor and run my media inside that, but that would only leave my media baskets only for filter floss. I am also running the Ghost skimmer from IM, not the best skimmer in the world but compared to the other nanos I've tried it is awesome. I know lots of people have a fuge, but I saw few benefits and lots of negatives. The fuge light on an alternate cycle from my display light kept PH up at night slightly, and some pods may have been breeding inside the chaeto..... I was doing 3-4 gallon water changes weekly, but now do only 3 gallons a week and my levels stay great( I do have to dose).

lilmatty5dimes

awesome. thanks for the reply. i think i'm going to try and upgrade the media baskets to the IM custom caddy. although the intank just have that sexy appeal where you've got to have them. lol i was going to fill it up with floss and not sure about any other media. i had a 7.5g that did great with gac and gfo might go with that again and see how it does. not going to be getting any sps cause i let a local reefer borrow my mh/t5 fixture which is what i'm going to be putting on. i'll hold off on the skimmer and try my hardest to do water changes. lol

Steensj2004

Welp, my new Radion XR15w and reef link should be here in a few days. I found out that I can integrate a DropCam brand camera in with my reef link and view my tank remotely 24/7... Still looking into the details as there is very little online or in forums about the reef link let alone the DropCam. There are several versions of the Dropcam( pro and non pro), unsure if both work. Price ranges from 150-200.00... Love to hear from someone who might know anything about this.

Archived