ReefCleaners.org

Steensj's IM Nuvo 16( Equilibrium Reached)

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

I swear I am watching my sexies eat my Acans right now... <_< little mother effers....explains the damage to the acans..

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear I am watching my sexies eat my Acans right now... <_< little mother effers....explains the damage to the acans..

Yikes. Time to get rid of the sexies?

Steensj2004
Yikes. Time to get rid of the sexies?

Yeah, it's my expensive rainbow too.... Ima smash that little mother effer..... Also looks like I bleached a few things. Apparently 100% on the Radion is more than 100% on the Duo. Turned it down, thought I did initially but I never saved the settings. Move stuff around and turned down the light into acclimation mode

lilmatty5dimes

good bye sexies. lol i would turn the radions down to like 25% then grow over time until you like the color. hope you didn't/don't lose anything.

Steensj2004

Gah, between the new light making some stuff bleach, and something eating my damn corals I'm having a rough time. On Acan missing a head, my purple and green leptostrea dying.... Gah. my levels are on point too....

Calcium-430

Magnesium-1350

Alkalinity-8.6

Nitrates-5ish

PH-8.2

Salinity-1.024

I am super pissed.....?

Steensj2004

I take back the above comment. I have zero idea where the flesh on my ####ing corals. Levels are as follow

PH- 8.2

NO3- 5ppm

Phosphates- Barely detectable

Calcium-430ppm

Magnesium- 1325ppm

Alkalinity-8.6

Temp 80.0 F

I have Acans melting and SPS losing color and bleaching, freaking brand new coral already has white bare skeleton showing. I was watching my Sexy Shrimp pick at it 20 minutes ago. Do these things eat coral or not?! I can't catch the damn things. My shit should be doing great, I have no freaking idea what to do. I've lost one Acan and the other has already started to lose tissue quickly. The sexies are all over it all the time. I have no friggin idea WTF is going on. I am about to lose it.....

Steensj2004

My LFS Runs his at 100%, What doesn't make sense is I have several pieces of SPS that are just fine. The others were losing color before the light switch. Same with the Acans. The light was at 100 for a day maybe. My Frogspawn is smack dab in t he center under the Radion, I am surprised it didn't have a problem too?

I could see how the light could have made things worse. But I would think it would have been worse all the way around. A lot of the issue started before the light change.... I am so frustrated. After working so hard to keep water levels on point, its exhausting to have this going on.

Steensj2004

oh man sorry to hear the bad news. hopefully everything will recover for ya.

Thanks man,

I know I hate this small tank. I hate not having a sump, or the water volume. I would upgrade tomorrow but I might be moving for a new job and if I don't move Ill be buying a house. I definitely don't wanna move a big tank, and the size tank I want won't work in a second story condo. :(

We lost a brand new favia within 5 days of getting it due to bacterial infection. Our beloved plate coral slowly died from it as well. Not sure if it could be something like that. Our acans, palys, zoas, etc. haven't missed a beat though so likely not?. I know how bummed we were to lose the plate coral so I can only imagine how you are feeling especially since you are ready to ditch that tank. Hang in there!

nismo_sky32

I have lost quite a few zoas since adding my you upgraded lighting and that was slowly ramping up the nanobox tide to 60%. Hope you can get everything worked out and back to how it was

Steensj2004

I think I've figured out my issues. My last light didn't have UV, I turned UV waaaay down, and everything perked right up. We shall see what happens...

Cameron6796

Pea ably like a really pale person going into a high uv index day with no sunscreen. You will hopefully be able to bring that up slowly in a while as it gives nice colours

Steensj2004
Pea ably like a really pale person going into a high uv index day with no sunscreen. You will hopefully be able to bring that up slowly in a while as it gives nice colours

Right, all tees corals we're under UV at the LFS. However, they were under the Duo with no UV of a long time.... Even the ACANS are showing recovery already.

Steensj2004

Stuff seemed to level out. Did some major rescaping, also picked up a few new corals( these were only under Radions) big Birdsnest and Another SPS, Sour AppleI believe...

post-79843-0-13985900-1406681969_thumb.jpg

post-79843-0-52636000-1406681983_thumb.jpg

As always man, your tank looks great. I know you hate how small it is, but for what it is, it's hard to come by something that looks as good :) I like the xr15, looks like a solid light - makes me want to get a nuvo nano 10 to go along with my 30..... hahaha

Steensj2004
As always man, your tank looks great. I know you hate how small it is, but for what it is, it's hard to come by something that looks as good :) I like the xr15, looks like a solid light - makes me want to get a nuvo nano 10 to go along with my 30..... hahaha

Thanks for the kind words! I love this light. Dave makes good lights, but the interface and controllability is so nice with Ecotech stuff, especially with the reef link. Thinking about that Fusion 20.....

• 1 month later...

Nice work!

I've also purchased a Radion xr15w for my nuvo 16, was wondering if you could share your current settings for it? Are you running artificial or one of the preset options?

Thanks!

Everything was sold due to job move. Currently planning an upgrade to something in the 100 gallon range as soon as we buy a house( hopefully in the nex two moths or so). Already have all the equipment and stuff in cart at various retailers...hehe

I would be very careful, I know Dave makes a good ligth but my XRw15 fried some stuff. I tried to guess the setting on my Radion that would match My Duo, and crucified some stuff. Possibly the UV made the issue worse. I suggest starting very low at around 40%( depending on what light you are currently running) and using the acclimation mode over a 1-2 week period.

Nice work!

I've also purchased a Radion xr15w for my nuvo 16, was wondering if you could share your current settings for it? Are you running artificial or one of the preset options?

Thanks!

Archived