SaltCritters.com

SquishyFishy's BioCube Planet

SquishyFishy

SquishyFishy

Hi there hows the rock flower garden? Hey Gena! Light coming next week I think he's working on it...better hurry...i have needs!

Didn't see your post until just now, coming on to show off my first ever nem! Waiting to name it to see whether it is a Witchipoo or Sweetie Pie! He seems to love it right where I put him, hasn't moved yet and looks like he's settling in:

20140527_124109-XL.jpg

Ok full tank...don't know how to update the first tank shot so here's one from today:

20140527_124912-XL.jpg

Am having a little trouble with coraline...can't seem to get it to stick. It was doing O.K,. and then we did a cruise and when I got back the purple had faded to almost nothing...did a WC...LFS said they aren't stocking Purple Up just a gimmick. What do you think, feeding PhotoPlankton and dosing with Kent Essentials so he said that was enough. Thought I might start a drip Kalk doser, any suggestions. I'd love my rock to be all purple and petty!

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there hows the rock flower garden? Hey Gena! Light coming next week I think he's working on it...better hurry...i have needs!

Didn't see your post until just now, coming on to show off my first ever nem! Waiting to name it to see whether it is a Witchipoo or Sweetie Pie! He seems to love it right where I put him, hasn't moved yet and looks like he's settling in:

20140527_124109-XL.jpg

Ok full tank...don't know how to update the first tank shot so here's one from today:

20140527_124912-XL.jpg

Am having a little trouble with coraline...can't seem to get it to stick. It was doing O.K,. and then we did a cruise and when I got back the purple had faded to almost nothing...did a WC...LFS said they aren't stocking Purple Up just a gimmick. What do you think, feeding PhotoPlankton and dosing with Kent Essentials so he said that was enough. Thought I might start a drip Kalk doser, any suggestions. I'd love my rock to be all purple and petty!

Very cool!!!! I'm getting a nanobox too omgomgomg

*You're* omgomgomg

inb4Lawman

:P

:flower:

Very cool!!!! I'm getting a nanobox too omgomgomg

:P

:flower:

Me too! Black on Black Duo with new Bluefish controller.

And... :flower:

SquishyFishy

Well be sure and post what the difference is in the controllers...I take it the Bluefish is for people who want to use their phone to control, correct?

The nem hasn't moved...we'll see if I find him in the same spot come morning.... :rolleyes:

FlowerMama

For me, coraline growth was slow with Reef Crystals but immediate when I started using Red Sea Coral Pro salt. I've gone back to Reef Crystals because in a very short time the Hydor Koralia pump in my Evolve 8 has become completely encrusted, it has slowed it down. I'm going to get out some vinegar and let it go for a dunk and swim overnight and hopefully that will have helped. I heard the best way to make more is scrape some off into a cup and put it in the blender w/ saltwater and let it go for a whirl and dump it back in your tank and it'll supposedly start growing everywhere.

SquishyFishy

Ha I wish I had something to scrape!!!!!!!!

I have only used the Coral Pro. I had a small rubble rock that I had from the LFS right from the start that is still covered and its been in the tank to seed it, but it's not working too well now. I moved it around to different spots on the rocks thinking it was going to affect them. and they were there too but after last week, they just faded away.

Tonight I was trying to squash those annoying little white snails, they are everywhere!!! And I pinched the nem when I slightly moved the rock he's on. He reacted immediately, kinda opened up but after a while he hunched down again. Everything was asleep...hope I just shocked him a little, don't want him to move or split either! :o

FlowerMama

I'd leave the little guys. They're harmless and the best cleaners since they can only get into the smallest crevices inside the tunnels in the rock.

SquishyFishy

I guess he wasn't too spooked yesterday, he's still in the same spot and I fed him some OVA and Mysis, he likes it!

SquishyFishy

My nem has started moving...sliding down the back side of the rock...I moved a big piece so that he could get down. He was all bubbled up this morning but this afternoon...started spewing forth something brown and stringy...hope its poo. I have only fed him one or two very small frozen mysis.

While posting on the invert thread, the brown stuff floated off somewhere

My nem has started moving...sliding down the back side of the rock...I moved a big piece so that he could get down. He was all bubbled up this morning but this afternoon...started spewing forth something brown and stringy...hope its poo. I have only fed him one or two very small frozen mysis.

While posting on the invert thread, the brown stuff floated off somewhere

Our anemones are on the same schedule. Mine pooped yesterday too :lol:. I think we got ours at the same time too :).
FlowerMama

Our anemones are on the same schedule. Mine pooped yesterday too :lol:. I think we got ours at the same time too :).

Wow, there's nothing more special than synched poopings!!!

SquishyFishy

I guess he likes the spot he's in because he quit moving down the back, so I put the big rock back. Now he alternates between being itsy bitsy size of a quarter and hunkering down in the crevice and then a few minutes later puffing way up to the size you see above. But I think he's going to stay there. Probably because of the light. Can't wait until the box comes!

I am thinking about some of those candy canes like you have Gena and a neon green flower nem like yours 1st! What is your name anyways...I can't keep calling you 1st.

FlowerMama

I guess he likes the spot he's in because he quit moving down the back, so I put the big rock back. Now he alternates between being itsy bitsy size of a quarter and hunkering down in the crevice and then a few minutes later puffing way up to the size you see above. But I think he's going to stay there. Probably because of the light. Can't wait until the box comes!

I am thinking about some of those candy canes like you have Gena and a neon green flower nem like yours 1st! What is your name anyways...I can't keep calling you 1st.

Annette. I wished I still had 3 heads of green candy cane but it fell into the acan and it just completely killed the head while I was at work, just ate it like acid. Hopefully later I'll have another head on it. I've never had them before so we'll see. Glad your guy found a spot.

Candy canes are awesome. I've always been a big fan of them.
FlowerMama

Candy canes are awesome. I've always been a big fan of them.

Since I don't know how they grow, will one grow back in the place of the one that died? or just a different spot off of one that's already living?

Since I don't know how they grow, will one grow back in the place of the one that died? or just a different spot off of one that's already living?

Only if there is some tissue left. They basically grow by splitting. One head will get larger and then split into two, etc.
FlowerMama

oh well, there wasn't any, and I assume if there was any in the skeleton by now maybe I'd see something.

SquishyFishy

Just ordered a bunch of coral from Reef Gardner...turquoise trumpets, couple ricordia and Ultra Blue Layercake photosynthetic sponge, she says its easy to grow~!

My little BTA is lovin it where he is. He's never moved! and he's always puffed up so I guess I lucked out with him!

SquishyFishy

Its here,,,,we had to wait to put it together and install it until this morning. Can't wait!

Archived