Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SquishyFishy's BioCube Planet

SquishyFishy

SquishyFishy

005-XL.jpg

Trust me, this is not purple, it is a nasty rust color.

Here's another with more white light on it: But it is not this purple in reality. Wish I could get the pic right.

006-XL.jpg

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SquishyFishy

OMG its always something.....I've been noticing what I thought was red algae, turns out its.......FLAT WORMS! And...they must breed/hatch exponentially! :o

So now I gotta order a blue velvet Nudi! Another $50 expense to help curb another pest! When does it ever end???????????????

There go my plans for my Blastomussa

OMG its always something.....I've been noticing what I thought was red algae, turns out its.......FLAT WORMS! And...they must breed/hatch exponentially! :o

So now I gotta order a blue velvet Nudi! Another $50 expense to help curb another pest! When does it ever end???????????????

There go my plans for my Blastomussa

Have you tried flatworm exit? I had planaria. Upping my flow and reducing feedings to every other day killed the majority of the problem.

SquishyFishy

Still have the clowns Annette. Don't want to use Exit just yet. I blew the suckers all over the tank and MANY were sucked into the filter floss which I then changed out. Don't see as many. Had the lights off all day yesterday but the leather got really peeved! Bent over, at least his polyps are extended.

Cut down on all food, just a pinch of Thera for the Clowns, no reef food. I think that is probably the main problem. Everybody LOVES the Reef Frenzy but about the time I started that once a week is when that brown stuff started. Now the worms. I have a blue velvet nudi coming along with a Duncan since I needed a larger order to get the shipping price down. So tomorrow we'll see. I watched several YouTubes on the Nudis, they are very pretty anyways.

Crap, I had known that I coulda bought one from you. I just got one in the mail today. It's like 1.5" right now. Don't know enough about them to know.

SquishyFishy

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm waiting for the Invert forum to respond on my question about having 2 in the same tank. I wouldn't mind that but don't know if one or the other will just go hide! I was planning on getting some anemone shrimp or crab...but I spent all my bucks on the blue velvet nudi and the Duncan. Any more occupants will have to wait for Christmas!

I need the nudi NOW....flat worms crawling out of the rock like mad! He should be here tomorrow

I've never had problem with brown stuff and using LRS reef frenzy. Odd. But I do get the brown stuff if I put too much Seachem Fuel or even the correct amt but too often.

Woohoo, the knobby is regenerating his arm...sorry this is so blurry but you can clearly see the little nib he's got going:

on the center left there:

star-X2.jpg

This is the guy I got several weeks ago that lost an arm to some wasting bacteria. The Invertebrate board recommended I get him out and euthanize him or he would foul the tank. Thank God I listened to my gut and gave him a chance. He seems fine now. :D

This is the guy I got several weeks ago that lost an arm to some wasting bacteria. The Invertebrate board recommended I get him out and euthanize him or he would foul the tank. Thank God I listened to my gut and gave him a chance. He seems fine now. :D

glad you did.

So next on the problem list.

I see there are some amphipods that have grown into huge versions! One I saw scampering around this morning is as big as my new sexy shrimp!! Are these dangerous to any of my corals????

Mine did eat my miami vice zoas and a couple people eaters, they loved anything from aqua scapers, but no, they didn't touch any other zoas. Weird. I got a 6line and then that stopped and he had a big belly.

You think a yellow tail blue damsel would eat them? I'm getting a baby this week. Since no other fish but the clowns I think it'll be o.k. to have a DAMN sel in there! LOL. And that will give me some color. He should stay front and center pretty good.

The new Duncan is settling in so well, he is developing 2 new heads...making 4 for him. I moved things around and everybody seems happier with the new arrangement. I love love love my Sexies! They are so cute. Got 4 but one was so teensy I think a crab ate him. Can't find but the 3 now. They are so much fun! Treated the flatworms with X and it worked but had to do a redo today cuz they are coming back. Nothing seemed to suffer so I guess it's fine. My LFS guy discouraged me from getting the Blue Velvet slug...he says he's tried to carry them but they die the very next day. So I guess I'll nix that. It was between getting the 6 line or another wrass or the damsel and since the damsel was only $8 I think I'll go cheap. He had a baby Coral Beauty that he said would do fine in my small tank, and they are gorgeous but the damsel is so much more bright.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest FTS. I have another problem. The new Duncan in the rock at the lower right is either melting or being consumed by something. Haven't seen anything nibbling but its lower skirt tents are gone and the other newer heads that were developing are almost gone. skeleton on one and just a few stunted tents on the other. What do you think could be happening.....the new damsel settled in well and doesn't seem to be feuding with anything, do they eat coral??? I thought they were completely safe. Do have some large Amphipods...plan on getting a 6 line to help with those.

IMG_0162-X3.jpg

reefernanoman
Hot Damn...came home today and I have not one but two, count em 2 RBTAs! Wahoo!

Anything I need to do?

Nemsplit-XL.jpg

I like them RBTA'S that you got there. Split cool !

There is a blue mushroom right under the Duncan, could it be stinging it? Click on the pic and it will enlarge so you can see the Duncan right above the shroom. This photo is from 2 weeks ago. The Duncan has withered since then. But the Shroom is almost touching it most days.

Archived