Cultivated Reef

SquishyFishy's BioCube Planet

SquishyFishy

Everything is stock with this tank. I had great plans to slowly upgrade to better lighting, maybe a skimmer, etc. I just add the AutoAqua Smart ATO on Tuesday. Yay! Now, in order for me to transfer to a new tank, I will have to break down the Nuvo first. The new tank has to be placed where the Nuvo is sitting. Bummer, I know, but no other option. My plan is to call Royce back today (gave me his personal #) and ask for a replacement. There should have been a recall on all the bent glass tanks IMO. If the company doesn't come through for me, then I'll have to buy something. I'm in hopes that if I can transfer all the dry rock and live sand carefully and quickly along with new saltwater and some of the old, I won't get much of a cycle. Marlin and Coral will have to be put in a makeshift QT until its safe.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will work just fine and don't worry, clowns are so hearty, mine are having a grand time in their new digs. They are even out in open water instead of hugging the return vent!

Here is a pic of the final scape:

IMG_0615-L.jpg

Wow thanks, I am a clever little Grasshopper....I learn well~! The bio balls are gone, decided to get Stevie's media basket and then utilize my Ghost skimmer. Then the only other thing I need to do is to set up my reactor. That will take some thought as to how to do it with this tank.

The GSP is finally happy and open...will do a new FTS tomorrow. The only problem with params is my ph is low so I dosed will test again tomorrow...still no cycling I can discern. And all my little brittle stars have their little tents up and fishing for goodies.

Final scape....I have a great new arch now and positioned the toadstool so you look through it and see him

New%20scape-L.jpg

side-L.jpg

close%20up-M.jpg

Now I have loads of room, and sides to decorate! Definitely have room for flower nems, now Annette :wub:

Final scape....I have a great new arch now and positioned the toadstool so you look through it and see him

New%20scape-L.jpg

side-L.jpg

close%20up-M.jpg

Now I have loads of room, and sides to decorate! Definitely have room for flower nems, now Annette :wub:

Yes you do!! I like this scape the best of all your tanks so far. I'm excited to see your bta's doing so well. The one I had died, never found out what it really wanted, it shriveled up & I took it out before it croaked to not pollute the tank. Love your torch!!!

I bought this nem for $75 at my lfs. It split after just a few weeks, I think I made it mad! But it was always so sweet. Never moved around a lot, they both just have moved a couple of inches since last summer. And then yesterday the newest one moved off the rock they've both been on because I was jackin around with it. But it seems fine where it is in the pic. They stay puffy and pretty and just love krill.

Todd says I can't buy any RFAs until we get back from Hawaii. So I'm hoping someone will have a really pretty one. Checking all the sights mentioned...I want a hot pink and green one with ruffles :P

Problem this morning.....Solo is not looking so good. She is just sitting on the gravel next to the back wall, using it for balance and only using her outside fin, not swimming :o No apparent signs of ich. She won't eat. Oreo tries to keep her company stays right by her touching her tail with his. He is at least eating, but he just won't leave her.

Any ideas?

Ha! So I post the problem on Fish thread and then go to take a video of her and she has just made a liar out of me! Swimming around and wiggling her butt at Oreo like nothing is wrong at all.....goofy clown....now I've got request a deletion of the post. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Well, we'll see if she eats.

I think it's just part of their mating thing. I know I've asked at LFS, is that clown ok? laying there looking bad, panting like even, and then it's up swimming around like you said.

I think she's fine now. And both clowns are out and about up front even now that the new mate has been introduced...a yellow corris wrasse. For color in the tank. I like him, but he better not eat my sexies! I know I put 4 in the tank on Tuesday, but I can only find 2 now...but they might still surface...

Paranoia strikes again.....

So this morning I get up and I always check the tank first thing. I look and there is no Nanner...that is what I have named the new wrasse...cuz he looks just like one. He is nowhere, Todd and I spend 20 minutes looking inside, outside and all around the town. Nanner is MIA! How can a 3 inch fish go missing on his first night in a BioCube.

There is no way he could've gone surfing and we missed it. The tank is against the wall with a concrete floor all around. I don't just look once I look maybe 10 times. I take the flashlight and look all angles, under rock, under coral, everywhere. I have no sand, just aragonite gravel, I know they burrow but there are no lumps, nothing, I think I check all crevices and caves and it is already 8:00 and everyone else has had their morning constitutional and been fed...still no Nanner.

So we scratch our heads and start our breakfast, me thinking well, there goes $35 and this is the 3rd bad thing to happen, Yay, it's over!.... and suddenly Todd says, "Hey" points to the tank and voila, there is Nanner pleading for some sausage and eggs! UN FRICKIN BELIEVABLE! Hope this brought a smile to your day!! :wacko: Sorry he's so blurry, he won't stop long enough to get a good pic.

Nanner-L.jpg

It is relaxing when you've completed all maintenance and are standing in front of a clean DT watching the lovely movement....Oh I'd say about 10% of the time :furious: The other 90% spent working on it......... :P

Checked at my Sundown ramp and sure enough, he had hit the hay! No sign of him....he has sure found himself a good hidy hole!

His stealth is absolutely amazing. He is the last one up, others up just after sunrise starts at 7:30 but he didn't come out for another hour. I looked again with the flashlight,,,thoroughly... nuttin honey! Mind boggling! Todd says we should call him Stealth or Ghost Nanner!

Archived