Coral Vue Hydros

Arce's Tank

Arce

2 hours ago, Arce said:

Oh thats not bad, has the flush kit integrated into it as well. Hmmm.. i do have amazon points from my credit card available... Thanks for the link!

To answer the booster question, no, no booster.

I'm not sure of your situation but main line pressure should be 100 or more, stepped down when it comes into your house.  If it's a condo you might not have access but if it's a house you should see the device to lower the pressure where the water comes into the house.  Looks similar to this:

MhhprhC.png

In the 3 houses I lived in I have been able to use this to raise or lower the house water pressure to what I wanted.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, markalot said:

To answer the booster question, no, no booster.

I'm not sure of your situation but main line pressure should be 100 or more, stepped down when it comes into your house.  If it's a condo you might not have access but if it's a house you should see the device to lower the pressure where the water comes into the house.  Looks similar to this:

In the 3 houses I lived in I have been able to use this to raise or lower the house water pressure to what I wanted.

Its a house, but i do not have one of those. I just have a ball valve coming in, a meter, then another valve on the other side to isolate. 

Christopher Marks
3 hours ago, Arce said:

Tank is doing great so far.

Pics omgomgomg

Congrats on the smooth transition, nice work! Any fresh insight on moving a tank, now that the dust has settled? Did you just use 5 gallon buckets?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Pics omgomgomg

Congrats on the smooth transition, nice work! Any fresh insight on moving a tank, now that the dust has settled? Did you just use 5 gallon buckets?

Going to wait a bit for pics, its pretty bare without corals haha.

The move wasn't horrible, fitting it all in one car load was the hardest part. Put rocks in 1 5 gallon bucket, water half way and soaked towels to cover the rock that stuck out and then another bucket for all the fish, clam, gorgs and snails/urchin. All equipment i threw in a tupperware container with some towels. Moved the tank over to the new house, put the rock and fish into a spare tank and then just put the tank back together and filled it with fresh salt water that i had previously made. Let it sit over night just in case of a failure from the move, then the next day i put everything in. Its easier when you have a nano, moving anything more than 30-40 gallons id probably have an anxiety attack.

• Like 1

Just went to my basement to confirm i do no have any valve or adjustment to increase/decrease the water pressure. 

And of course, yet another issue. One of my ati fans died. Luckily i have a 4x24 sitting around so i pulled the fan off of it and replaced the broken one. I never use the 4x24 so ill deal with it for now but eventually ill have to replace it. Just another thing to add to the list that i have to buy. 

The tank is continuing to improve. The bonsai frag is actually growing back over the stn spots which is amazing. Color is coming back and patches of that deep purple are shining through the turd brown. Hoping things continue in this direction, I've never been more excited to get back into the game. It was such a heart ache to not know exactly what was causing issues in my tank.

• Like 4

Things are still doing well. Every day that passes gets me more excited about having a sps tank again. Yesterday i was home doing some chores in the basement and i heard a buzzing. It was pretty loud and the only thing down there other than the boiler/furnace is my tank. It ended up being my ATI fan. The second fan just died so now i only have one running. Extremely weird that within a week both fans crap out on me, there isn't any salt creep in there and its never seen water so no idea what happened. Going to order some new fans but for now i took an old clip on fan and aimed it at the ATI to help try to keep it cool.

• Like 3

Went to my old LFS last week and grabbed some common red monti for cheap. I needed to get another test subject. So far its doing great and the bonsai continues to heal and grow. I have barely given the take much attention with all of my house work/chores i need to do. Did a water change last night and it was much needed. I ordered 3 new fans for my ATI's so ill have one spare if any of them die randomly, i should get them by next week. I'm just going to let things be for now, maybe try to find some slimer or a milli. Pretty much just making sure the tank is good for RAP NY so i can pick up a couple pieces that i have on my list. My plans are to just have a few sps and let them really grow in and mature. This tank isn't that big, and aside from money the only thing stopping me from upgrading were my past tank troubles. Now that the tank troubles seem to have fixed themselves i want to prove to myself i can have a nice matured sps tank again. Then maybe in a year or so from now ill upgrade.

• Like 5

I am so happy to hear that the tranfer to the new house went well and that the tank is doing great.  I think you are wise in your approach of going slow with some test sps and then just buy a few and let them grow out.  Its so heartwarming to hear you excited about your tank again.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I just caught up!  Congrats on the house!  and i'm keeping my fingers crossed on the tank!  

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am so happy to hear that the tranfer to the new house went well and that the tank is doing great.  I think you are wise in your approach of going slow with some test sps and then just buy a few and let them grow out.  Its so heartwarming to hear you excited about your tank again.

It feels good to be excited about the tank again. Its hard to enjoy the hobby when things die lol. But i stuck through it and luckily im here now. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, markalot said:

Need more info. :)

Not much to tell. Tank is doing ok despite my serious neglect. Havent bought any corals. RAP is coming up and still undecided on if i am attending.

• Like 1

Anyone have a broken jebao pump. I lost the magnet holder for my wp10 that i have when i moved. I wanted to throw it on the tank for some more flow. Ill buy the magnet part off someone.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Arce said:

Not much to tell. Tank is doing ok despite my serious neglect. Havent bought any corals. RAP is coming up and still undecided on if i am attending.

Do it!

Went to throw my bm doser on the tank so i could do some daily acropower dosing and it doesnt work... bought it in September of last year so hopefully there is a year warranty on it and they honor it. Shot out a couple emails so fingers crossed.

10 minutes ago, Arce said:

Went to throw my bm doser on the tank so i could do some daily acropower dosing and it doesnt work... bought it in September of last year so hopefully there is a year warranty on it and they honor it. Shot out a couple emails so fingers crossed.

What doesn't work, electronics or the head not turning.  Heads are cheap and do wear out and/or lock up.

12 minutes ago, markalot said:

What doesn't work, electronics or the head not turning.  Heads are cheap and do wear out and/or lock up.

Plugged it in, the display is only scrolling "bubble magus". None of the buttons work, unplugged it a couple times, same thing.