Coral Vue Hydros

Arce's Tank

Arce

Pretty sure my dinos are gone from what i can tell. I was gone for the weekend but the past few days i haven't seen any dino strings or anything. I have to do a ton of testing tonight and I set up for a w/c. I still haven't decided on how to go about dealing with the metals. I'm still trying to research some of them to find a source.

• Like 2

Me and my fiance just made an offer on a house. Fingers crossed but im trying not getting my hopes up.

Good luck!

For the metals, I forget, we're you already running a Polyfilter?

• Like 1

Good luck!

For the metals, I forget, we're you already running a Polyfilter?

Thanks! Yes im running a poly filter, actuallly just changed it the other day. I have a order of continuum power cleanse in route.
  • Like 3

Cool, I hadn't heard of the power cleanse stuff before, it looks promising.

I forgot to post about it, but I did a Triton test in my 40g at the beginning of the year, and it was high in chromium. No idea why, or if it really matters, though. All the other heavy metals were fine, too.

I've been running a Polyfilter and I plan to retest to see if that took care of it. If not, I may try the continuum if it works well for you.

• Like 2

Cool, I hadn't heard of the power cleanse stuff before, it looks promising.

I forgot to post about it, but I did a Triton test in my 40g at the beginning of the year, and it was high in chromium. No idea why, or if it really matters, though. All the other heavy metals were fine, too.

I've been running a Polyfilter and I plan to retest to see if that took care of it. If not, I may try the continuum if it works well for you.

I dont know if it pulls out all heavy metals, but its worth a shot. I dont plan on adding coral or anything any time soon. The house takes precedance. Maybe ill grab some simple stuff eventually but not till were settled in. Ill update u if i see and differences with the continuum though.
  • Like 2

I dont know if it pulls out all heavy metals, but its worth a shot. I dont plan on adding coral or anything any time soon. The house takes precedance. Maybe ill grab some simple stuff eventually but not till were settled in. Ill update u if i see and differences with the continuum though.

Thanks! I thought about using Cuprisorb but I read about how it can strip the water of trace elements too, so I decided to stay conservative and use a combination of carbon and polyfilter.

• Like 1

What about triton detox? I heard it does good things.

• Like 1

Good luck on the house dude.

Don't worry too much about the Triton numbers if things are looking decent. Chasing numbers is something that can create more of a yoyo and stress rather than having more stable numbers outside of ideal ranges.

• Like 3

Thanks! I thought about using Cuprisorb but I read about how it can strip the water of trace elements too, so I decided to stay conservative and use a combination of carbon and polyfilter.

If i use the continuum i will do it conservatively since i dont even know if it pulls some of the metals i have. I do have small amounts of copper and aluminum so i believe the decription said it will atleast pull those

What about triton detox? I heard it does good things.

Hmm havent seen it before

Good luck on the house dude.

Don't worry too much about the Triton numbers if things are looking decent. Chasing numbers is something that can create more of a yoyo and stress rather than having more stable numbers outside of ideal ranges.

Thanks! Yea im not chasing the numbers, only some of the metals, i had high phos and nitrates but im letting them be pretty much. I dont have anything in the tank to really compare parameters to health so im just letting it ride.

Come baaaaack....

Didnt go anywhere, just been lurking.

• Like 3

How long did you give them?

They countered yesterday and we went in best and final. I dont think they will move anymore. They really didnt move much to begin with. Were going to probably take their last counter because we really want it and my realtor said its fair. Hoping they atleast come back today and say yes or no so we can just tell them we will take their last number.

• Like 1

Ahh so we ended up coming up to their price. Just signed the paperwork so were going into attorney review. This is such a stressfull processes lol.

Pffft. First house, and you can probably still read your signature I bet ... just wait.

• Like 4

Pffft. First house, and you can probably still read your signature I bet ... just wait.

This is so true. Especially after multiple refinance/second mortgages on multiple houses :lol:

Congratulations! This is a very exciting and stressful time but some of my favorite memories are of moving into our first house.

• Like 1

Man this process is stressful. Currently redoing our contract with our lawyers and the back and forth is insane over minor verbiage. We sent our last revision today so I'm hoping we are going to be under contract by Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. 

My tank has been highly neglected. Looks like poop. My acans are dying, clams ok, fish are ok. Meh. Priorities.

1 hour ago, Arce said:

Man this process is stressful. Currently redoing our contract with our lawyers and the back and forth is insane over minor verbiage. We sent our last revision today so I'm hoping we are going to be under contract by Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. 

My tank has been highly neglected. Looks like poop. My acans are dying, clams ok, fish are ok. Meh. Priorities.

Contract language is pretty standard I thought. However the fact that it is under attorney review is progress - and I believe 3 days are allowed for that. And then I think you have 3 days after you sign to change your mind, buyers remorse and all that.

• Like 1