SaltCritters.com

Arce's Tank

Arce

The sixline will kill anything that competes with it's food source, especially as they age. Mine has gone through bouts of extremely aggressive behavior with my yellow tail damsel, who also picks at some pods, but the little damsel can defend itself.

Yea, he doesn't show any aggression toward my springers or clown.

As I'm sitting here thinking about it I'm going to pull the mandy from the DT and either put him in the sump temporarily or set up a small QT type system to see if i can bring him back to life. If anything, and he doesn't make it, at least he will go calmly and not from being bullied by the six line. Only thing i need to figure out is a temp stand or something to put a 10g tank on.

• Like 1

Tanks a mess, MD says im not getting my package till Monday. Kat, being a great friend, sent me some phosphaterx via priority mail so ill be able to start dosing tonight. Lets see if it stops the necrosis.

I moved my mandarin to my sump last night. He will be much happier down there despite the small space. I've got a bunch of LR down there that hopefully have some pods for him to hunt. I feel better knowing that the six line wont be beating him up, and hopefully i can feed him easier down there.

• Like 3

Got my package from kat, put a drop in. Ill probably do a drop every other day untill monday just so i dont over do it. Once i get the test kit on monday ill see if i need a daily dose.

• Like 2

Did some testing today. Phosphates are 0.03 or below and nitrates are below 5. So all is good, just have to keep it this way. Going to do some testing in a couple days. I only did 1 drop of the phosphaterx on top of that large water change. The mandarins in the sump but isn't looking good, i was hoping he could recover but well see.

• Like 3

I don't think my mandarin will be with me for much longer. Hes barely eating anymore no matter what i feed so hes very skinny. All of his fins are torn and last night i saw the 6 line beating him up. I've had him for two years, and he was easily my favorite fish. Hoping he goes soon and doesn't suffer. I wish i could set up another tank just for him. :tears:

:(

I'm sorry about the mandy :(

• Like 2

Part of me is saying to pull the sand bed, and im very tempted.

Weigh the pros and cons.

Pro: 1. you liked a bb when you had one before. 2. It will trap less detritus with minimal maintenance.

Cons: 1. its a bit more sterile and less natural looking. 2. The sand does dissolve slowly and adds a buffering to the water. 3. Some desirable creatures need sand for their well being.

And so on...

• Like 1

I have to decide about the sand, im trying to not over react lol..

So the tanks doing ok... all levels are in range which is good. Right now im dealing with what i think is cyano. Ive been texting kat back and forth and shes trying to walk me through all the issues im having with the tank. Before the phosphaterx dose i had decent red cyano on my sand but now im getting some slimey bits on my sps. Its all brown so i was afraid its dinos but there are no bubbles in it and its mostly just on the pieces that have stn. It progresses over the day and if i usually blow it off it wont come back till the next day. Im assuming its a brown cyano being fueled by the stn, hopefully.

PICTURES!

Ok ok ok :rolleyes:

These were taken with my iphone so quality is crap but you can see the snot like stuff on the sps. Its mostly on things that have stned, its not on the sand bed or rock. There was some on my gorg but i think it was just shedding.

31212368205_01fdf7f791.jpg

31212367965_3657f19f31.jpg

31176816646_7bed7fa2ce.jpg

31176816586_4b773a070b.jpg

• Like 2

Completely off topic. Its been bugging me, how do you pronounce your username?

Hahaahaa its ok. (Ar-see) thats probably the easiest way to phonetically explain it.
  • Like 2

Hahaahaa its ok. (Ar-see) thats probably the easiest way to phonetically explain it.

Fantastic thanks! :) great shots with iphone btw, i cant get pics like that