Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arce's Tank

Arce

Thanks, yea ill get some, right now the only thing i like taking pictures of is the garf bonsai and kat sps. They have such great color and have been growing like crazy, everything else is ... meh lol.

Those were the two that did well my first go around as well. Ya know, this time I have some awesome reds but I can't get the Kat to look like it once did. I want BOTH!

• Like 2

I hope the new corals will help make things more exciting again. Sometimes you just have to change things up, especially after battling through a big setback. But I'm glad things seem to be stabilized and improving. :)

• Like 1

Hopefully things will be more recovered when you get the new coral at the swap in November. Maybe picture taking will be more fun then.

Hopefully, well see what happens.

Those were the two that did well my first go around as well. Ya know, this time I have some awesome reds but I can't get the Kat to look like it once did. I want BOTH!

I saw the pictures u posted, i think the kat looks pretty good. All your colors are looking great.

I hope the new corals will help make things more exciting again. Sometimes you just have to change things up, especially after battling through a big setback. But I'm glad things seem to be stabilized and improving. :)

Thanks. Yea its been hard after losing so much, again... But the spark is coming back slowly.

• Like 2

My mandarin hasn't been doing very well, hes always been on the skinny side but this is the worst I've seen him. Mostly my fault for not being more diligent in spot feeding him. I'm tempted to set up a AIO 20 long to put him into and just have low tech with macros and cheap softies. The other part of me is saying stop being stupid you shouldn't have two tanks...

• Like 1

Just looked back, I've had this guy for a year and 7 months. Not sure what to do. If i were to do this i need it to be a low cost setup. Id prefer AIO but any aio kit I've seen is stupid expensive, so may end up using my hob AC filter.

• Like 1

Someone needs to stop me im making the thought of a second tank become a reality and thinking of ways to plan it out...

Hope the mandy does better for you.

Thanks hopefully

• Like 2

Really trying to get the interest back into the hobby, spent tonight enjoying the tank and giving it a water change and did some testing. So far it seems like whatever caused my issues before have been resolved, i still want to be sure so I'm not adding anything till the November frag swap.

As usual the only thing worth taking a photo of, but the color on this one continues to get better and better, growth has started to pick up as well. All i did was adjust the warmth on these to get rid of the blue hue, colors are true and amazing.

29937867304_ae8777f24a.jpg

30533102966_85b08674b0.jpg

• Like 7

Really trying to get the interest back into the hobby, spent tonight enjoying the tank and giving it a water change and did some testing. So far it seems like whatever caused my issues before have been resolved, i still want to be sure so I'm not adding anything till the November frag swap.

As usual the only thing worth taking a photo of, but the color on this one continues to get better and better, growth has started to pick up as well. All i did was adjust the warmth on these to get rid of the blue hue, colors are true and amazing.

29937867304_ae8777f24a.jpg

30533102966_85b08674b0.jpg

Nice photos! I am glad that you could find joy in your tank tonight. That is good news that the issue that caused the problem is probably resolved. Its wise that you are holding off on getting more coral until the swap though.
  • Like 1

Nice photos! I am glad that you could find joy in your tank tonight. That is good news that the issue that caused the problem is probably resolved. Its wise that you are holding off on getting more coral until the swap though.

Thanks Dawn, Yea i just cant deal with any more losses.

• Like 1

IF the diatoms aren't crazy today by the time i get home, i may take a fts...

Still dealing with a diatom bloom, but its been dying down.

I expect that I am going to be with you in regards to diatoms when I set up the 56 gallon. There are worse things.

• Like 1

I expect that I am going to be with you in regards to diatoms when I set up the 56 gallon. There are worse things.

They are such a downer. Not sure what caused them this time.

To help bring back the interest in the tank im thinking i should get a new fish. Would want an active swimmer, mostly because my clown and springer damsel have taken claim to the bottom right half of my tank.

Sucks i cant get many wrasse, they would be perfect. Any ideas? Has to be something that can handle the initial bullying from the damsel.

• Like 1

Time to face the reality that is my tank. Since its been turning around and really coming back to life i think its time.

I lost so many pieces over the past couple months, probably around a dozen, and some of them were amazing pieces which really kills me. Here is basically whats left...

FTS, very crude, and i just fed so ignore the mysis and brine floating around lol.

30471495242_cf216af1b7.jpg

Blue stag - Was seriously damaged but i couldnt let it go. Was completely turd brown a few weeks ago and there were a few dead spots where u can still see the algae that took over the skeleton. In the past week its gotten its color back and PE has improved tremendously.

30288936460_0182f72e5b.jpg

Tri-color Valida- Didnt get seriously damaged but color and PE was bleh. Its coming around and started to encrust and show PE

30288937770_41ac35391a.jpg

The Kat- As usual the star of the tank so had to post yet another picture just to show everyone that my sps arent all dead and crappy lol

30288938900_b61df3820d.jpg

Garf Bonsai - Not the best photo, but its doing pretty good, began encrusting recently, wasnt really damaged in the event

30551900106_347c670d09.jpg

Now for a really ugly picture... This was forest fire digi but got destroyed, but i haven't given up on it so lets see what it does. Top left you can see a piece i had gotten that used to be two tone of green base with purple tips but has since browned. The bottom left piece you can see the not so pink lemonade lol, its rough but so far

30551901986_ff925083a0.jpg

Andd to end on a good note, my rainbow acan colony. It continues to do amazing, started from two heads now theres over a dozen.

30551898146_29d4c7f86a.jpg

• Like 8

Good Nassarius or Whelk??

They move quickly, heard whelks move pretty slow. They burrowed almost instantly when i threw them in. Their feet are pretty long, atleast longer than the shell when they are on the move. Not sure of any other distinctive traits that could tell the difference.

30609569505_ae39882fd0.jpg

29977720424_0c5ee30298.jpg

30521251571_b3b9648ee0.jpg

See the patch on the foot? Good guys. Whelks have a completely different foot and snout structure.

This is an example of the whelks that live in my 150

STA60089.jpg

The foot is small and the area where the snout extends is shaped different.

• Like 1

See the patch on the foot? Good guys. Whelks have a completely different foot and snout structure.

This is an example of the whelks that live in my 150

STA60089.jpg

The foot is small and the area where the snout extends is shaped different.

Pics are too blue to see any mottling of the siphon, and if you can snag one and get a pic of the underside that helps ID them, too.

Thanks for the help guys. Pics of them look like super tongan based on the LA picture. Not sure though seeing how the differences between them are small.

Ok, the two bigger white shell ones look like every tongan nassarius picture i see on LA and Reefcleaners. The two smaller ones? Not sure? Not tryna lose my clam.

• Like 1