inTank Media Baskets

gsgentry's Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 Build (Fried Light Pic)

gsgentry

I am aching to try out some Bio-pellets in my micro system. I would have to then run a skimmer, which is a non-issue for the two of you as you already are running one. I have heard GREAT things about bio-pellets and wanna give them a try. As I have the InTank baskets I may attempt Carbon and filter-floss in those and a skimme/reactor with bio-pellets combo instead of this fuge...

Gsgenty, you were absolutely right(hate to say it,lol), I do regret not getting the 24, and I regret not having the new Fusion 30 even MORE. just wish there was space in my livingroom for either :(. I might have to pull the trigger anyway, I can shove it somewhere, sell some furniture, wtf ever it takes to get one in there. all I need is the tank and a stand, I have the rest,lol.

Hey, you ever consider building/having a black cover box built out of black acylic to cover the skimmer cups and reactors up from view? I was considering building one....make it look nicer....

WAIT.... Did I hear you correctly? Did you say I was right? LOL!!!! :)

Yes, actually akaeding bought the stuff to make it for me. I have just been making many changes and have delayed sending him a template. I think I am about ready!

Any particular reason you went with the reactors instead of chemi-pure elite? Just better efficiency due to the concentrated water flow? I'm contemplating a reactor in the future in my IM 30 cube.

I actually had chemipure elite in there... but it has such a small amount of GFO, that its really not effective for phosphate removal. So that was my main focus for getting the reactor, as they are more efficient than just running media in a filter bag. Then the cat broke one reactor and then realized it was the wrong one, so I went and bought the desktop size. Now that I got the chamber replaced, I figured I would go ahead and run 2. :)

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

WAIT.... Did I hear you correctly? Did you say I was right? LOL!!!! :)

Yes, actually akaeding bought the stuff to make it for me. I have just been making many changes and have delayed sending him a template. I think I am about ready!

I actually had chemipure elite in there... but it has such a small amount of GFO, that its really not effective for phosphate removal. So that was my main focus for getting the reactor, as they are more efficient than just running media in a filter bag. Then the cat broke one reactor and then realized it was the wrong one, so I went and bought the desktop size. Now that I got the chamber replaced, I figured I would go ahead and run 2. :)

+1 Media reactors utilize media MUCH MUCH more efficiently than just bags of media. I miss the heck outta mine on my 75

And YES, you were right, still doesn't change the space issue though....lol

After 7 very long weeks, the QT was done and my LFS had our 2 ORA Naked Clownfish ordered and were holding them for us. So my princess and I went to pick them up. :) Had to rush home and do a quick water change on the QT and then get it up to temperature. I also had to dip a coral that I couldn't resist when I was there. LOL :) Crazy night for sure, but well worth it.

They are still getting adjusted, so very hyper right now. I will get some better pictures as soon as I can.

IMG_3151_zpsd9b8314f.jpg

IMG_3154_zpsca81fb4d.jpg

And here is the "find" that I couldn't pass up. An amazing Yuma for $15!! They also have an ORA Toadstool that I am probably going to go back and get Saturday. He had some amazing stuff in stock this trip.

Under violet lights

IMG_3121_zpsc2a8e969.jpg

Under blue lights

IMG_3123_zps28ea1f41.jpg

I absolutely love this thing!! I have been wanting one for a while, but just haven't seen them. I think it has to do with the water temps being so low, that nobody has been diving for them until recently.

More to come...

Steensj2004

After 7 very long weeks, the QT was done and my LFS had our 2 ORA Naked Clownfish ordered and were holding them for us. So my princess and I went to pick them up. :) Had to rush home and do a quick water change on the QT and then get it up to temperature. I also had to dip a coral that I couldn't resist when I was there. LOL :) Crazy night for sure, but well worth it.

They are still getting adjusted, so very hyper right now. I will get some better pictures as soon as I can.

IMG_3151_zpsd9b8314f.jpg

IMG_3154_zpsca81fb4d.jpg

And here is the "find" that I couldn't pass up. An amazing Yuma for $15!! They also have an ORA Toadstool that I am probably going to go back and get Saturday. He had some amazing stuff in stock this trip.

Under violet lights

IMG_3121_zpsc2a8e969.jpg

Under blue lights

IMG_3123_zps28ea1f41.jpg

I absolutely love this thing!! I have been wanting one for a while, but just haven't seen them. I think it has to do with the water temps being so low, that nobody has been diving for them until recently.

More to come...

Don't feel to guilty, a Yasha Goby musta jumped into my bag today when I went for some food. I got home, opened the bag and there he was.... :lol: heheh

I love the clowns and LOVE that Yuma! Did yah get it from Coral Logic of Bio-Reef?I want a Ric/Yuma garden in my 16..

I actually got if from another LFS. :) He orders every other week from ORA so I asked him to get it for me. Getting ready to take a couple more pics of the clowns since they are settling down.

Not sure if you mentioned this already, but what media are you running in the midsize? Your GFO or carbon? How is the flow on the reactor, are you getting enough for the GFO to lightly tumble and not clump up? I've heard people having issues on them prior.

Not sure if you mentioned this already, but what media are you running in the midsize? Your GFO or carbon? How is the flow on the reactor, are you getting enough for the GFO to lightly tumble and not clump up? I've heard people having issues on them prior.

I am running Carbon in the midsize one and GFO in the desktop one. The midsize was easy to tune in, but the desktop is turned down all the way, including the pump and it is just right. I actually cut a filter floss disc to put before the sponges in case it ever got to be a little too much tumble, to keep it out of my tank.

Steensj2004

Awesome, thanks for the info. I may pull the trigger on one soon, just hate the price tag :(

There are a couple in the hardware section right now, I think Akeding is snatching one up actually, lmao. Buy Used! Save a plastic ......tree.....plant...or something like that :lol:

No midsize ones for sale in the hardware section, I scoured it :( Trust me, I'll buy used as much as I can.

Reason for the urgency was I'm picking up about $500 in really nice corals this weekend/early next week. Two headed aussie scoly, green trachy, blue/green/red trachy, 10+ polyps of utter chaos colony, 50+ polyps of rasta colony, and some other odds and ends :D

My phosphates were at .045 on the Elos phosphate test kit, so I'm still fine, but I like a big fat 0.

Steensj2004

No midsize ones for sale in the hardware section, I scoured it :( Trust me, I'll buy used as much as I can.

Reason for the urgency was I'm picking up about $500 in really nice corals this weekend/early next week. Two headed aussie scoly, green trachy, blue/green/red trachy, 10+ polyps of utter chaos colony, 50+ polyps of rasta colony, and some other odds and ends :D

My phosphates were at .045 on the Elos phosphate test kit, so I'm still fine, but I like a big fat 0.

Fair enough... I'll keep an eye out for yah. How about throwing me some of those rastas, hahaha.

If you were closer by all means :P

Definitely not at the point of shipping yet, maybe this summer. USPS should only be 2 days to VA.

Probably, he is local to me and I've done some business with him before. Plus, I get the "buy a crap ton all at once" discount...

Awesome, thanks for the info. I may pull the trigger on one soon, just hate the price tag :(

Marine Depot usually has a coupon available. :)

Marine Depot usually has a coupon available. :)

They are actually doing a deal with the desktop size reactor where it comes with free carbon ($11 value). I emailed them and asked if they would do that deal for the midsize one, or give me credit for GFO :P haha!

There was a guyin the classifieds that had some,"Ultra Rastas" that I want something terrible....he sold out though. :(

Rastas are my favorite! I'm going to be thrilled if I get the entire rock. The colony of utter chaos are awesome too, I never knew how LARGE the polyps are. Cannot wait for coral (but need my light!). Hoping there is an update from Dave today with pictures of my fixture :P

Steensj2004

They are actually doing a deal with the desktop size reactor where it comes with free carbon ($11 value). I emailed them and asked if they would do that deal for the midsize one, or give me credit for GFO :P haha!

Rastas are my favorite! I'm going to be thrilled if I get the entire rock. The colony of utter chaos are awesome too, I never knew how LARGE the polyps are. Cannot wait for coral (but need my light!). Hoping there is an update from Dave today with pictures of my fixture :P

Dave said mine would be here this week.No update or tracking number.....not sure if he will let me know when it ships or not......

He said mine was shipping today! I'll just come steal yours though if it doesnt.

gsgentry sorry for blowing up your thread :D

Archived