SaltCritters.com

gsgentry's Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 Build (Fried Light Pic)

gsgentry

Steensj2004

While at the show, I finally got to meet Dave Fason, the owner of Nano Box Reef and the builder of my light!! Such a great guy to work with and talk to. He has always been very responsive with questions and he is just a wonderful people person!! My daughter even said that meeting him was the favorite part of the show. LOL

Good times Dave!!! :)

Awwwwwe, LUCKY.... Sweet pieces too! LOVE that second rock flower! you can just go ahead and package that up and send it my way, hehe

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure thing... let me send it right on over. :)

They had so many to choose from, it was hard to pick just 2!!!

Nice pics, and even nicer livestock. Looks like you made some great grabs at RAP!

Thanks!! Not bad for $110 for both of them, Thanks for pointing me their way!! :)

• 1 month later...

Well we had a incident recently. My custom light decided to take a swim in the tank and fried it all. Luckily I had my old light to get me by for now.

I sent the light back off to Dave for a quote and he is working on replacing all the LED's, fans and changing the mounting for me now. I also ordered some 80/20 which is what I will be using to mount the light when I get it back in the next week or two. The good news is that the new clusters will have the lime LED's. And I will still have the additional violets and moonlights as before.

The birdsnest I had was pretty much the only coral affected by the accident. All my other corals are doing great. Acans have new heads all over them as does the BowerBanki. And the Dragon Soul Favia that I have been healing for my brother looks amazing now!!

I will post new pictures when I get my light back. I will also post what the fried light looked light. :(

Wow, that sucks. Considering you're getting an 80/20 mount to replace, I take it leg mounts gave out somehow? I can imagine a gooseneck mount toppling over, but how did the mounting legs fail?

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, that sucks. Considering you're getting an 80/20 mount to replace, I take it leg mounts gave out somehow? I can imagine a gooseneck mount toppling over, but how did the mounting legs fail?

The legs didn't fail per say. They clamp onto the glass, but you can't tighten them like you could if you were clamping on wood or metal, otherwise the glass would break

Going with the 80/20 just to be safe. It will be solid and also give me the ability to slide the light back out of the way if needed for maintenance. I have the structure built and the light should be done this weekend according to Dave. Life will be good again. :)

Well I thought I would post a picture of what an LED light looks like after a swim in the tank :(

8E64DE3F-0CBE-4FFE-AEAA-3FBE63D19905_zps

• 4 weeks later...

Well I thought I would post a picture of what an LED light looks like after a swim in the tank :(

8E64DE3F-0CBE-4FFE-AEAA-3FBE63D19905_zps

that absolutely sucks :(

any update?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Jamescawthray

Wow amazing tank!!!!! You have worked very hard!!! Just bought this tank in uk, although been reading that they crack:/( where you worried at all? What was the thickness of your glass?

Archived