Top Shelf Aquatics

My Flower Box

gena

That's an incredible price. Here in NC I paid $25 for each. I hope she works out for you. She looks SOoooo pretty in there. I was sad when my one jumped and the other died. I never stopped having pods in the 60 so I don't know what hapd.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want one of those so bad but I can never pull the trigger on it. Right now they are $55 at the LFS. They just got them in 2 days ago.

I'm not surprised they are charging so much at some LFS. They look so exotic and expensive. I REALLY hope

she does well for me. She hasn't eaten anymore food that I've given her. Just that first day. She may have eaten

a tiny piece of mysis today, I couldn't tell if she kept it in or not. She's so little and cute! If this doesn't

work out I doubt I'll try again.

Picture taking has proven to be a big challenge so far. Every

time the camera comes out, she turns the other way LOL.

Hopefully she'll get more comfortable with that over time :).

For now

IMG_9567_zps8a7wrkjq.jpg

IMG_9570_zpsceywykh7.jpg

IMG_9572_zps0sadhb63.jpg

I wonder how many of those cute bean bag crabs I could buy for my flowers. I love your pictures with them. I can't do anything til this cyano is gone though.

I get confused between them. So is it a white anemone crab in this tank and a porcelain in your larger? the one with the waving arms? I don't know why I can't remember which is which. And are they both safe together?

OMG! I love the ruby red so much. This is like the tank of my dreams :P hope she continues to eat frozen for you.

She's a dainty little thing. I hope I can keep her long term fingerscrossed.

I get confused between them. So is it a white anemone crab in this tank and a porcelain in your larger? the one with the waving arms? I don't know why I can't remember which is which. And are they both safe together?

This is actually the only anemone crab I have left. The ones in the other tank were blue porcelain anemone crabs from the Caribbean.

They are basically the same thing. Just a different color and come from a different ocean. I like the white ones better. They are smaller and not as

aggressive in my experience. Not sure how the different types would behave together. I would think they could each hold their own. Mine doesn't ever leave his big green rock flower :). I bet you could have quite a few in your rock flower tank ;).

What an adorable dragonet! Did you name her?

Thanks :). Not yet! I'm usually pretty slow with naming my fish LOL.

Maybe try her with some cyclopeeze?

I did :). She ate some yesterday. I'm not sure she's that hungry for my prepared foods. I have so many pods in this tank. At least I know she will take prepared foods :).

I think they'd have a hay day! I assume I could probably get like 3 for that tank.

She's a dainty little thing. I hope I can keep her long term fingerscrossed.

This is actually the only anemone crab I have left. The ones in the other tank were blue porcelain anemone crabs from the Caribbean.
They are basically the same thing. Just a different color and come from a different ocean. I like the white ones better. They are smaller and not as
aggressive in my experience. Not sure how the different types would behave together. I would think they could each hold their own. Mine doesn't ever leave his big green rock flower :). I bet you could have quite a few in your rock flower tank ;).

Tank cleaning day :happydance:. This one is getting a bit dirtier with the added feedings I'm doing for the dragonet.

Who, by the way, is still being shy when it comes to pictures....

IMG_9630_zpsukdk9dyv.jpg

IMG_9627_zpstvfkdfgg.jpg

Man, everyone's dragonets makes me want one. Not sure I want to deal with such a high maintenance fish though :unsure:. I love that red macroalgae you've got in the back.

Love the dragonet. They're such pretty little fish. Did she eat for you today?

Awesome shots of that shrimp and crab, Gena! Love that they're not at all shy. That's the benefit of a small tank like this. I felt like my porcelains got lost in my 30 gallon, so I never appreciated them as much as I would have liked. Its nice to showcase the cool little inverts like this :)

Man, everyone's dragonets makes me want one. Not sure I want to deal with such a high maintenance fish though :unsure:. I love that red macroalgae you've got in the back.

Compared to the mandarin, the ruby is a piece of cake! Seriously...unless I just got really lucky???? Like night

and day on the maintenance.

I have two types of red. The one on the left is string of pearls and the one in the center is red grape.

Love the dragonet. They're such pretty little fish. Did she eat for you today?

Awesome shots of that shrimp and crab, Gena! Love that they're not at all shy. That's the benefit of a small tank like this. I felt like my porcelains got lost in my 30 gallon, so I never appreciated them as much as I would have liked. Its nice to showcase the cool little inverts like this :)

Thanks!!!! Yep!!! She loves live blackworms the most...slurps them down like spaghetti :).

Looks great Gena!

Thanks, Dave!!!!

Compared to the mandarin, the ruby is a piece of cake! Seriously...unless I just got really lucky???? Like night

and day on the maintenance.

I have two types of red. The one on the left is string of pearls and the one in the center is red grape.

Thanks!!!! Yep!!! She loves live blackworms the most...slurps them down like spaghetti :).

Thanks, Dave!!!!

No, you foul temptress! :lol: Really though, the scooter is that much different from the mandies? Very tempting. Then again, I seem to be having trouble keeping a clownfish alive <_<

jedimasterben

No, you foul temptress! :lol: Really though, the scooter is that much different from the mandies? Very tempting. Then again, I seem to be having trouble keeping a clownfish alive <_<

Biologically they are very similar, with scooters staying a bit smaller, and behaviorally they are different, scooters typically take to prepared foods with little effort in comparison.

Very beatiful macro alg aquarium ;)

Thank you very much!!!!

Hahaha...well, my experience with both types, yes...there is a definite difference between them. If you do

decide to go for it, look for one that is plump or not skinny. I chose the feisty one in the tank. She was quite active

and I could tell she was healthy :).

Biologically they are very similar, with scooters staying a bit smaller, and behaviorally they are different, scooters typically take to prepared foods with little effort in comparison.

Yep...my experience exactly. No effort at all to get her to eat.

Look how fluffy this gorg has gotten. Even with a shrimp hanging on it :lol:.

IMG_9705_zpso4opecdm.jpg

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wow that gorg is beautiful I've always wanted a gorg what's a good one? What kind of shrimp?

Wow that gorg is beautiful I've always wanted a gorg what's a good one? What kind of shrimp?

One stop shopping:

sealifeinc.net

You can get a nano gorg and a spotted anemone shrimp from this same place :). Any of the nano gorgs on their site are good.

You want photosynthetic.

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One stop shopping:sealifeinc.netYou can get a nano gorg and a spotted anemone shrimp from this same place :). Any of the nano gorgs on their site are good.You want photosynthetic.

Thanks I will check them out!

Look how fluffy this gorg has gotten. Even with a shrimp hanging on it :lol:.

IMG_9705_zpso4opecdm.jpg

:wub:

My gorg just told me it wants one of those cute shrimpys to hang around on it, too!!

Archived