Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

Thanks!!!!! Wooohooo :). How's the flow on yours? I'm hoping mine's not too strong. I read online it likes moderate flow. I could see this thing taking a week to open. It's still closed up tight.

I can see the branches wiggling in the flow so I'd say it's at least moderate :lol:. They're not bending from it, but you can see them wavering around in it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the branches wiggling in the flow so I'd say it's at least moderate :lol:. They're not bending from it, but you can see them wavering around in it.

There are two branches on mine that are constantly vibrating from the flow. The rest of it is pretty stiff. Hopefully this will be ok for it fingerscrossed.

jedimasterben

:happydance:

I thought so. Of course the guy at Petco was clueless. I was like, is that an ORA gorgonian? He was like, no. Those

would be like $50 plus :rolleyes:.

I bought it with a couple of fleshless tips on the branches. I know those can grow back though with

proper care.

LOL, that's when it's best to just keep your mouth shut and point :D

Also, I would clip off the tips that have missing flesh, just below where it is missing.

I love the pic of the crab chillin' on its beanbag chair. Nice score on the gorg! It's a beautiful addition to an already spectacular tank!

Thanks everyone :flower:. It still hasn't opened yet. Looks like it will probably do a shedding first and then open fingerscrossed.

No lost flesh this morning so I think I'm in the clear.

congrats on the new coral, gena!

is it an SPS??

i think your nem is trying very hard to eat

the crab. haha!

I think gorgonians are considered soft corals. You should try one sometime! Just make sure you get the photosynthetic kind :).

pretty gena!!

what a great pick up!

also, your neon red shrooms look so much

like mine. wondering if same? mine walks around

the rock all day long and makes babies like mad. ha!

has already dropped 4 baby mushrooms.

pretty gena!!

what a great pick up!

also, your neon red shrooms look so much

like mine. wondering if same? mine walks around

the rock all day long and makes babies like mad. ha!

has already dropped 4 baby mushrooms.

Thanks! I got those mushrooms from a good NR friend that used to post on here. They are VERY vibrant red. I'm having

trouble getting them to settle after putting the Tide back on the tank. They hated it in the middle of the tank so I just

moved them to that left side. Not sure if the RFAs are going to bother them too much or not.

Polyps are starting to come out :happydance:.

IMG_9545_zps7y0dan7a.jpg

Gena, the Gorg looks great. Glad to hear you are getting the polyps to show themselves.

Your Candy Canes also look great. Do you feed them at all? Mine never seem to take food any more. Two heads did when I first got them, but not any more.

Gena, the Gorg looks great. Glad to hear you are getting the polyps to show themselves.

Your Candy Canes also look great. Do you feed them at all? Mine never seem to take food any more. Two heads did when I first got them, but not any more.

Thanks! The only candy canes that eat for me are the turquoise and the neon green. My pink and green don't eat for me at all. But

they have split a couple of times so they are getting nutrition from something :).

:happydance::wizard: lovely merletti colony in the front too.

The only ones that have done consistently well for me :).

I may have made an impulse purchase today :blush:. For $14.99 I couldn't say no. She ate live blackworms for me today too :happydance:.

This tank is swimming with pods so she should do well for me fingerscrossed.

ruby red dragonet

IMG_9565_zpseyzgozeq.jpg

Love those I want one so bad but they are so expensive still around here.

They are neat little fish. I made sure to pick the fattest one. She was feisty too...picking on the male that was in the

tank with her LOL. I thought $14.99 was a pretty darn good price. I hope they come down in price for you soon!!!!

That's awesome! Especially for $14.99 :wub:

I'd always heard that a tank this small isn't big enough to support an adequate pod population for a dragonet. I'd love to find out that the conventional wisdom is wrong :)

jedimasterben

Love those I want one so bad but they are so expensive still around here.

They shouldn't be. They all come from the same place for the same price, about $6-8 wholesale each. It's insane the prices some are charging because they claim these things are rare, when in reality hundreds are imported at a time.

Ruby red dragonet! SQUEEE! I love those little buggers. My husband really wants one too, but I don't feel like any of my tanks are appropriate for one. Some day though! Until then you must post photos often for us to live vicariously!

That's awesome! Especially for $14.99 :wub:

I'd always heard that a tank this small isn't big enough to support an adequate pod population for a dragonet. I'd love to find out that the conventional wisdom is wrong :)

Well my goal is to prove them wrong :D.

Ruby red dragonet! SQUEEE! I love those little buggers. My husband really wants one too, but I don't feel like any of my tanks are appropriate for one. Some day though! Until then you must post photos often for us to live vicariously!

Will do :).

They shouldn't be. They all come from the same place for the same price, about $6-8 wholesale each. It's insane the prices some are charging because they claim these things are rare, when in reality hundreds are imported at a time.

I'll have to check they may have come down in price I have been out of the game for about 7 months but I didn't check the price the other day when I saw them at out local store so I will have to if they are running that cheap now!

Archived