Top Shelf Aquatics

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, we got quite a bit of rain up here, but it was a good weekend anyway. Plus we need the rain! I feel accomplished because I spent all day today pulling out all my aquarium related equipment, food, meds, supplies, etc from all over my apartment. I threw a ton of it out, made a pile of stuff that I need to sell, and then I reorganized everything so it will be easier for me to find things. I figured since I'm doing this whole upgrade, I should really get everything nice and organized finally :)

That clown goby is just too adorable! Love that shot, Gena!

Yep, we got quite a bit of rain up here, but it was a good weekend anyway. Plus we need the rain! I feel accomplished because I spent all day today pulling out all my aquarium related equipment, food, meds, supplies, etc from all over my apartment. I threw a ton of it out, made a pile of stuff that I need to sell, and then I reorganized everything so it will be easier for me to find things. I figured since I'm doing this whole upgrade, I should really get everything nice and organized finally :)

That clown goby is just too adorable! Love that shot, Gena!

I sooo need to do some organizing myself. Have a little reef supply garage sale :).

I love pico,Nice aquarium.

Chiller?

Thank you! No chiller on this tank. I do use a fan when the temperatures get high. It's supposed to be 88 degrees on Friday. Might be the first time this year to break out the cooling fan :).

Hey Gena! Your tanks are doing so great! And that clown in the mushie... :wub:

Thanks, Anna!!!! Nice to see you around again...I know it's been a while. Hope all is well with you :).

Set back up?

-Dave

Not yet...but I did get the fan :). Thank you!

I got this tank looking sparkly again. Cleaned out a bunch of algae, scraped the walls, just needed some TLC :). I can't believe I was considering taking this one down.

IMG_9431_zpsd5de5f34.jpg

IMG_9436_zpsd02c61fa.jpg

IMG_9435_zpsbd404d19.jpg

IMG_9433_zps3387fa9e.jpg

Love your pictures always. Your shrimp is a star! We're also happy you didn't take it down. :wub:

Thanks, Annette!!!! This is the longest I've kept one of these anemone shrimp alive. I REALLY think having them with RFAs is very important for their long term survival :).

Oh, forgot to mention that while I've had the nanobox Tide light off, because of the dead fan, I ordered and received the 90 degree optics for my par30 bulb from Coral Compulsion. That makes a HUGE difference in the spread of the light and brightness throughout the tank. I'm kinda digging the look. I wish I could figure out how to get this same color using the nanobox Tide light.

It looks beautiful! That's really interesting about the 90 degree optics. I always thought the color of my CC PAR30 was too purple compared to the Nanobox, though. So are you saying it's brighter now, or more spread out? I can't remember what the stock optics were...

love it, gena! is that a new shrimpie??

what kind?? i thought i was caught up on your

thread but maybe it's an old shrimpie from before?

and i spy your green clown goby! love that little

dude and his markings. still sad mine jumped. though

i'm happy with my ycg and hope the gbg does okay!!

It looks beautiful! That's really interesting about the 90 degree optics. I always thought the color of my CC PAR30 was too purple compared to the Nanobox, though. So are you saying it's brighter now, or more spread out? I can't remember what the stock optics were...

Thanks, tee!!!! Yeah, it's reddish purple in my tank too. But I really like that warm coloration. I tend to gravitate toward a more pink hue. And my big tank doesn't have that so I'm enjoying it on this little one. It seems brighter, but it's probably just more spread out now. I don't know what the stock is either. Maybe 60?

love it, gena! is that a new shrimpie??

what kind?? i thought i was caught up on your

thread but maybe it's an old shrimpie from before?

and i spy your green clown goby! love that little

dude and his markings. still sad mine jumped. though

i'm happy with my ycg and hope the gbg does okay!!

Nope, I've had him for a while now. He's a spotted anemone shrimp. I got him from KP Aquatics :).

I think all the little gobies are adorable. They're like little pixies...what's not to love? :wub:

Makes me want to take my RFAs out of the 20 and start their own tank just like this :flower:. Are you going to put the Tide back on?

Do it LOL. Not sure on the lighting. My husband fixed the fan for me yesterday...works like a charm again. Thank goodness for him because I sure as heck wouldn't have been able to fix it myself. He had to solder the thing. For now, it's packed up in a box. I want to give the par30 a try again. At least for a little while. I'm just really liking the warmer color. I think the Tide is a far superior light compared to my par30 but I still want to experiment with this for a bit now that I have the 90 degree optics on it.

We've gone full circle, now. It was your post in this thread about how much of an improvement your Nanobox was over the CC PAR30 that convinced me to make the switch :lol:

I've had several offers to buy my PAR30 but I can't imagine a better emergency backup light. Maybe I'll get the 90 degree lens just in case :)

Do it LOL. Not sure on the lighting. My husband fixed the fan for me yesterday...works like a charm again. Thank goodness for him because I sure as heck wouldn't have been able to fix it myself. He had to solder the thing. For now, it's packed up in a box. I want to give the par30 a try again. At least for a little while. I'm just really liking the warmer color. I think the Tide is a far superior light compared to my par30 but I still want to experiment with this for a bit now that I have the 90 degree optics on it.

I can't--no space! And if they weren't on my desk I'd hardly see the tank. I may need to fiddle with my rockscape.

Looks so clean in those last photos! The way that monti juts out and then the shrimp perched on the end looks like that big rock in the Lion King! That shrimp is too cool!

Tank looks great Gena! I've been throwing around the idea of setting up a 3 gallon pico again. I'd probably just end up upgrading to a bigger nano like you did haha.

We've gone full circle, now. It was your post in this thread about how much of an improvement your Nanobox was over the CC PAR30 that convinced me to make the switch :lol:

I've had several offers to buy my PAR30 but I can't imagine a better emergency backup light. Maybe I'll get the 90 degree lens just in case :)

Yeah, the Tide is definitely an improvement for growth...compared to my par30. But now that I have the 90 degree optics, I'm curious what the difference will be. Just a little experimenting on my part :). Definitely hang onto the par30...it's a great little bulb!

Looks so clean in those last photos! The way that monti juts out and then the shrimp perched on the end looks like that big rock in the Lion King! That shrimp is too cool!

Thanks, Felicia! Another thing I've done, besides pruning algae, is put a bigger filter on this tank. It's made a big difference too. I'm running an AC50 on here now. With filter floss and a bag of chemipure blue.

Did even more pruning today. That "monti" you mentioned is actually blue scroll algae! I actually removed most of it today and I'm going to glue the blue cloves to that spot. The scroll algae was shading my red mushrooms so it's for the better to remove it :).

Tank looks great Gena! I've been throwing around the idea of setting up a 3 gallon pico again. I'd probably just end up upgrading to a bigger nano like you did haha.

Hey, jg :flower:. Thank you!!!!! Go bigger, but not too big LOL. The 3 gallon is a fine tank. Just don't plan to keep RFAs in it..they outgrow it, you can't prune them, and they walk everywhere LOL.

So good to see you posting...it's been a while!!!!!

It's been a very long time since ive posted. I kind of took a hiatus for a while but im back. I need to start a thread for my tank. it went through a crash that I'm just now getting back in line so the tank looks a little empty since I lost most of my corals.

Archived