Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your green clown goby, such an adorable face. I was thinking of getting a goby/shrimp pair but I now I want him instead as I have fine sand and im worrying the pair would make a sand storm in such a shallow tank. do you have any video of him? Looks like he has similar personality to a flame hawk but more friendly.

I love that little goby! Such a model! Its like he poses for photos :)

He's fun to take pictures of :)

I like your green clown goby, such an adorable face. I was thinking of getting a goby/shrimp pair but I now I want him instead as I have fine sand and im worrying the pair would make a sand storm in such a shallow tank. do you have any video of him? Looks like he has similar personality to a flame hawk but more friendly.

Me too :)

I don't have any video. I'll try to find some time to get it for you though. He doesn't do a whole lot. Doesn't go into the water column unless there's food floating around. Even then it's not for long. They are adorable though and once they get used to the tank (and you) they don't run away when you approach the tank :). I think you'd really like having one. Plus they photograph well because they hardly move LOL.

Gonna put the new nanobox light on the tank today, I think. I need to check my pm for install instructions omgomgomg. I hope I don't screw this up fingerscrossed.

This is going to take some getting used to. I need to scrape the side and back walls...you can see everthing now LOL. It's so bright :D.

The color and intensity is definitely different than with the par30 bulb. It's a pretty darn cool light :)

IMG_8417_zps334ed725.jpg

IMG_8415_zps6ed9c165.jpg

This is going to take some getting used to. I need to scrape the side and back walls...you can see everthing now LOL. It's so bright :D.

The color and intensity is definitely different than with the par30 bulb. It's a pretty darn cool light :)

IMG_8417_zps334ed725.jpg

IMG_8415_zps6ed9c165.jpg

Wow! That light makes a hue differene! <3 this tank.

What's the HOB thing?

Wow! That light makes a hue differene! <3 this tank.

What's the HOB thing?

Thanks! It made a huge difference :). I'm already used to it LOL.

That's a HOB filter with built in surface skimmer on the intake. I forget the brand name. If anyone is interested I can look it up.

So I went out but before I did I snapped these photos:

IMG_8420_zps47debd3f.jpg

I LOVE how the new candies look under this light!!!!

IMG_8419_zps271600af.jpg

Shrimpy's blue spots show up better under this light too!

IMG_8418_zps9d141e38.jpg

When I came back I found the tank like this! Surprised me, even though I knew it would be dimming...just never seen this tank in this light before :).

IMG_8421_zps73212c30.jpg

I am so happy with this light :).

What's your settings on your light the channels?

Well I pretty much didn't mess with anything except change Channel A to 140 and Channel B to 80 by Dave's suggestion. I haven't played with it much at all. I left it as it was configured from Dave. I'll mess around with it soon.

Oh...I did put in my geographical location (coordinates) though :).

Welcome to Club Nano-Box! :D Dave sure has worked out a hell of a gorgeous spread of LEDs.

WOW!! It looks like a totally different tank! Your nems just glow under the light and look at all those corals on the side of the tank that I never noticed before!

It's totally different! A good different :). I do have some hidden corals on the sides that you can see now LOL.

I have the old light on the tank again temporarily. I received a faulty 9V adapter and it needs replaced. There's something loose on the inside that causes it not to stay on...go figure. Cheap china made stuff???? :lol:. Anyways...Dave is having a new one sent out to me. In the meantime, I'm back to the par30.

I have the old light on the tank again temporarily. I received a faulty 9V adapter and it needs replaced. There's something loose on the inside that causes it not to stay on...go figure. Cheap china made stuff???? :lol:. Anyways...Dave is having a new one sent out to me. In the meantime, I'm back to the par30.

I had the same issue with a faulty power adapter. Luckily, my dad has spare adapters lying around while I waited for Dave to send me a new one.

I had the same issue with a faulty power adapter. Luckily, my dad has spare adapters lying around while I waited for Dave to send me a new one.

Ok this makes me feel much better. I was thinking I was having such bad luck. First Dave accidentally sent me the wrong attachment for the light to the tank (needed for rimmed tank) and then when I finally get that squared away I find out the adapter isn't working right LOL.

Today I decided to remove the new Tunze 6020 powerhead. It's just too strong for this little tank. I'll hang onto it as I'm sure I'll use it for something someday. Instead I put back in my rio50 and added a rio90 that I had on hand. Seems to be a perfect amount of flow now. Enough to move the SPS polyps and that's what I was looking for :).

I can so much more clearly see the nems on the sand in front and everything to the back. Really outstanding Gena- before the tank just seemed to have a pink/lavender hue, now it's got everything else.

Gena...does your sexy shrimp ever nip at your corals or zoas? Thinking of getting one since im getting 3 more RFA :), i just got drawn to their extremely beautiful coloration.

Your tank is spectacular! I will be following along. Thanks!

Thank you :)

Gena...does your sexy shrimp ever nip at your corals or zoas? Thinking of getting one since im getting 3 more RFA :), i just got drawn to their extremely beautiful coloration.

I have an anemone shrimp. He doesn't mess with anything. I have had sexy shrimp before (never again). They certainly can nip at corals/zoas...from my experience.

Thank you :)

I have an anemone shrimp. He doesn't mess with anything. I have had sexy shrimp before (never again). They certainly can nip at corals/zoas...from my experience.

Well that's good news, I thought sexy and anemone shrimp are the same? I guess not? http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+1135&pcatid=1135 and this is the one I wanted to get: http://finaddictsaltwaterfish.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=124

The corals look fantastic under the new light!

Thank you!!!! I finally have it back up and running again :happydance:.

Well that's good news, I thought sexy and anemone shrimp are the same? I guess not? http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+1135&pcatid=1135 and this is the one I wanted to get: http://finaddictsaltwaterfish.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=124

They are both anemone shrimp but "sexy shrimp" are much smaller and little delinquent brats :lol:. The spotted anemone shrimp (that I have and that you are looking at) are much more well behaved. I haven't seen him to anything "bad" yet :).

Let's see...tank news. I bought a new heater for this tank (like I really need it right now with this 100 degree weather LOL). I've been using one of the recalled stealth heaters :o...but I have it hooked to my Reefkeeper so it can't fry my tank. Anyways...I decided it's time to just replace it. I got one of the Cobalt heaters instead. Gonna put that in today when I do my water change. As I said above, the light is back on and running :wub:. I sure do love it.

Thinking about buying a doser for this tank too. Not the expensive BM, but a similar style by Jebao. It's only around $100.

I also want to get the ATO installed this weekend now that I have the light in place. I needed the space on the back wall to do it and my old light took up too much space. The new light has a tiny base so yay :D.

I think that's it :).

So glad this beautiful tank exists :)

The nanobox is waaaayyyyy better than the par30. My corals love the nanobox light and are much happier/open. I suspect you will find that too.

Ok this makes me feel much better. I was thinking I was having such bad luck. First Dave accidentally sent me the wrong attachment for the light to the tank (needed for rimmed tank) and then when I finally get that squared away I find out the adapter isn't working right LOL.

Today I decided to remove the new Tunze 6020 powerhead. It's just too strong for this little tank. I'll hang onto it as I'm sure I'll use it for something someday. Instead I put back in my rio50 and added a rio90 that I had on hand. Seems to be a perfect amount of flow now. Enough to move the SPS polyps and that's what I was looking for :).

Where did you get your 6020? I'm thinking about getting one for my new cube.

Gena,

That tank is gorgeous!!!

Dave,

Incredible light. You should post some "before & after" photos on your website.

Buy Gena a bottle of Stoli and she will give you the photo rights!

David

I finished reading through all 41 pages today. I hadn't even realized this started out as a picotope! I agree with everyone else, the tank looks amazing with the new light. The smaller anemones near the bottom were difficult to even see before with the par30.

Archived