Cultivated Reef

My Flower Box

gena

Lovely!

I love the new light. Did you get the controller for it as well? I'm in love with my nanobox light

Thanks, A!!!! I did get the storm controller. I haven't even turned the thing on yet LOL. Hopefully this week I can get the whole thing running :D.

Whoa, those ochtodes glow almost as much as your candy canes :o

They do! And I'm constantly having to prune them too :).
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything in your tank is lovely! Its hard to imagine it being any nicer.

Thank you :). I'm pretty happy with it. Just need to get the new light on there and hopefully the SPS will really take off. Plus my poor gorgonian in the back could really use more light!

Gotta do some ochtodes pruning again today :lol:.

Thank you :). I'm pretty happy with it. Just need to get the new light on there and hopefully the SPS will really take off. Plus my poor gorgonian in the back could real

ly use more light!Gotta do some ochtodes pruning again today :lol:.

My goodness, what will the ochtodes do when you get the new light? I love ochtodes and plan to get some for my seahorse tank. I already have some blue clove polyps so I'll add a little more blueish purple to the tank. I always liked purple and green together and with the other macros there is lots of green!

My goodness, what will the ochtodes do when you get the new light? I love ochtodes and plan to get some for my seahorse tank. I already have some blue clove polyps so I'll add a little more blueish purple to the tank. I always liked purple and green together and with the other macros there is lots of green!

I have blue cloves as well...growing like crazy too :happydance:. But they really do kinda blend in with the color of the ochtodes.

I'm not sure what the ochtodes will do LOL. I'm not planning to run the new light full blast. Just a little brighter than what it is now. If anything I think the ochtode's color could fade a bit from too much light. Perhaps? I really don't know :).

One of my all-time favorite fish. Between this little guy and my pink streaked wrasse in my bigger tank...not sure which I :wub: more.

IMG_8253_zps21943b5f.jpg

IMG_8250_zpsdbfa838d.jpg

I think this is the clearest shot I've ever taken of my spotted anemone shrimp :).

IMG_8247_zps8d5df534.jpg

That clown goby is so cute! Hard to feed at all?

Not at all. He's a big fan of cyclopeeze. He also eats NLS pellets (the tiny ones) and small pieces of mysis shrimp. He's a little dream boat :).

He's my buddy. He comes over to the right side of the tank whenever I sit down at my computer. Of course, he's probably looking for hand outs. But that's ok :D.

Not at all. He's a big fan of cyclopeeze. He also eats NLS pellets (the tiny ones) and small pieces of mysis shrimp. He's a little dream boat :).

He's my buddy. He comes over to the right side of the tank whenever I sit down at my computer. Of course, he's probably looking for hand outs. But that's ok :D.

None of my LFS carry cyclopeeze. May have to look into finding some online. He's so cute. Now I want one too :lol:

Love that last shot of the shrip....super colorful pic! -what's the new light?

I ordered a nanobox light from Dave. I think it's called the Tide? I don't even remember LOL. It has big polka dots on it :wub:.

Still waiting on the arm so I can set it up :(.

I messed around with this tank earlier today. I had a frag of green slimer that I put in here. And I moved some rock flowers to a different position in front. Moved the mushrooms all to the right corner. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was able to use the tonga branch that I had in the big tank in this little tank. The slimer is sitting on top of it :).

FTS 8-17-14

8-17-14_zps7680fb68.jpg

IMG_8268_zps2ed6b657.jpg

IMG_8271_zps750abbfe.jpg

I really like the shrooms in the right front, where they can be seen. This tank is a work of art. :)

So how often do you water change in here? Still using the same salt?

I ordered a nanobox light from Dave. I think it's called the Tide? I don't even remember LOL. It has big polka dots on it :wub:.

Still waiting on the arm so I can set it up :(.

I messed around with this tank earlier today. I had a frag of green slimer that I put in here. And I moved some rock flowers to a different position in front. Moved the mushrooms all to the right corner. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was able to use the tonga branch that I had in the big tank in this little tank. The slimer is sitting on top of it :).

FTS 8-17-14

8-17-14_zps7680fb68.jpg

IMG_8268_zps2ed6b657.jpg

IMG_8271_zps750abbfe.jpg

How did you move the RFAs? I want my orange one to move but last time I tried to move one (the green one) I had to cave and move the entire rock it was stuck to until it decided to slide over. Ice cube, hanging upside down, taking out of water, none of that worked for me.

And, your candy canes make me want candy canes.

It's so prettiful!

Your tank is gorgeous!

Wow looks amazing!

Thank you all :flower:

cant wait to see the nanobox over this.

You and me both! I'm still waiting to hear back from Dave. (sigh)

Gena your tanks are so beautiful :wub: .

Thanks, Jason :flower:.

I really like the shrooms in the right front, where they can be seen. This tank is a work of art. :)

So how often do you water change in here? Still using the same salt?

Thank you, Mark :wub:. I do weekly water changes. For a while when I had cyano I would do two a week. Since that went away I've gone back to once a week. If it comes back, I'll go back to twice a week. Still using RSCP :).

How did you move the RFAs? I want my orange one to move but last time I tried to move one (the green one) I had to cave and move the entire rock it was stuck to until it decided to slide over. Ice cube, hanging upside down, taking out of water, none of that worked for me.

And, your candy canes make me want candy canes.

The two I moved were stuck to the same small rock so it worked out perfectly. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to remove them.

Get candy canes! They are my second favorite coral :D.

The two I moved were stuck to the same small rock so it worked out perfectly. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to remove them.

Get candy canes! They are my second favorite coral :D.

I may try aiming a powerhead at it to see if it'll move. Candy canes are on the short list for going on the right side of the 14g, otherwise they'll probably end up in the cube. It's funny because I wasn't drawn to them or plates when I first started reef-keeping and now I want more plates and candy canes :lol:

I may try aiming a powerhead at it to see if it'll move. Candy canes are on the short list for going on the right side of the 14g, otherwise they'll probably end up in the cube. It's funny because I wasn't drawn to them or plates when I first started reef-keeping and now I want more plates and candy canes :lol:

I'd like to find some red candy canes. Coralhut has red and green on eBay. It's tempting :).

I may be having an issue with the green birdsnest :o. I've been watching and I see daily that there is some STN on a part of the bird, starting at the bottom and moving up on one piece. I'm sure it's an alk swing issue. While I was dialing things in on the big tank, this one took a backseat. Alk didn't get super low but maybe with it being in the 7dkh range and then doing a water change with very high Alk levels (RSCP) was too much for it. None of the other SPS are showing stress. I'll just keep watching. I'm all on top of this tank again now so hopefully I can stop that STN. Otherwise I need to find a replacement for that green birdsnest and a yellow fiji leather is top on the list :). Or I could do another variety of trumpets which would be just as cool for me :).

Here's some more green clown goby (and trumpet) love :wub:

IMG_8283_zpsfd96de44.jpg

IMG_8292_zpsdef1e58f.jpg

Another issue could be the lighting too low in that area (good chance). Dave is mailing out the correct arm for the light so I should have it in a couple of days. Hopefully this weekend I can set up the new light. Or it could also be too low of flow (another possibility). I ordered a Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6020 powerhead that will be here on Friday. So anyways...doing what I can to try and save the bird :D.

I'd like to find some red candy canes. Coralhut has red and green on eBay. It's tempting :).

I may be having an issue with the green birdsnest :o. I've been watching and I see daily that there is some STN on a part of the bird, starting at the bottom and moving up on one piece. I'm sure it's an alk swing issue. While I was dialing things in on the big tank, this one took a backseat. Alk didn't get super low but maybe with it being in the 7dkh range and then doing a water change with very high Alk levels (RSCP) was too much for it. None of the other SPS are showing stress. I'll just keep watching. I'm all on top of this tank again now so hopefully I can stop that STN. Otherwise I need to find a replacement for that green birdsnest and a yellow fiji leather is top on the list :). Or I could do another variety of trumpets which would be just as cool for me :).

Here's some more green clown goby (and trumpet) love :wub:

IMG_8283_zpsfd96de44.jpg

IMG_8292_zpsdef1e58f.jpg

Another issue could be the lighting too low in that area (good chance). Dave is mailing out the correct arm for the light so I should have it in a couple of days. Hopefully this weekend I can set up the new light. Or it could also be too low of flow (another possibility). I ordered a Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6020 powerhead that will be here on Friday. So anyways...doing what I can to try and save the bird :D.

Oh nice, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the 6020. Red trumpets would be nice, but I'll admit that most I see look more brown than red. Not as colorful as your green and tealy blues.

Hope your Alk thing works out and you can save the birdnest. After all my alk stupidity with the last tank I'm hesitant to even test it in my tank right now :lol:.

:wub: that green clown goby! & with candy canes too! The envy is strong within me :P

Archived