SaltCritters.com

My Flower Box

gena

I coral shopped today :D. Gorgeous neon green centered trumpets coming soon :happydance:.

2 heads of these :wub:. They will go in place of the green birdsnest that I recently removed.

trumps_zpsb83347f0.jpeg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome tank! Love your latest FTS collection. Did you have any problems with the Rock Flower Anemone touching other corals? I really wanted two of these in my tank somewhere at the bottom of the rock but im afraid they would move around the kill off my other corals.

awesome tank! Love your latest FTS collection. Did you have any problems with the Rock Flower Anemone touching other corals? I really wanted two of these in my tank somewhere at the bottom of the rock but im afraid they would move around the kill off my other corals.

Thanks! I have had zero issue with my rock flowers. They move rarely, and I have never seen them bother anything. They periodically touch other corals during the day (trumpets, zoas, gorgonians, blastos) and I've seen no damage so far. I don't think they pack a big punch with their "sting". I say go for it :). Thanks for visiting!!!!

Thanks! I have had zero issue with my rock flowers. They move rarely, and I have never seen them bother anything. They periodically touch other corals during the day (trumpets, zoas, gorgonians, blastos) and I've seen no damage so far. I don't think they pack a big punch with their "sting". I say go for it :). Thanks for visiting!!!!

Thanks for the tip. I got a red one, can't wait to see her, my very first anemone :)

http://www.saltcritters.com/red-rock-flower-anemone-10/

Very colorful! How many RFA do you have there? Looks like 6-7? do you drip acclimate your RFA? was wondering if i should since I need to acclimate corals anyway.

Very colorful! How many RFA do you have there? Looks like 6-7? do you drip acclimate your RFA? was wondering if i should since I need to acclimate corals anyway.

10 or 11. There's the pink zebra at the very top. An orange one (not visible) behind it..got this one from KPA. A hidden white zebra. The giant orange from Morgan in the middle, 2 more orange ones, a big green one, and 3 VIP colorful rock nems. There's one big green one from Morgan that moved and I haven't seen it for awhile so it may be gone or just hiding. So...10 or 11 :D.

I don't drip acclimate them. Just temp acclimate, pull them out and expose to air for a few seconds, then plop them in where I want them. It helps to turn all the flow off until they attach, which should be almost immediately if they are healthy.

Exciting day for you :).

Beautiful tank- really like the close up pics

Thanks a bunch!!!! :happy:

11 RFA in that tank? wow...you're brave :) For some reason mine still hasn't arrive, I hope UPS drive didn't get drunk last night...lol. I just noticed you don't have fishes in your tank, how come? Also, im wondering if I should QT the RFA for ich preventative, I don't want source water getting into my tank, I heard that once it stuck to glass its hard to get them off without hurting them so I might just skip QT and do couple of tank water dip to completely rinse of source water, what do you think?

Beautiful fts. I am in love with your teal trumpets. I should have ordered some from Morgan when I placed my order with her. I keep going back to her site and eyeing those and that rainbow maxi she has. My tank is so tiny, I'll have to live vicariously through you.

Wow Gena! This lil' tank is looking so good! I shouldn't expect any less from those magical reef hands of yours.

Haha, Gena has ninja-gobies!!!

(Look closely at the close-ups of the trumpets)

Lol! I had to go back & look better myself!

11 RFA in that tank? wow...you're brave :) For some reason mine still hasn't arrive, I hope UPS drive didn't get drunk last night...lol. I just noticed you don't have fishes in your tank, how come? Also, im wondering if I should QT the RFA for ich preventative, I don't want source water getting into my tank, I heard that once it stuck to glass its hard to get them off without hurting them so I might just skip QT and do couple of tank water dip to completely rinse of source water, what do you think?

Too many right? LOL. But they seem happy enough :). Except that one that went missing. Last I saw it was shrunk up pretty small.

I wouldn't bother with QT for the RFA. They'll purge most of the water if you let them sit out for a few seconds before putting them in your tank. You could even dip them in some of your tank water before putting them in to clean off any parasites that might be on them. I highly doubt there would be any though. Doesn't hurt to be extra cautious though.

I have two fishies :). A green clown goby and a masked goby.

I just got the 120w Razor for the 20g Im Fusion tank. What settings do you have on yours? Shiz is confusing LOL

Settings? Beats me LOL. I followed the preset but made it so the intensity doesn't go to 100%. 100% is BRIGHT!!!! Let me know if you didn't figure it out. The manual was surprisingly easy to follow (for once)...hopefully you got one with the fixture! If not, you can probably download it from somewhere.

Very beautiful tank. Congratulations on your success.

Thank you very much :)

Beautiful fts. I am in love with your teal trumpets. I should have ordered some from Morgan when I placed my order with her. I keep going back to her site and eyeing those and that rainbow maxi she has. My tank is so tiny, I'll have to live vicariously through you.

Thank you :). Hopefully someday you can pick them up. They really are an awesome coral!!!!!

Wow!!

I just got some macros for my little 8 gallon and some rock flowers for the 65 from K&P. Made me think of you :flower:

:flower:

I'll have to check your threads for the new stuff!

Haha, Gena has ninja-gobies!!!

(Look closely at the close-ups of the trumpets)

Yep...ninjas for sure LOL.

Wow Gena! This lil' tank is looking so good! I shouldn't expect any less from those magical reef hands of yours.

Lol! I had to go back & look better myself!

Thanks, Wendy!!!! Here's my little sprite.....not in stealth mode :D. If he's not hanging out in the trumpets, he's resting on the mushrooms :wub:.

IMG_8390_zpsce65dd89.jpg

Too many right? LOL. But they seem happy enough :). Except that one that went missing. Last I saw it was shrunk up pretty small.I wouldn't bother with QT for the RFA. They'll purge most of the water if you let them sit out for a few seconds before putting them in your tank. You could even dip them in some of your tank water before putting them in to clean off any parasites that might be on them. I highly doubt there would be any though. Doesn't hurt to be extra cautious though.I have two fishies :). A green clown goby and a masked goby. Settings? Beats me LOL. I followed the preset but made it so the intensity doesn't go to 100%. 100% is BRIGHT!!!! Let me know if you didn't figure it out. The manual was surprisingly easy to follow (for once)...hopefully you got one with the fixture! If not, you can probably download it from somewhere. Thank you very much :) Thank you :). Hopefully someday you can pick them up. They really are an awesome coral!!!!! :flower:I'll have to check your threads for the new stuff! Yep...ninjas for sure LOL. Thanks, Wendy!!!! Here's my little sprite.....not in stealth mode :D. If he's not hanging out in the trumpets, he's resting on the mushrooms :wub:.http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8390_zpsce65dd89.jpg.html'>IMG_8390_zpsce65dd89.jpg

Wow- that is a great shot- excellent color

well my RFA arrived late around 6:30pm (UPS fault) and the bag fell too warm as the box has been sitting in the truck all day, it's 95 here in TX and she's in bad shape, got some guts floating around in the bag, I put her in my QT tank on a piece of frag plug inside a 1/2" tall PVC tube, that way if she attached to the frag plug, it's easy to remove her later if she make it.

post-83775-0-84117300-1409797021_thumb.jpg

well my RFA arrived late around 6:30pm (UPS fault) and the bag fell too warm as the box has been sitting in the truck all day, it's 95 here in TX and she's in bad shape, got some guts floating around in the bag, I put her in my QT tank on a piece of frag plug inside a 1/2" tall PVC tube, that way if she attached to the frag plug, it's easy to remove her later if she make it.

Hope the little guy makes it - What part of Texas are you in? There are a couple of us in the DFW area who are RFA collectors. We can start a discussion offline (PM) if you're interested

Hope the little guy makes it - What part of Texas are you in? There are a couple of us in the DFW area who are RFA collectors. We can start a discussion offline (PM) if you're interested

Well my RFA is toast :( it smell like rotten egg and bottom of its foot is all mushy and guts coming out so I had to pull it out of my tank before it melted into an ammonia spike and affecting my other corals/inverts. I knew this from the moment I received it that it wasn't healthy, thanks to the 2nd video in this post: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/342744-rock-flower-anemone-information-and-appreciation-thread/

post-83775-0-32946500-1409872292_thumb.jpg

Wow- that is a great shot- excellent color

Well my RFA is toast :( it smell like rotten egg and bottom of its foot is all mushy and guts coming out so I had to pull it out of my tank before it melted into an ammonia spike and affecting my other corals/inverts. I knew this from the moment I received it that it wasn't healthy, thanks to the 2nd video in this post: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/342744-rock-flower-anemone-information-and-appreciation-thread/

Ugh...so sorry :(. I've had that happen as well. Lost 2 or maybe it was 3 in one shipment from an overheated box. Mine looked just like that and I know the smell very well :wacko:. Sorry again. Hopefully the next RFA purchase will go much more smoothly. I haven't checked recently but KPA was selling WYSIWYG RFAs. I've had good luck with them :). Morgan too...she sells nice ones occasionally.

Ugh...so sorry :(. I've had that happen as well. Lost 2 or maybe it was 3 in one shipment from an overheated box. Mine looked just like that and I know the smell very well :wacko:. Sorry again. Hopefully the next RFA purchase will go much more smoothly. I haven't checked recently but KPA was selling WYSIWYG RFAs. I've had good luck with them :). Morgan too...she sells nice ones occasionally.

Yeah...I'm going to look wait a bit before I try again, at least they gave me store credit for it. I have one more coming, lets see how it turns out, may be im lucky this time. I don't think it was the heat though, the base was damaged when it was removed so it's already toast.

Yeah...I'm going to look wait a bit before I try again, at least they gave me store credit for it. I have one more coming, lets see how it turns out, may be im lucky this time. I don't think it was the heat though, the base was damaged when it was removed so it's already toast.

I hope that one did well!!!!!

Got my new red and green trumpets last week. I put them where the green birdsnest used to be. They will grow in a round pattern so I also moved the tunze powerhead to the opposite side to give the trumpets some space. I want to be able to remove the pump if necessary and the new position will make that possible. Here are some photos with the new trumpets. I think they'll fill that space in nicely :D. Love my candies :wub:.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/9-6-14_zps00c1c083.jpg.html'>9-6-14_zps00c1c083.jpg

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8405_zps4ef931b4.jpg.html'>IMG_8405_zps4ef931b4.jpg

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8408_zps3d82b59a.jpg.html'>IMG_8408_zps3d82b59a.jpg

and my little love

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/IMG_8401_zps848c3750.jpg.html'>IMG_8401_zps848c3750.jpg

I didn't know candies comes in red? nice find! I love my neon green ones, they chucks up mysis like mad :)

Yeah, I've seen them as all red or this red and green variety. To me it's more of a pink/brown shade but maybe over time it gets more red. Guess I'll find out. I really love this variety though.

They are fun to feed :).

Archived