Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

Little tanks are great that way.

For sure. I'm pretty sure when I move in a few years, only this little tank is coming with me :lol:.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took some new photos today. The blue ochtodes has really taken off lately. I need to prune it.

June 2014 FTS

6-7-14no6_zps0bf513b0.jpg

6-7-14no3_zps7a999ff1.jpg

6-7-14no4_zps25ed6796.jpg

6-7-14no5_zps0affaa71.jpg

6-7-14no8_zpsa3d4731f.jpg

Wow. :)

So the photos make it look very bright. Is it as bright as your big tank?

Yep...actually I think the colors are more rich in this tank because they are warmer shades. I have a lot of cool colors in the big tank. I don't tweak it at all, those colors are true to life :).

such a pretty little tank. Nice cover. I bought the BRS kit for my 34, just haven't made it yet.

Thank you :happy:. Those kits rock :).
Mr. Microscope

Beautiful Gena!

That nem in the middle is massive. At first, I thought it was like four or five of the same one. Do these things split? Is it possible to frag them in half?

Beautiful Gena!

That nem in the middle is massive. At first, I thought it was like four or five of the same one. Do these things split? Is it possible to frag them in half?

Thank you :flower:

Yeah, that's my biggest one. It's always curled up like that, luckily :lol:. They don't split and you can't cut them. I don't think I've heard of any success stories from cutting them in half.

Beautiful! Is it just the pics or do you have virtually no light spilling out of the tank? Looks awesome!

Beautiful! Is it just the pics or do you have virtually no light spilling out of the tank? Looks awesome!

Thank you!!!! :flower:

I wouldn't say no light, but very, very little. It's a Par30 LED bulb so maybe that makes the difference :).

Thank you!!!! :flower:

I wouldn't say no light, but very, very little. It's a Par30 LED bulb so maybe that makes the difference :).

I love that look. Looks like the corals are glowing from the inside unlike the common tank which looks like a reflection of the light coming from above.

Gorgeous new photos! I love the color you get from that light! Your rock nems are getting huge! How often do you feed them? I feed mine some mysis every other day or so and I'm seeing a bit of growth.

I love that look. Looks like the corals are glowing from the inside unlike the common tank which looks like a reflection of the light coming from above.

I agree...it's similar to tanks that have an enclosed hood on top :).

Gorgeous new photos! I love the color you get from that light! Your rock nems are getting huge! How often do you feed them? I feed mine some mysis every other day or so and I'm seeing a bit of growth.

Thanks, Felicia!!!! I hope the nano box tide gives me a similar look. I do love the colors on this one but I have a lot of dark corners which I'm hoping the new light will fix :).

I feed them every other day, typically. Sometimes I'll go 2 days in between feedings. I give them frozen mysis.

Gena, what kind of mutant life form is that purple monticap you gave me? Crazy thing is going NUTS!

Also after being closed and looking quite dead, I thing CAPT Murica is coming back!

Gena, what kind of mutant life form is that purple monticap you gave me? Crazy thing is going NUTS!

Also after being closed and looking quite dead, I thing CAPT Murica is coming back!

LOL...awesome! Double awesome :D.

When do you go to Austin again?

Wow.....As incredible as those photos are....still doesn't do this tank justice. Looks amazing, G! Come make my tank pretty. :^ )

Wow.....As incredible as those photos are....still doesn't do this tank justice. Looks amazing, G! Come make my tank pretty. :^ )

This....

One would hope!

Want me to look at the local LFS and send you some real estate flyers???

OK :). You don't have to do the real estate flyers LOL. I was looking at Austin real estate online today. Found a really nice ranch with 106 acres for 5.5 million. I have 4 years to save that up :lol:. But it was fun checking out what's available there :).

Thanks, D :flower:. What are you up to today? Building?
OK :). You don't have to do the real estate flyers LOL. I was looking at Austin real estate online today. Found a really nice ranch with 106 acres for 5.5 million. I have 4 years to save that up :lol:. But it was fun checking out what's available there :). Thanks, D :flower:. What are you up to today? Building?

Yep. Made a gate for our garden. The puppy kept squeezing through and pulling things out of the compost bin

Yep. Made a gate for our garden. The puppy kept squeezing through and pulling things out of the compost bin

I figured you were building something again :). We have to gate off the area with my garden as well..the dogs would have a field day back there otherwise LOL.

Took some new photos today. The blue ochtodes has really taken off lately. I need to prune it.

June 2014 FTS

6-7-14no6_zps0bf513b0.jpg

6-7-14no3_zps7a999ff1.jpg

6-7-14no4_zps25ed6796.jpg

6-7-14no5_zps0affaa71.jpg

6-7-14no8_zpsa3d4731f.jpg

sweet_jesus.gif

Archived