Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

jedimasterben

Have you tried some cheap garlic flake food, or dipping food in garlic. That always works for me, especially when I had an ich outbreak in my 150.

Garlic only gives food a different smell that can entice fish into eating if they are not normally - anything beyond that is placebo. ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garlic only gives food a different smell that can entice fish into eating if they are not normally - anything beyond that is placebo. ;)

Yes, that was my point silly, to trick the fish into eating. :)

Have you tried some cheap garlic flake food, or dipping food in garlic. That always works for me, especially when I had an ich outbreak in my 150.

I'll try that today. I don't have a fishy product with garlic in it, but I have some fresh garlic for cooking. I'll marinate their food in it today fingerscrossed.

Great news!!!! The neon goby ate a bunch yesterday :happydance:. She looks so much better too. I put garlic in the food yesterday morning. Not sure that's what enticed her or if she was just feeling a lot better and ready to eat. In the evening I didn't do the garlic and she still ate the food.

As long as I can keep this tank stable, I'm expecting a full recovery :).

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Great news!!!! The neon goby ate a bunch yesterday :happydance:. She looks so much better too. I put garlic in the food yesterday morning. Not sure that's what enticed her or if she was just feeling a lot better and ready to eat. In the evening I didn't do the garlic and she still ate the food.

As long as I can keep this tank stable, I'm expecting a full recovery :).

Good luck!

oh gena, not the green clown goby!!

:tears:

i loved that little dude!

i'm so sorry for your set back. i hope

things turn out okay. major HUGS!!!! <3

Good luck!

Does sound really good!!!

Yep fingerscrossed

oh gena, not the green clown goby!!

:tears:

i loved that little dude!

i'm so sorry for your set back. i hope

things turn out okay. major HUGS!!!! <3

Yeah....so sad :tears:. The little tank is looking better than ever and the remaining fish are doing great so things are otherwise OK :).

MAX was great! No flaming prawn gobys though :(

Well, good to know. That's the only thing I'm after right now :). Glad to hear it was a fun time!

Ok guys....not so good news. Sunday I lost the neon goby. Which was a shock to me. But after examining her up close, she had a lump on her underside. Which I did see when she was still alive, but wasn't quite sure what it was. She obviously had an organ issue. I didn't examine any further than just outside appearance :wacko: . I didn't find her until later in the day and noticed my ammonia badge not looking quite so yellow. I tested the water and found the ammonia was elevated to .25. So I threw in some ammo lock. Ruby seemed to be doing fine and still ate.

Well, next day she was dead too :(. Two terrible blows. Well 4 terrible blows for my 4 lost fish. So just wanted to let you guys know.

Otherwise, the tank has never looked better. I think I'll stick with no fish in this tank. Just inverts. I might try to find a pom pom crab for this tank.

For some reason the ochtodes is taking off. I'd have thought it would slow down with no fish poop but it's growing faster than ever. Things that make you go hmmmmmm :lol:.

Here are some photos:

IMG_9924_zpsmkkwjcox.jpg

IMG_9917_zpsq7nyta8j.jpg

IMG_9920_zpsa2yem0sv.jpg

IMG_9921_zpsnpn9awmr.jpg

Man that sucks! All those fish! Truly sorry

Well... at least the tank looks great. Definitely get a Pom pom for that tank, they're always entertaining.

Really nice shot of your anemone crab btw

Can't click the like button even though the tank itself is doing alright :mellow: sorry to hear about the fish :(.

I keep debating whether or not to try and emulate this tank with my 10g because I'm not in love with its rock structure. How many RFAs do you have in here?

Oh my Gena!! Any fish is such a loss but to lose a long term fish you had like your goby who has a partner in the other tank and then newest love Ruby, it's so unfortunate.

But apparently your crab thinks it's king of the mountain!!! I'm gonna have to get myself some here soon.

Thanks you guys! It's always a bummer to lose a fish but 4 :wacko:. I know it happens and luckily it's like a once in 20 years thing for me :).

Can't click the like button even though the tank itself is doing alright :mellow: sorry to hear about the fish :(.

I keep debating whether or not to try and emulate this tank with my 10g because I'm not in love with its rock structure. How many RFAs do you have in here?

Thanks, Jaime! I have 4 rock flowers...the biggest is right in front there and home to my porcelain crab :). I have one VIP anemone left and it's hidden below the blastos. And two orange ones...I think those are from KPA.

Oh no, sorry for the losses Gena.

If we lived closer I'd give you my pom poms. Good luck finding one.

Thanks :). Your crazy aggressive pom pom crab (that was yours right?) would have been perfect for my fishless tank too :).

Thanks :). Your crazy aggressive pom pom crab (that was yours right?) would have been perfect for my fishless tank too :).

Yeah, that was mine. I was going to say that, but didn't want to rub salt in the wound :(

He hitchhiked into the new tank and I already caught him chasing my little goby. Tiny jerk.

Yeah, that was mine. I was going to say that, but didn't want to rub salt in the wound :(

He hitchhiked into the new tank and I already caught him chasing my little goby. Tiny jerk.

Oh no :lol:. I hope you can get him!!!!!

Archived