ReefCleaners.org

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

1280x800

Here you go: 1280x800

Any change of also posting one 2880 x 1800?

Sorry to bother you, but that tank is INSANITYYYYYY

Here you go: 2880x1800

Seeing these large makes me realise how scratched my tank is. Doh.

• Like 2

Still looking good ;)

I might've missed it somewhere, but did you change your substrate? It looks coarser.

Thanks. I did yes, I prefer the Fiji Pink but I can always change that back at some point. :)

Thanks. I did yes, I prefer the Fiji Pink but I can always change that back at some point. :)

Haha, I like the coarser stuff! What's this current substrate called?

• Like 1

Hey Shaun, so I'm beginning a build with a custom 38x24x16 (inches) rimless. I am going the ATI Sunpower 36 with the four bulbs. I was looking at the dimma leader version since it's only $80 more. What do you think of these? It should I just go with the regular like yours? I like the ramping up and down since I currently have a Kessil 360 with the Kessil controller on my current tank. But I want to go with the ATI Sunpower now. Thanks!

Haha, I like the coarser stuff! What's this current substrate called?

Its the KZ aragonite.

Hey Shaun, so I'm beginning a build with a custom 38x24x16 (inches) rimless. I am going the ATI Sunpower 36 with the four bulbs. I was looking at the dimma leader version since it's only $80 more. What do you think of these? It should I just go with the regular like yours? I like the ramping up and down since I currently have a Kessil 360 with the Kessil controller on my current tank. But I want to go with the ATI Sunpower now. Thanks!

I have the dimmable version, I prefer it because it has a built in timer and one cable (I hate cables) - the regular Sunpower has 3 cables. I don't ramp my bulbs or dim them. What corals are you looking to keep?
  • Like 1

Its the KZ aragonite. I have the dimmable version, I prefer it because it has a built in timer and one cable (I hate cables) - the regular Sunpower has 3 cables. I don't ramp my bulbs or dim them. What corals are you looking to keep?

Agreed. I hate cables as well. I didn't know you had the dimmable version! ?

I plan on keep about 80% SPS and 20% LPS.

You should be aware that the dimming on T5 is nothing like dimming on LED. The T5 can only be dimmed slightly and is no where near as dramatic as LED.

jedimasterben

You should be aware that the dimming on T5 is nothing like dimming on LED. The T5 can only be dimmed slightly and is no where near as dramatic as LED.

Actually, they can be dimmed very very low, but nowhere near as low as LEDs can via PWM. In addition, dimming T5 drastically reduces their usable lifespan (despite claims by both Giesemann and ATI saying it doesn't) and dimming them for more than ~10-20 minutes from off to full power will shorten their life down to a couple of months.

Agreed. I hate cables as well. I didn't know you had the dimmable version!

I plan on keep about 80% SPS and 20% LPS.

Yah man. It's a sexy beast. :lol: If you're going that much into SPS I'd suggest you get the 6 bulb version. It should be perfect for that size tank. :)
  • Like 2

Yah man. It's a sexy beast. :lol: If you're going that much into SPS I'd suggest you get the 6 bulb version. It should be perfect for that size tank. :)

I think for now I'm going with the four (trying not to stretch the budget too much since a lot is going to the skimmer) for right now. What bulb mix do you recommend? But to make sure, the dimmable is definitely the better choice?

wrassegauche17

dimmable ATI has come in handy so many times, acclimating corals, acclimating fish, etc worth few extra bucks.

2 ABSpecial, 2 Coral+, 2 Blue+.

great fixture, goodluck!

I think for now I'm going with the four (trying not to stretch the budget too much since a lot is going to the skimmer) for right now. What bulb mix do you recommend? But to make sure, the dimmable is definitely the better choice?

I'd rather get a 6 bulb non dimmable than a 4 bulb dimmable. :) For 4 bulb I'd go 2 x ATI B+ and 2 x ATI Coral +

• Like 2

The Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse turned into a complete asshole, it started nipping at my fish and mostly the Clownfish (all the time), so it's been re-homed. Jerk. :rant: My Royal Gramma randomly died one day as well, did water tests and nothing appears off. So bizarre, it looked very healthy.

Beautiful! How much was it? Around $60? What would that be in rand, 700?

They retail at somewhere around that probably yes. I didn't pay that though. :)
  • Like 1

I'm replacing my sand due to constant shifts in sand piles - could you tell me the name of the sand you now use? It looks to me like the Red sea ocean white.

I'm replacing my sand due to constant shifts in sand piles - could you tell me the name of the sand you now use? It looks to me like the Red sea ocean white.

As braaap says, the coarse substrate is KZ Aragonite. It wont move around unless you have crazy flow, it's been fine even with both my MP10s at full power. That said, my Fiji Pink didn't blow around either after a few months. So don't rush it IMO. :)

It's been far too long since I last checked in Sean but I have to say, things are looking amazing! Looks like you have had some ups and downs since the start of the year but looks like you have pulled through. Congrats on the little one as well, such a cutie. I also like the heater controller you put in, I may steal that idea for myself, controller is only $16AUD shipper from Hong Kong on eBay ;).

I have to say, your tank has been one of the biggest inspirations for me wanting to go ahead and upgrade. I love the dimensions and I love the stocking :).

HarryPotter

Tank is beautiful, as always!

I also use KZ aragonite and am having some blowing around, but I'm hoping in time it will clump more

Love that Anthias :wub:

Looking at my stocking options, many if not all of the Anthias and Wrasse need a tank much larger than both mine and yours. Do you find that buying them as juveniles and moving them on (?) works well? That's assuming you need to move them on? As an example, the Lori's requires a tank of 70 gallons which is almost twice the size of your tank.