Cultivated Reef

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Very nice, you wont regret that purchase ever.

It makes sense for sure. So much easier.

Beautiful set-up! Makes me want to have a wider tank :) Out of curiosity, do you plan on running a chiller unit? Is there need for it where you are located?

Thanks. I don't think I'll need a chiller no. My office stays quite cool all through summer, however, I might install some fans if it starts struggling to keep cool. If the tank was upstairs in my living room I'd definitely need one - there is a big temperature difference. :)

Thanks. I don't think I'll need a chiller no. My office stays quite cool all through summer, however, I might install some fans if it starts struggling to keep cool. If the tank was upstairs in my living room I'd definitely need one - there is a big temperature difference. :)

That's awesome! Chilllers are a hassle and expensive. I would never again put a tank upstairs due to a previous tank disaster by overheating, and where I live summers don't get anywhere near your temperatures. This is going to be a sick build. Tagging along!

That's awesome! Chilllers are a hassle and expensive. I would never again put a tank upstairs due to a previous tank disaster by overheating, and where I live summers don't get anywhere near your temperatures. This is going to be a sick build. Tagging along!

That they are, I'm saving that money to put towards an Apex when they eventually bring one out in 220-240volt. <_<

a fan + controller works great. My tank used to fluxuate like crazy until I hooked the fan/heater to a controller.

Will go this route eventually. Apparently the international version will be ready "soon" - but from what I've read the "soon" has been a couple of years already. Haha.

That's the single best purchase a reefer can make IMO. Good choice!

The more I think about it, the happier I am I got it. B)

BeardedReeferLLC

Will go this route eventually. Apparently the international version will be ready "soon" - but from what I've read the "soon" has been a couple of years already. Haha.

No it will be very soon, I've seen the int' version at MACNA.

• Like 1

Neatening up the sump today. Herbie overflow, nothing fancy, two chambers - one for skimmer and return and the other a built in ATO reservoir (in the front) ; looking forward to firing up the Diablo 160xs. :scarry:

tank_007.jpg

Looks really clean. My only concern would be the power strip is a little close to the water lol but that's just mean.

Beautiful tank tho!

Just realized you already answered this question. Please excuse my stupidity lol

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey man, congrats on a RODI System. Its one of those additions like Auto Top Off, or Dosers... Or a fancy new pump, it just makes life so much easier, and I not only use mine for reef, I drink the RO through a faucet I installed!

Enjoy the luxuries!

Hey man, congrats on a RODI System. Its one of those additions like Auto Top Off, or Dosers... Or a fancy new pump, it just makes life so much easier, and I not only use mine for reef, I drink the RO through a faucet I installed!

Enjoy the luxuries!

I have a feeling my better half might be doing that, her Canadian blood prefers the purest of water. :P I'll drink anything. Haha.

And yes, it's good to not be a student anymore, well, let me rephrase, it's good to not be on my student budget of the past. :D

SouthFlorida_Tron

My wife is the same way, was all for it when it involved having healthy water to drink! LOL, I looked at it as not lugging jugs of water to and from the LFS anymore.

My wife is the same way, was all for it when it involved having healthy water to drink! LOL, I looked at it as not lugging jugs of water to and from the LFS anymore.

It's a classic win win. omgomgomg

I'd recommend adding a baffle or three in the back chamber to separate your skimmer from your return.. This will allow you to have a set water level for the skimmer, reduce the chance of micro bubbles getting into your display and reduce the amount of evap needed to trigger your ato.

tank_007.jpg

• Like 1