Pod Your Reef

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

I don't know what causes the ultra but you can have red and green make orange and other colors so it's whatever is in the gene pool past plus current combinations. Ultras don't necessarily make ultras either is what I hear. They can make brown too. Win some, lose some, I just WANT some. Seriously after what I've been through w/ acquiring the 60, and 3 bouts of cyano and lastly dino, I'm ready for the 40g. Less water to lug down 14 stairs too.

I think it'll be the jump start I need to feel excited again. I have no idea where to post since I have rfas all over the place right now. Will be nice to have them in one place again.

Hey remember that little baby thingy (white-ish) that was in the 60 before it was totally broken down? Did you ever figure out what that was?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey remember that little baby thingy (white-ish) that was in the 60 before it was totally broken down? Did you ever figure out what that was?

Nope, never saw it again. Yeah, I found it and put it in my 34, then next morning, totally gone. It was cute too.

Nope, never saw it again. Yeah, I found it and put it in my 34, then next morning, totally gone. It was cute too.

It was cute! I wonder if it will show up one day.

Sebastian is doing well. He's coming to the glass when he knows I'm near. So hopefully his fins will fill in more. I only feed him 3 pellets a day once a day.

Your little Sebastian inspired my 15 year old daughter. She was looking over my shoulder and saw him and liked him very much. She just set up a 10 gallon for some african dwarf frogs and bettas are compatable with them. Both shy slow eaters. While we were in town today she bought a little bright blue one. She is going to put a few pygmy cats in there and maybe a ghost shrimp or two and be done. Glad your little guy is doing well. They really do have a lot of personality.

It was cute! I wonder if it will show up one day.

I'd like it too. Just a mystery.

Your little Sebastian inspired my 15 year old daughter. She was looking over my shoulder and saw him and liked him very much. She just set up a 10 gallon for some african dwarf frogs and bettas are compatable with them. Both shy slow eaters. While we were in town today she bought a little bright blue one. She is going to put a few pygmy cats in there and maybe a ghost shrimp or two and be done. Glad your little guy is doing well. They really do have a lot of personality.

Oh sweet, you'll have to include some pics on your thread. What name did she give it?

She named him Mark. I'll snap a shot and post it on my thread. That daugher is special needs and likes bright colors and a lot of bling. I call her my spicy girl. She has hot pink gravel and has stuck gems all over the trim of the tank. She also wanted to make her own backround, so today I cut a piece of poster board to fit the back of the tank. She decorated it and then I took contact paper and lamenated both sides of it to keep it safe from water. (like when you let kids make their own place mats to protect them) She was very excited.

Three pellets a day...I will have to tell her that so she does not over feed the little guy. :)

Three pellets a day...I will have to tell her that so she does not over feed the little guy. :)

Yeah, most die from overfeeding and water conditions. Water needs to be changed frequently but if you have filtration and carbon, sponge, etc you probably only have to do a water change once a month but always check w/ freshwater test kit weekly to see where you stand.

Thanks for the info. I will tell her. She does have a filter. My other daugher has a ten gallon as well and we try to do a water change at least every other week on hers. Will do this one at the same time then.

• 4 weeks later...

The pump went out so I moved my harlequin out of the fuge into Nameless & Shameless. Moved the rock that was in the fuge among Gertie's tank and Nameless & Shameless. Move the caulerpa and some red macro into Nameless & Shameless. Turned off the light and skimmer and the fuge can be cleaned out next weekend. Moved the heater to the display. No point in taking the 60g pump and putting it in there since I'll be moving in 4 mos.

10g water change done today, then I did it for Nameless & Shameless. Now making water for Gertie's tank.

Not bad, started 2 hrs ago so the fact that I'm starting this last one soon is great.

Boy, thats a lot of work! But you are making great time really. I can easily spend 2 hours on just my one tank when I am cleaning and such. But I use that time as my take a break/relaxing time...my husband watches all the children...so I guess I stretch it out some sometimes. :)

Boy, thats a lot of work! But you are making great time really. I can easily spend 2 hours on just my one tank when I am cleaning and such. But I use that time as my take a break/relaxing time...my husband watches all the children...so I guess I stretch it out some sometimes. :)

nothing wrong w/ that. Just finished Gertie's tank at 4. Now I think it's nap time before I later get up and make dinner so I have lunch for several days and then scramble some eggs w/ peppers & onions to put into containers for breakfast all week. I don't like to get up any earlier than I have to for work. Eating breakfast happens at work.

Thats great to plan ahead meals like that. It does save time. With all the people in our home left overs are not the norm let alone planing ahead from meal to meal. When I didnt have infants I made huge made from scracth meals. Ground wheat and baked bread. Someday I will get back to it all. To many little right now to do any planning from day to day. So excited for you about the planning and moving.

This 34g is amazing! My God.

Thank You. To me it's just a mess with all the corals in it because it had to become a home for the flowers too until I move.

Comparison photos.

Before.

20150131_163350_zpsbn3siev5.jpg

After.

20150808_212612_zpsgrxi8kcv.jpg

I think it looked very nice before but I love all the flowers now nestled together everywhere in there. So pretty!

Thank You. To me it's just a mess with all the corals in it because it had to become a home for the flowers too until I move.

Comparison photos.

Before.

20150131_163350_zpsbn3siev5.jpg

After.

20150808_212612_zpsgrxi8kcv.jpg

I'm a fan of the after shot all the way!

ha haha. But I like some open space!!! I can barely sand baste in there. I can't find my diamond goby. Probably got lost or eaten by a serpent star.

Nice growth comparison at least looking at the chalice, monti cap, and toadstool!

Thanks, and that's after I've been trimming away at the monti. The toadstool right now is finally opening up after about a week of shedding. Every time it does that it makes me check the water quality just in case.

Sure does, can't wait to unload some of it. We have a local reefing group and we have our 2nd meeting ever mid Sept. I'll have to decide between now and then what corals I may sell if I don't want to move them in Nov when I move.

Sure does, can't wait to unload some of it. We have a local reefing group and we have our 2nd meeting ever mid Sept. I'll have to decide between now and then what corals I may sell if I don't want to move them in Nov when I move.

All the flowers are for sure going with me! Gotta get that set up and make them look pretty in a tank all their own.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Me too! ha ha.. Esp since I don't have a house yet.

However, I'll be putting an offer on a property in a couple days and then I meet with the modular builder on Thurs or Mon to discuss floor plans.

Archived