Top Shelf Aquatics

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Thank you...I give all the glory to God for all He does for me and thru me.

I have been inspired by your Rock Flower tank. I, in a short time, now have six RFA's. I am not trying to breed them, just really like them alot. I bought some sexy shrimp and they walk all over them and look cute with them. Thanks for the inspiration or I never would have tried them and I do enjoy them so much.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlowerMama

My goal was just to have many as I love the variety in colors, patterns, shapes of tentacles however if they get it on so be it. :D Glad they share the love :wub: .

There really are so many colors and patterns out there. When our youngest child is old enough to move out of my bedroom, I want to put a 10 gallon or another 20 long in my bedroom just devoted to mostly RFA I like them so much. I saw a pink one recently sold on Ebay and there is a red and pink striped one on there now. So pretty.

Update on 34g. Doing fine. Been turning off flow here & there and hitting up w/ Aptasia Rx. Full house in here. Did pinch off some montipora there so the chalice could grow.

20150709_210617_zpsyham3htn.jpg

20150709_210443_zpsyyd5zflq.jpg

And a wonderful shot of the grandis paly. It started w/ 2 heads & 1 baby head. Now has 7 for sure.

20150709_210418_zpspa8iocrm.jpg

So many happy flowers! :flower::flower::flower:

There are 14-15 in that location alone. Some just on sides of rocks you can't see.

Looks awsome. Really makes me think I might need bigger tank sooner than later :(

Well, as you know, these will be relocated back to the 60 so it's only temporary holding.

I moved the rocks with the nems on them, so it'd be just relocating them back in that tank once cycled. Those rocks were never part of this tank. I'll be using some rock from Gertie's tank and the 34 fuge to set the bacteria, along w the Bacter Boost Gena sent me. Then the others I have to take up w/ a credit card that are planted to the bottom. I'll also have the fuge rock from the 60 in there cycling with it. That I sat in RO/DI first, and sat outside to bake.

I'm gonna have my friend look at my 60 with me- she has the same tank. When I took sand out I found a spot on the front left corner by the silicone that I'm not sure. Have to take a pic of it. It's discolored so I don't know if there's air under there or what so that's why I'm also holding off. As much as I hate the issue w/ the LFS I had when ordering the Deep Blue Tank, I may need to take the pic and show it to her. I need to know if it's anything to worry about or silicone over, or what. I don't want to start it up to find out I'll have an issue a year from now. And after hearing of so many tanks busting from all different brands, it's discouraging and scary, esp w/ potentially 60g of water on the carpet in the place I rent.

Flowers look so happy and beautiful. Very nice tank. And the palys are huge. Very nice.

A week or so ago I bought two rock flower anemones from a store and both seem to be not doing well. They both have stopped latching onto the rock work and wont eat. One was upside down on the sand this morning back in the back of the tank. Should I fish them out and put them in a plastic box on the rim of my aquarium and try to force feed them? Ones mouth was gapping yeaterday. :( Have you ever dealt with this?

Flowers look so happy and beautiful. Very nice tank. And the palys are huge. Very nice.

A week or so ago I bought two rock flower anemones from a store and both seem to be not doing well. They both have stopped latching onto the rock work and wont eat. One was upside down on the sand this morning back in the back of the tank. Should I fish them out and put them in a plastic box on the rim of my aquarium and try to force feed them? Ones mouth was gapping yeaterday. :( Have you ever dealt with this?

No I haven't. Do you have a picture? Now I've had a hard time before getting some to latch on the sand altogether. One took 1.5 wks w/ flow off because I had to get it to latch, otherwise the flow was picking them up and moving them around. I know there mouths can sometimes be tight as drums and other times open like they're going to spawn, even puffed out like a bad lip augmentation so they can do unique things with their mouths.

No I haven't. Do you have a picture? Now I've had a hard time before getting some to latch on the sand altogether. One took 1.5 wks w/ flow off because I had to get it to latch, otherwise the flow was picking them up and moving them around. I know there mouths can sometimes be tight as drums and other times open like they're going to spawn, even puffed out like a bad lip augmentation so they can do unique things with their mouths.

Thanks for posting a response. That makes me feel a lot better. Neither have eated the whole time I have had them but my other ones that are established eat like piggies. Today is the first time I finally think my yellow one has attached to a rock in the back of my aquaruim. Niether look great but my little green guy is the one that looked really bad yesterday. Still not latching on after being here over a week and getting blown around. Today I fished him out as he was upside down in the sand. I gently put him in a low flow area in a divit in the rock. He was still there a few hours later but still not attached. Almost upside down again. I will leave him alone and hope he attaches. I will get a picture for you tomorrow when my lights come back on. I dont like it when any animal I have is not doing well.

Thanks for posting a response. That makes me feel a lot better. Neither have eated the whole time I have had them but my other ones that are established eat like piggies. Today is the first time I finally think my yellow one has attached to a rock in the back of my aquaruim. Niether look great but my little green guy is the one that looked really bad yesterday. Still not latching on after being here over a week and getting blown around. Today I fished him out as he was upside down in the sand. I gently put him in a low flow area in a divit in the rock. He was still there a few hours later but still not attached. Almost upside down again. I will leave him alone and hope he attaches. I will get a picture for you tomorrow when my lights come back on. I dont like it when any animal I have is not doing well.

Who knows if the lfs removed it from his tank too harshly, maybe it was slightly damaged. Did they look damaged on the underside or did they look happy and inflated?

Who knows if the lfs removed it from his tank too harshly, maybe it was slightly damaged. Did they look damaged on the underside or did they look happy and inflated?

I posted some pictures over in my thread for you to see and give me your opinion on. I didnt know if I posted them here if they would use up your alloted bytes or not so just did a post to my thread. It is under My 20 Long Journey

Thanks so very much!

I posted some pictures over in my thread for you to see and give me your opinion on. I didnt know if I posted them here if they would use up your alloted bytes or not so just did a post to my thread. It is under My 20 Long Journey

Thanks so very much!

Great, I'll go look and now I can be subscribed to your thread.

Sebastian is doing well. He's coming to the glass when he knows I'm near. So hopefully his fins will fill in more. I only feed him 3 pellets a day once a day.

My tiny reef

Update on 34g. Doing fine. Been turning off flow here & there and hitting up w/ Aptasia Rx. Full house in here. Did pinch off some montipora there so the chalice could grow.

20150709_210617_zpsyham3htn.jpg

20150709_210443_zpsyyd5zflq.jpg

And a wonderful shot of the grandis paly. It started w/ 2 heads & 1 baby head. Now has 7 for sure.

20150709_210418_zpspa8iocrm.jpg

I'm sure you are ready to get the RFA tank set back up, but wow! Those are pretty all snuggled together!!

I'm sure you are ready to get the RFA tank set back up, but wow! Those are pretty all snuggled together!!

I am after all the issues I had. I bought the 40g from Petco today. I'm actually excited now about a downgrade and making it simpler.

My tiny reef

I am after all the issues I had. I bought the 40g from Petco today. I'm actually excited now about a downgrade and making it simpler.

I'm excited to see it back up and running, you inspired me to give RFAs a go. I have a tiny collection now and will see how it goes. I don't have any ultra varieties like yours but maybe the babies (if there are any) will be cool originals. Either way it's exciting to think about stocking a RFA dominant tank with my own babies and maybe having enough to trade for other stuff.

I'm excited to see it back up and running, you inspired me to give RFAs a go. I have a tiny collection now and will see how it goes. I don't have any ultra varieties like yours but maybe the babies (if there are any) will be cool originals. Either way it's exciting to think about stocking a RFA dominant tank with my own babies and maybe having enough to trade for other stuff.

I don't know what causes the ultra but you can have red and green make orange and other colors so it's whatever is in the gene pool past plus current combinations. Ultras don't necessarily make ultras either is what I hear. They can make brown too. Win some, lose some, I just WANT some. Seriously after what I've been through w/ acquiring the 60, and 3 bouts of cyano and lastly dino, I'm ready for the 40g. Less water to lug down 14 stairs too.

Those photos of all those RFAs are just awesome! I can't wait to see you get your 40B set up!

I think it'll be the jump start I need to feel excited again. I have no idea where to post since I have rfas all over the place right now. Will be nice to have them in one place again.

Archived