inTank Media Baskets

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

i have never seen asian brush of coral!

that is so wonderful! is it old? where did you find this?

She said it is a photo of her tank she took using her samsung S3 phone using the "negative" effect. Then had the pillow made on photobucket - where you can have any image printed on a pillow.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She said it is a photo of her tank she took using her samsung S3 phone using the "negative" effect. Then had the pillow made on photobucket - where you can have any image printed on a pillow.

thanks for clarifying. i'm so old school i couldn't understand

what she was saying. hahaha

thanks for clarifying. i'm so old school i couldn't understand

what she was saying. hahaha

Yep, and my apologies, looking at it now I see it was under Effects,not Scene mode..

Here's another, not as pretty as the first as the toadstool hasn't opened up yet.

20150315_143941_zps6sfh9vgd.jpg

great. It started w/ 3 heads, I have 5 now.

I picked up a single head of the purple, white and brown variety. It's soooo slow to grow. My green colony is totally different

in that respect. I think eventually it will overtake the rock it's on...smothering out the other zoas on there.

I picked up a single head of the purple, white and brown variety. It's soooo slow to grow. My green colony is totally different

in that respect. I think eventually it will overtake the rock it's on...smothering out the other zoas on there.

it has a 6th head but I think it got stung by something so it's mostly closed- we'll see if that one comes back. But I sure do love 'em- it's only them on that rock so I have no problem if they want to take over. It took 1.5 yrs for me to find some for sale and I'm just happy I have 'em.

jedimasterben

Yeah, they're slow growing, but they contain a pretty incredible amount of palytoxin, so I'd imagine the others will try and steer clear of them :lol:

Yeah, they're slow growing, but they contain a pretty incredible amount of palytoxin, so I'd imagine the others will try and steer clear of them :lol:

I actually don't mind at all if they overtake that rock :). And this palytoxin thing is exactly why I have yet to frag

that coral LOL. Eek.

jedimasterben

I actually don't mind at all if they overtake that rock :). And this palytoxin thing is exactly why I have yet to frag

that coral LOL. Eek.

You should always wear gloves and goggles when fragging anything, so just standard procedure :)

Haven't checked up on this tank in a while, and WOWEEE!

T

O

T

M

!!!

Nominated!

Oh gee, thanks.

Here's a video, not the best but it's alright.

And a trade for a photosynthetic gorg from my pal Randi. I gave her my Yellow Gorg to try nurse it back to health & keep as her waters were more nutrient rich.

20150323_183113_zps9zu9mmal.jpg

And keeper of the newly fragged Gorilla Nipples.

20150323_183525_zpsvcdh8v5g.jpg

Should I be concerned about the growth of the monti over the chalice due to shading on the chalice? Will it harm its growth?

20150326_213037_zpsfuas6qal.jpg

20150326_212737_zpsnyawottx.jpg

Cool combination! If chalice is anything like monticap, it will just bleach out/turn white. The part that still gets

light will be fine.

I would just trim it over the chalice area. There is still plenty of space for it to grow without covering the chalice.

Cool combination! If chalice is anything like monticap, it will just bleach out/turn white. The part that still gets

light will be fine.

I would just trim it over the chalice area. There is still plenty of space for it to grow without covering the chalice.

Good, that's what I was thinking. We have a local group that just started in Jan and we have 42 people now and we're having a meet/greet frag swap of our own so I'll cut some tomorrow and bring it.

Yesterday evening after I posted. Chiton Spawning. Then I found another one on back side by the hairy mushroom that was sending out what dots instead of a free flowing style. so I take it the one in the video was male, and the back was female. But just a guess because it looked different emanating from them.

And a trade for a photosynthetic gorg from my pal Randi. I gave her my Yellow Gorg to try nurse it back to health & keep as her waters were more nutrient rich.

20150323_183113_zps9zu9mmal.jpg

And keeper of the newly fragged Gorilla Nipples.

20150323_183525_zpsvcdh8v5g.jpg

What kinda goby is that. He's neat!

Archived