Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boy uses the food from Petsmart called Simply Nourish, Sweet Potato & Salmon. He loves it. No rice and I heard turkey can be hard to digest and duck can be too fatty. I used one with duck once and he gained too fast.

Hope you don't mind I moved this here...didn't want to derail teeny's tank thread LOL. Ok, I hope Chloe doesn't gain on the duck. I have to feed her less as it is because she's not hardly active while in recovery! Thanks for the heads up on this!!!!!

Good, that's what I was thinking. We have a local group that just started in Jan and we have 42 people now and we're having a meet/greet frag swap of our own so I'll cut some tomorrow and bring it.

That's awesome! Is Randi going too?

Hope you don't mind I moved this here...didn't want to derail teeny's tank thread LOL. Ok, I hope Chloe doesn't gain on the duck. I have to feed her less as it is because she's not hardly active while in recovery! Thanks for the heads up on this!!!!!

I was following the other thread about allergies in your pup and meant to respond! Our Bichon has lots of allergy problems and we finally found a food that works well. We use Honest Kitchen preference (just veggies and such) and then add proteins in - either cooked burger, eggs or fish. We had tried everything from prescription to LIDs and NOTHING worked - but this has made a huge difference.

No, it's their one day together w/ the baby and so she can give hubby a break. But I see her like once every 10 days, and their little cutie pie.

• 3 weeks later...

So, since I cut the monti both chalice and monti have been growing. Once I get rid of some frags at our local meet, you think I need to move the wellso over to the left in a little more light? I like the way the chalice is now paving his way on the very bottom end.

20150416_183738_zpsz5guh8yn.jpg

20150416_183759_zpsbip1us0g.jpg

20150416_183024_zpsb18z2fcy.jpg

I'm surprised the monti can encroach on the chalice without getting stung? My red cap has so far killed anything it wanted, seems to do so at night when I'm not watching because in the morning I'll see the results. Lost a branch of setosa that the red cap has come close too overnight. This branch has not shown any skin loss or stress prior to whatever happened. :)

Monticap is getting big!!!! I'd be careful of moving the wellso towards the middle. Everytime I tried it with mine, it would bleach out from too much light. Not saying that will happen to you, but just be aware that it's a possibility and keep a close eye on it.

I'm surprised the monti can encroach on the chalice without getting stung? My red cap has so far killed anything it wanted, seems to do so at night when I'm not watching because in the morning I'll see the results. Lost a branch of setosa that the red cap has come close too overnight. This branch has not shown any skin loss or stress prior to whatever happened. :)

I know. I was watching closely and they were touching at one point...and then the monti just stepped up and grew over it- neither showed any issue. Guess I'll just keep seeing where it goes.

Monticap is getting big!!!! I'd be careful of moving the wellso towards the middle. Everytime I tried it with mine, it would bleach out from too much light. Not saying that will happen to you, but just be aware that it's a possibility and keep a close eye on it.

Thanks, I'll just leave it where it is or as soon as I have some frags gone, I'll move it straight forward towards the glass.

Whew! Just caught up on your thread. I loved reading from the beginning with the great live rock and HHs.

Your tank looks so lush and colorful. :wub:

You still have vice zoas :wub:. Everything looks so pretty!

Yes, I got some from Randi. I was able to frag off a piece for another rock. I'm happy because I was so disappointed when they amphipods ate them.

Whew! Just caught up on your thread. I loved reading from the beginning with the great live rock and HHs.

Your tank looks so lush and colorful. :wub:

Thanks. Been such a work in progress. Sometimes you don't as easily see the changes until you go back to way earlier posts. I have some receeding on my lime wellso that I'm working on and I have aptasia. :angry:

i really like how natural the war coral looks!

Thanks, I love the way those two look. I wonder what happens when they'll meet???? I wish I had a 3rd variety in there too.

• 3 weeks later...
FlowerMama

Wow, has it really been 2 wks since I posted here?

Well, Lil' Bit has been doing wonderfully but the junk zoas were really crowding around her and growing profusely when I moved her rock from the Evolve8 to this tank. I was really worrying about how to remove her due to the toxins.

I put the rock into a kitchen bowl with the tank water in it, the rock gently fell to the side. I pick up the rock and she'd already retracted her foot, she's obviously had enough of them zoas!!! So, I picked her up and scraped off 2 separate polyps from her and put her in the 34 on small rock from my fuge.

This was 10 mins after I put in so I wonder if she already put her foot down as she partially opened already?? Could it be that quick?

20150512_220123_zpsjgsvabkg.jpg

20150512_213620_zpseohh48ir.jpg

I was just talking about her and those polyps in my thread :). Glad it all worked out!!!! And my gosh she's little!

FlowerMama

I was just talking about her and those polyps in my thread :). Glad it all worked out!!!! And my gosh she's little!

Yeah, just found that picture w/ the junk zoas on your thread. Couldn't remember where I put it so I'm putting it back in here too now. I'm just scatterbrained right now and emotional.....as 6/1 it'll be 3 yrs since Don passed.

JUNKzoas_zpsotg12hx7.jpg

And when I got her she was 2/3" long in Feb 2014 I believe it was. So she did well under the full spectrum Par38. :)

Yeah, just found that picture w/ the junk zoas on your thread. Couldn't remember where I put it so I'm putting it back in here too now. I'm just scatterbrained right now and emotional.....as 6/1 it'll be 3 yrs since Don passed.

JUNKzoas_zpsotg12hx7.jpg

And when I got her she was 2/3" long in Feb 2014 I believe it was. So she did well under the full spectrum Par38. :)

:grouphug:

Wow...2/3" :bowdown:. I think you hold the record for tiniest clam success :flower:.

FlowerMama

:grouphug:

Wow...2/3" :bowdown:. I think you hold the record for tiniest clam success :flower:.

Might be! And I got her from Saltcritters cheap 29.99. Gotta love that.

20150513_174109_zpskjp9zav8.jpg

20150513_174447_zpsdrhhdooi.jpg

FlowerMama

So I now have 3 fish in this tank since Karat moved out: Diamond Goby and the 2 clowns. How would a Magenta Dottyback do with them? I know they scared my Tailspot and he starved, they made my 6-line jump, so I want something a little aggressive if need be. Thinking that and a Yellowtail Damsel. Loved the blue color of the one I had with Gertie. Would they be compatible?

Maybe my best bet is is 2 yellowtail damsels instead and see how they fair w/ the 2 clowns so if they get bullied it wasn't an expensive fish. Then I'd stick it in w/ Gertie if need be.

jedimasterben

Magenta dottybacks can be real dicks, but if your clowns are on the aggressive side, it will fit right in.

If this will be your 'last fish addition' kind of thing, maybe a starcki damsel instead of a yellowtail :)

FlowerMama

Magenta dottybacks can be real dicks, but if your clowns are on the aggressive side, it will fit right in.

If this will be your 'last fish addition' kind of thing, maybe a starcki damsel instead of a yellowtail :)

Yeah, the diamond hangs out in the back so I only see the clowns and they love hanging out in the back corner behind the monti and shroom by the acan garden. So it's like I don't see fish in there.

Hmm. That would be pretty.

Starcks%20damsel_zpscwldw4e0.jpg

Archived