Cultivated Reef

What's in a name? - 40G

Sunar357

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

typically a light greenish monti with purple polyps is an flower petal monti. I've never seen one that glows like the one in the seller's pic which makes me think it's photoshop'd.

I don't think it's shopped but I think they had their camera set weird. I think you are right though...looks like a flower petal which is cool!

Ok...added a gorgonian and a mystery coral to my Saltcritters order. Weeeeeeeeeee!

So excited for my new corals! omgomgomg

Now I need a couple more fish!

Glued down my palys and zoas and holy cow do they love being off the sand...they are open like crazy today! My dang peppermints were crawling allllllll over my hands while I was doing it...trying to get stuck in the glue I think. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for orders tomorrow! AHHHH!!!

Weeeeeeeeee! Got in my corals and my nem!

Just a couple pics...shortly after they were put in so everything isn't looking 'top notch' yet.

The nem is just a tiny little thing in the middle. Looks white and brown currently. Sandwiched itself in between the rocks right in front so far.

jjh8.jpg

Melting Pot Acan goodness!

oapb.jpg

Bicolor Frogspawn and his new annoying neighbor

iisq.jpg

Wait...looking at that 'frog' it seems like it may be an octospawn. The tentacles aren't just tipped and branching on the end...they have offshoots all along them. When this badboy gets opened all the way i'll try a better pic.

LOVE Eup's :) Hope it is an octo.

Don't you LOVE spouses that say "sure, no problem" !!!! Makes life pretty sweet with a relationship like that.

Need more pics when they settle in. :D

Octospawn or no? I think it is!

6dn0.jpg

Forest Fire Digi from FragCreations has it's PE going on already!

kz6f.jpg

Some type of acro...looks green with white polyps

blby.jpg

Not a great picture. Seems like a purple base with green polyps. Awesome duncan in BG! :D

pi46.jpg

Monti! Seasons Greetings maybe? Green with red polyps.

aayz.jpg

The 'Mystery Coral' I received. Any ideas? A chalice of some sorts?

p09c.jpg

Thanks! I love it also! Definitely my favorite coral i've ever owned. :)

Ohhh! Yes it does look like one. No wonder he sent that type when I have a bunch of lords.

I vote it's an octospawn - nice!...I have one and it's identical to yours (just not as colorful) with all the little extra buds all over the tentacles.

Now I need to figure where I want to eventually move everybody to. The Echinata may get sold off as I read they are very aggro and unless it colors up it's just a very dark red color...not my favorite. For now it's sitting all alone in a corner. lol

Oi! Last night found a nudibranch crawling around on my rock. :angry: It was very cool looking! Tiny green spikes on it! I took it out as fast as I could. I don't need dead corals.

Spot fed everything last night and it went well until my damn pep shrimps decided to rip food from polyps over and over...even though I fed them first! Oi! They may very well end up in the sump. They are entertaining but so annoying!

This morning I checked the tank while it was dark and one of my new rics is missing. UGH! I think it released and is now 'somewhere' in my tank. Going to have to check around for it after lights come on. It was my fave one too! :(

Hope you find the ric in an easy place to retrieve it at least you didn't spot it in a powerhead :) Glad you got that nudi before it went on the rampage lol.

TY! I hope so also! It was so tiny though I may never find it until it gets bigger. :(

:(

and it's always the nicest one that goes wandering !!!!!

Tomorrow I should have two more fish coming in and selling off some of the hammers! omgomgomg

Ohhh and my dang molly now has white lips. I think she's been messing with some coral or another. LOL

Archived