Cultivated Reef

What's in a name? - 40G

Sunar357

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, peps are getting sumped. They were picking at my rock nem this morning and yesterday he looked totally healthy. One caught and in the sump...the other is being crafty! :(

Ok got a Tail spot Blenny today! He's hanging on the rocks so far. I also got a big Yellow Coris Wrasse! He looked around and then dove into the sand. LOL

Ok! Now that he's out of the bag and out of the sand...it's not a Yellow Coris Wrasse! It's a Yellow and Purple Wrasse! :) Very cool looking! Shimmer of purple on him!

Ok, checked tank just a few ago and the damn pep still in DT was rolling around the rock nem. :rant:

I had to take some rock out but I got that SOB and it's now in the sump.

Ok got a Tail spot Blenny today! He's hanging on the rocks so far. I also got a big Yellow Coris Wrasse! He looked around and then dove into the sand. LOL

That's so cool ! I think I need sand, I KNOW I need fish :) Pics?

The TSB is still semi-reclusive and the wrasse is still hiding in the sand a lot but I have a pic of the wrasse...even if it's not that great. :)

qm7l.jpg

The TSB is still semi-reclusive and the wrasse is still hiding in the sand a lot but I have a pic of the wrasse...even if it's not that great. :)

qm7l.jpg

He's beautiful. I imagine he brings a lot of color to your tank :) Do you know if they need sand to be happy?

Thanks! He really does! I'm glad I got him over the yellow coris as those seem to be a lot more common. I can't wait until he gets comfortable and is out and about all day. :)

Yes, they need sand...they are sand burrowers. They sleep in the sand at night and when stressed. I've heard of some using a bowl of sand for some sand sleeping wrasses though.

Thanks! He really does! I'm glad I got him over the yellow coris as those seem to be a lot more common. I can't wait until he gets comfortable and is out and about all day. :)

Yes, they need sand...they are sand burrowers. They sleep in the sand at night and when stressed. I've heard of some using a bowl of sand for some sand sleeping wrasses though.

:( Guess with my current set up I won't be getting one then. I may have to seriously rethink things! I'm glad you got this one too - very pretty.

Been too long here is a current FTS with my crummy camera phone and my sexy self in the glass. LOL Most frags are still on the sand getting acclimated. I need to start moving a few up. :)

2kdl.jpg

Time for a tank break! My son and I! :D

z9et.jpg

Soooo cute :)

Been too long here is a current FTS with my crummy camera phone and my sexy self in the glass. LOL Most frags are still on the sand getting acclimated. I need to start moving a few up. :)

2kdl.jpg

Don't cover the sand too much lol. Looking great!

Thanks! :) He's a handsome lil dude!

LOL I have some random pieces of rock and small islands to cover with corals and such there in front later! Now it's just covered with frags! OH MY!

Ok! OH MYYY! I found a bicolor frogspawn and had to buy it! Can't wait for it to get here! Forest fire digi also. :)

I want to see how your Forest Fire does. Just before the flatworm incident I was finally getting some green skin. In the proper conditions these things are out of this world. One day ....

I can't keep all my Euphilias happy in my 46. Torches are happy, wall frogspawn is happy and killing everything in it's path, branched frogspawn unhappy, bi-color hammer very happy. When the frogspawn look good the torches are unhappy, but the hammer is always happy. :wacko:

So far the Forest Fire is doing well. It's light green and has the red polyps like crazy. I love the PE on digis. :)

Weird that your branching frog is unhappy when your hammer is doing well. In my last tank I had both and both were happy the same. This frog/octo and my hammers both are looking great so far.

Dipped a few frags that had some algae on them that wasn't coming off and snails weren't touching. One looks like it's doing well already and the other two are angry.

In other news my damn small rock nem wandered off to who knows where! Next time i'm ordering one that isn't so tiny. LOL

In other news my damn small rock nem wandered off to who knows where! Next time i'm ordering one that isn't so tiny. LOL

That's a pain...especially as they seem to stay put once they're happy...I see some rock rearranging in your future :)

Nah, I like my rockwork as is. I have some nice shady places for a rock nem that they should like...but a tiny one...who knows where it's at. LOL

Archived