Coral Vue Hydros

What's in a name? - 40G

Sunar357

So far the Forest Fire is doing well. It's light green and has the red polyps like crazy. I love the PE on digis. :)

Weird that your branching frog is unhappy when your hammer is doing well. In my last tank I had both and both were happy the same. This frog/octo and my hammers both are looking great so far.

I discovered last night that my blue light strip had been on all night. Timer switch somehow nudged to always on. Maybe that was it, not sure. My wall frogspawn continues to expand and kill everything in it's path. Silly corals. :)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL I've always been iffy on walls. They look sweet but I keep hearing fragging them isn't as successful as with branching species.

Ohhh! Looks like this guy is getting a nice bonus from work this year! Hooray! Now what do I want...HMMMM!!!?? Apex? Moar corals? Upgrade to a Photon?

Oh yes! I got a JBJ ATO used off of here just waiting on the pump I ordered which will hopefully be back in stock this week. Hooray!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Sunar357" data-cid="4575429" data-time="1387225793"><p>

Ohhh! Looks like this guy is getting a nice bonus from work this year! Hooray! Now what do I want...HMMMM!!!?? Apex? Moar corals? Upgrade to a Photon?<br />

<br />

Oh yes! I got a JBJ ATO used off of here just waiting on the pump I ordered which will hopefully be back in stock this week. Hooray!</p></blockquote>

Oh sweet - getting a bonus makes Xmas :) !!!

Ok, finally broke down and ordered some test kits while I have the extra cash in case I ever want to use them. :D I picked up Salifert P04 and Red Sea Master Kit for Alk, Calc, Mag.

I also ordered me some Kent Coral Accel and some phyto.

Only working tomorrow and Christmas for the rest of the year....guess that gives me time to figure out WHERE I want to place all my frags and get some glued down. Oi! #firstworldreefproblems?

I'm getting some more corals soonish!

I'm also thinking one of the below:

1. Apex Jr - Probably best idea as it gives me a heater controller for safety

2. Sell OR light and upgrade to a 24" Photon - Current lighting is good but setting up sunrise/sunset type stuff would be cool

3. Clam and a cool Aussie torch - Because why not? LOL

What to do? Hmmm!

Up since 2AM working a stinking outage in Europe. Weeeeee! Thanks BT! Didn't eat until 12, took a 10 min break to do that and then went outside and fixed the wifes car. This old dog is plain wore out!

In good news I should be getting in more corals tomorrow! Hooray! :) Should be getting a nice orange fungia and a frogspawn amongst other things!

Up since 2AM working a stinking outage in Europe. Weeeeee! Thanks BT! Didn't eat until 12, took a 10 min break to do that and then went outside and fixed the wifes car. This old dog is plain wore out!

In good news I should be getting in more corals tomorrow! Hooray! :) Should be getting a nice orange fungia and a frogspawn amongst other things!

ooooh that means more pics coming soon :)

A couple pics...and dang't I now have three clowns! Hope since they are all small they end up being ok but if not I can always return the pink skunk! He's still hiding out getting acclimated as I just picked him up a few hours ago. :)

cvoy.jpg

My orange plate! Love this thing! Picture doesn't do it justice as it's a lot brighter in person.

ai1q.jpg

New frogspawn!

wqaf.jpg

Couple more pics.

blwy.jpg

Some type of green polyp acro? in front of my Duncans next to my new bridsnest.

bpsl.jpg

Green zoas with dark red skirts.

ahgn.jpg

My rust colored gorgonian.

z8ur.jpg

Ok...Gateway definitely didn't seem as nice as The Corner Reef but they did have some cheap corals. I can't wait to hit up The Corner Reef next time I hit St. Louis.

Gateway was out of gold torches and TCR one wasn't ready to frag. Steve was going to make me a killer deal on the full 3 heads for $85 but I opted to get other corals. Next time!

I picked up some Fire and Ice Zoas, what I think are People Eaters and some others. I also picked up a Montipora Spongodes, an orange with green rim florida ricordia, a green and white baby yuma, a St. Thomas shroom anddddd a sweet dark green with orange mouth Rockflower Nem. Oh! I also picked up pink and purple platygyra.

I need to bust out my P&S camera this week for some pics. My cell cam sucks...so that should be somewhat better at least.

Still need to eventually get some pics here. Been busy with football and being sick as well as a sick kid. :(

Moved the rockflower off of the rock he came on into a place I was hoping he'd like. He sat there for a day and then moved this morning to a small rock in the middle front of the tank. LOL Hopefully he doesn't move again when the lights come on but we'll see. Stinkin nems! :)

More bad pics by Fred! ™

St. Thomas, tiny yuma top left and rics

fwb5.jpg

Blastos

wapv.jpg

Some type of Paly

je09.jpg

Orange short tentacle plate

4g1i.jpg

Pink and purple platy

wolu.jpg

People Eaters? and majano I need to get rid of!

14c3.jpg

Dark green w/ orange mouth Rockflower Nem

hdzo.jpg

Spongodes

lsyt.jpg

Fire and Ice Zoas

viad.jpg

Melting Pot Acan

z7vr.JPG

Archived