Pod Your Reef

What's in a name? - 40G

Sunar357

Well finally declaring the Tailspot MIA. Haven't seen him in a few weeks. :(

Contacted the guy I got the skunk from and he said I can come pick up another for free if I wish. I may...but i'm not sure what to do with this guy. He's eating but he's so pitiful looking swimming at the top all the time.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe That chic is serious about sushi.

No she's just worried about opening her mouth wide enough so her lipstick remains pristine hahahahaha Nothing worse than a piece of rice stuck on your blood red lips *grin*.

LOL You goof! I dont really like fish...to eat.

:lol::lol::lol::D

Well got dang't! Found my molly dead last night. :( No idea what was wrong with her. She was looking like her fins were beat up and I figured it was her messing with the clowns so she went in the sump. When I found her dead it looked like her fins were gone so maybe it was a fin rot thing? Ugh!

Damn ups and downs of aquariums!

TY, everyone else seems to be fine, thankfully.

My yellow and purple wrasse is so settled in now he's out in the mornings. :)

I know...I know...I need more pics. LOL

How do you like you led fixture?

I like it a lot. I think it has a nice spread. The only thing i'd want to improve is adding a controller....so it may eventually get replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazingly i'm not dead! Just been very busy with work and such so not on much. Not too much has changed except my pink skunk is now acting like a normal fish...so i'm guessing it was a temporary illness or problem which is good.

I did pick up two Firefish the other day. Local guy I get my fish from had something go on with his tanks and they were crashing all over so he gave me two firefish so we could get them into a good tank. They seem to be doing well now though only one is out that often. They like to hide in the same cave they made under my rocks.

Pics with my usual awesome cam skills!

New Firefish

7l5c.jpg

FTS 2/24

wupd.jpg

My cheap acros I threw in there seem to be tanking and/or gone. Ahwell! Not a big fan of them anyhow. I just got them cause they were so cheap. LOL My Duncan has a bunch of new heads sprouting and one of my Candycanes is splitting into two. Someday i'll get around to putting more on the rocks...sand bed is full of coral. Doh!

• 3 weeks later...

Firefish doing well but the Yellow and Purple wrasse died. :( No idea why either as there were no external signs at all and she seemed to be eating fine.

Firefish doing well but the Yellow and Purple wrasse died. :( No idea why either as there were no external signs at all and she seemed to be eating fine.

Sorry to hear about the Wrasse. Sometimes it happens with no explanation.

I wonder if your acros had AEFW or some other pest? I had the hardest time keeping them in my 40 until I figured out they were infested. I still have an infestation in y 46 and any acro added becomes pale, struggles, and eventually dies. Only a closeup look with a bright light and a magnifying glass (my 50 year old eyes!) shows that the paleness comes from lots of tiny AEFW bite marks.

Not what the 40 seems to be AEFW free the acros I put in not only maintain color but actually improve. I went away for a week and the topoff failed in my 40. Water level dropped about 2 inches, salinity up to 37, KH down to 6 ... acros look fine.

So, you may want to go ahead and remove all of them and keep the tank acro free for 2 months, then try again.

Here's a closeup example of AEFW damage. Just looked pale to the naked eye.

cmme.jpg

Honestly I don't plan on getting any more acros. The only reason I got these ones was because they were dirt cheap. $2-5 each. I'm really not an acro fan.

Euphyllia are my favorites so i'm going to be picking up a torch and adding that in to the top left rock I think.

Honestly I don't plan on getting any more acros. The only reason I got these ones was because they were dirt cheap. $2-5 each. I'm really not an acro fan.

Euphyllia are my favorites so i'm going to be picking up a torch and adding that in to the top left rock I think.

And yours look great. :) I'd like to know more about the different torches. I have a gold torch that looks good and is expanding, but stays small. My green torch, on the other hand, can extend up to 10 inches and is slowly taking over the right side of my 46. I see pictures of these compact green torches and wonder if they will all grow large if given the space or if there's different varieties.

I love euphyllia. I'll probably add a green torch but hold off on a gold awhile because of cost.

I've read all different things about them. Some think it's flow, some think it's lighting, some think it's established time, others think there are different varieties. I personally think there probably are different varieties that adapted in different ways in the wild.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been slacking on the forums lately. I went to a swap on Saturday and picked up a few things.

Armor of God Paly frag, a mixed zoa frag, a big camo green shroom with white dots and............a pink (red) BTA! The BTA realllllllly does look pink with specks of white. I know I kept saying no dang BTA's in this tank...but I did it. Damn the man! :wub:

I'd turned down my lighting a lot a couple weeks back and now growth has boomed in some of my frags. My monti, acans, blastos, palys and my Duncan are popping heads like crazy.

WTHeck! Looks like Imageshack went pay on me. Ok, time to find a new upload place.

Yea. I've paid for a while so did not notice the change. imgur seems like a good replacement.

Archived