Pod Your Reef

What's in a name? - 40G

Sunar357

I don't know anything about fragging but for the ones you want to put in a specific spot in the rock and leave there, can't you just putty that one in since you don't look like the look if the plug? Or is your goal to sell the frags?

Honestly I have too many...there are tiny buds on these also so in no time i'm going to be overrun by Hammers. LOL So my plan is to trade some off for different corals or fish and I figure if I frag them out it may go easier. Not sure yet. A few are also loose so if I get rid of them i'll want them on something. I actually like starting small and growing out the tank...this guy just was overrun so he gave me tons and I wasn't going to turn them down. :)

Pics of them open!There are even more behind the one on the right on the rock. Probably about 6-8 of them.

uhbj.jpg

The little baby free floater I had I just stuffed in a crevice on some rubble for now.

rgbf.jpg

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have the stinking diatom monster in effect so may hold off on FTS for a bit. So annoying! :(

We are here to document the reefs and the problems and the fixes! Post up a picture haha!

LOL True I may as well. Laying next to my son who just passed out so i'll try and get one soon. Just phone pics though like these.

Thanks you two. :) I really dig the Reefrocks.net rock I got. The Live Rock annoys me though as I don't like the looks as much. LOL I have a piece on the far left I usually cut out of pictures that I think will go in my sump. Should have my CUC here on Weds hopefully.

Got my Mag Float in and between it and my new CUC posse things are shaping up a bit more.

Hopefully this weekend I can get my Royal Gramma and a new Yuma frag I have on hold. omgomgomg

Ok! I have two small clowns now! Hooray! Now I feel all is right with the world. Damn I miss clowns! They are swimming all over like little drunks...so normal. The male seems to have a smashed pug'like face...not going to breed them though so as long as he can eat fine i'm cool with him!

It looks like the 'yellow/orange' yuma I thought I was getting is pinkish. LOL

Well...RIP lil chromis. :( Found him dead being eaten by a Hammer this morning. I never did see him eat.

Thankfully the clowns seem to be doing well and they both ate last night.

Wall hammers are damn hard to take care of, unlike wall frogspawn which appears to be well on it's way to taking over my 46 gallon tank. I wish I had tagged a video I saw on youtube where this guy had a wall frogspawn that over a year hit the glass and started to encrust up on it.

Perhaps since this is a hybrid it might do better? Too much for me. I see people spending more money on a single fish or coral than I did on my tank.

Sorry your little chromis didn't make it :( Sounds like the clowns are doing fine though. I so love that clownfish shuffle that you so eloquently call "drunk" lol.

Oh yeah, walls can be more of a pain but I love them. Like I said...if single and I had money i'd give it a shot for sure.

Yep, maybe it was caught with cyanide...oh well. :(

Clowns are indeed doing well. Eating like, well, clowns!

Also spoke to LFS guy and he said he'd give me credit in store or trade me for some of the Hammers when i'm ready to downsize them. For now, since I don't have much of anything in there i'm just going to keep growing them out.

Credit for trade, can't beat that. :) It still frustrates me I can't find that video with the wall frogspawn. Too many videos on Youtube. :D

Archived