SaltCritters.com

What's in a name? - 40G

Sunar357

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! I love the look of the back painted for sure.

Sump is all water tested and good. Looking at plumbing stuff now. I'm driving myself mad with thoughts of unions, gates, valves, mini-unicorns, etc etc.

Thanks! I love the look of the back painted for sure.

Sump is all water tested and good. Looking at plumbing stuff now. I'm driving myself mad with thoughts of unions, gates, valves, mini-unicorns, etc etc.

Same thing here........ I have my hole drilled for the bean overflow but, I am literally awake at night thinking about valves, overflows, water change pumps and those damn unicorns!!!!!

Ok, got the plumbing sorted out I believe. I have it all dry fit as follows and will be cementing it in tomorrow so if you have any ideas before then let me know. =D I'm rocking unions galore...and since i'm a bonehead and painted the wrong side of my sump it's crossover piping. So it's set up as:

Fuge > Return < Skimmer

gBZPUG8h.jpg

dkvmPrhh.jpg

wPixU9Rh.jpg

All cemented in! Need to work on rock now. My plan is to start cycle in next few days and hopefully be good to add fish second or third week of Oct after I get home from a week to the home office in Michigan. :)

Looks great now.

I would Krylon it myself, but I don't think it would make it look better, actually. I just like everything black. /shrug

I really like the refug on the side and pump in the middle design. Allows you to dial in the flow through it.

Don't worry about pics here, you have a diaper to change!!!!Congrats- may your fragling have good fish and coral sense. Add common sense to that too.

Yep, Mojado, I have a tie support for each one. That was just the dry fitting where I didn't have them set up. =)

Thank you, 1st! He just got changed, bathed and his Mama is currently feeding him.. =)

hehe, I love how we call kids fraglings.... god we all are such reef nerds. My hubby calls me a fish nerd, he told one of my friends I bought 100 dollar fish and now she makes fun of me too... I told her.. bahh that's cheap! :)

Ok I really stink at aquascaping. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I will have some LR in my Fuge so even with a minimal amount of rock it shouldn't be bad for filtration. I do also have more pieces I can fit in places here.

T3ASczS.jpg

Don't worry about amount LR for filtration. I have never found it to be that important.. a good skimmer will be what helps the most. So go with what looks best to you.

I'm horrible at aquascaping so I just do the default: Two islands or arches.

Where did you get your rock from?

Got ya and I have a way oversized skimmer coming in. Reefrocks.net is where I got it. Nice rock and it was only $100 shipped for 50lbs and 40lbs of sand. :)

I like big rocks and I can not lie! LOL I actually changed the whole thing to 3 pillars...which may change before it 'goes live' with fish next month. I looked at that thread before and yeah, I am not crafty enough. I'm aiming for something I like and not ToTM really I guess.

RO/DI water being added as it makes it! Display almost full! I forgot to close off my return and since it's lower than my overflow I was getting water draining into my sump. LOL Oops, DT first then i'll fill sump as needed.

Raising him right! Wish my dad woulda gotten me into reef tanks...... He did get me certified in scuba diving and has taken me on multiple vacations to swim with sharks eels, whales, rays, and everything else we want in our tanks.......so guess I won't complain too much

I'm assuming you're return is from glass-holes, are you using 1/2" or 3/4"?

Raising him right! Wish my dad woulda gotten me into reef tanks...... He did get me certified in scuba diving and has taken me on multiple vacations to swim with sharks eels, whales, rays, and everything else we want in our tanks.......so guess I won't complain too much

I'm assuming you're return is from glass-holes, are you using 1/2" or 3/4"?

That is awesome at least! I didn't get to go diving but I did get to visit the ocean which is more than I can say for a lot of kids who I grew up with. =)

Yes, I got the return kit from glass-holes...and I got the 3/4".

Welllllll i'm hosed! -_- My father did my plumbing for me while he was here. New baby so i was spending most of my time with him. I finally get water in the tank and it looks like I have leaks. UGH So now I have to drain tanks so I can get behind stand, probably cut some of the pipe out and put in new. =/ He is the handyman so I figured he'd do well but he didn't use thread tape...and then said use PVC cement instead...which doesn't seem to be working.

U G H! I'm about fed up. Not sure when i'll get around to this.

Mine had a really slow leak on the bulkhead.. I slapped some silicone around it. But it was literally like a tiny slow drip. Def not the professional way but meh... I did it since it was such a small leak and I am so lazy.

You should buy some epoxy and get a chisel and make some cool caves! I'm going to assume that that rock is Pukani(or something similar) and thus takes a beating well, you can make some awesome stuff it just takes some creativity and time, I hollowed out a rock and made a cave I haven't decided if it'll go into the display yet but it looks nice and only took a couple of minutes(currently in the sump).

Archived