Cultivated Reef

Elos System 100 or Cadlights Artisan II 70

Jay Wee

I tried to.Godwins law the thread. But the correlary of the law is if you do it intentionally it doesn't work.

Whatever does that mean?

You're one of the trolls BTW

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever does that mean?

You're one of the trolls BTW

Ya, I was serious up to post 121. Then I realized the other posters were just trolling the whole time.

This is more fun.

I mean seriously, who is honestly going to compare a crappy pos Chinese system built by slaves with a beautiful Italian system built by craftsmen.

Now im going to get in my Ferrari and drive through In And Out and make fun of the servers. And order 1000 burgers just because I can..and give them to homeless people like Lllu

Deleted User 4

Ya, I was serious up to post 121. Then I realized the other posters were just trolling the whole time.

This is more fun.

I mean seriously, who is honestly going to compare a crappy pos Chinese system built by slaves with a beautiful Italian system built by craftsmen.

Here, this is probably the 5th same post for the same link I've posted. You can't be any more blind can you?

http://www.nanoreefblog.com/features/good-bad/when-that-bubble-bursts

There, made it longer for you to read more.

Post that 5 times, that makes it 5 reviews.

I read it back in June once, its still just one review for me.

Deleted User 4

Post that 5 times, that makes it 5 reviews.

I read it back in June once, its still just one review for me.

Let this get soaked in your brain some more. Because for elos fanboys, it takes longer for them to understand this statement.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14594239&postcount=9

Deleted User 4

Ill take my fries well done, boy. With a pack of spread.

I'll repeat it at the window for you just in case you forget.

Lmao. In-n-out is that yummy eh?? I knew you would drive-thru in that fiat. Do I need to count all the change you're giving me? Or can I just toss it out and let you pick it back up.

So much hate in here... IMO, I'm not sure if you want to get a tank that's made at one location, then shipped over to NYC. Cadlights HQ is in Socal, Elos HQ... not too sure if it's in NYC.

I'd say that Jay should hit up a good LFS and ask for a custom 3 sided starphire glass that's 3/4" to 1" thick. Then get a custom artisan wood worker that will build you a nice quality stand (unless you're good doing DIY)...

I'm a fan of elos. Lol.

Have 2 of them now.

However,

When I go LARGE im' going to get a custom built tank. I've seen a few cadlights tanks but not a big fan.

Did you check out the local tank builder i mentioned last time? His work is awesome and the stands he makes are premium quality. Cherry, oak. Not that crap wood particles.

Wow you guys really took off on this thread. Took me awhile to read through everything. But seriously though. I'm thankful to everyone. You guys are doing the research for me.

I have made up my mind. I'm getting the... DRUM ROLL!!!!

Disney's Finding Nemo Aquarium Kit

0004679829181_500X500.jpg

1.5 Gallon. $40. Clearly it's rimless. Look at the matching blue cabinet. Must be quality wood. Sump slides out like a drawer for easy access. Clearly those are Kessil Lights. Comes with blue live sand. Freshwater & Saltwater friendly. Comes with 2X Tiger Barb and 1X Giant Clownfish. Comes with Coral Insert. Probably made by Living Color. And c'mon! 2X Amazon Swords? What more can I ask for for $40.

So much hate in here... IMO, I'm not sure if you want to get a tank that's made at one location, then shipped over to NYC. Cadlights HQ is in Socal, Elos HQ... not too sure if it's in NYC.

I'd say that Jay should hit up a good LFS and ask for a custom 3 sided starphire glass that's 3/4" to 1" thick. Then get a custom artisan wood worker that will build you a nice quality stand (unless you're good doing DIY)...

Not good at plumbing at all. My first full fledge setup. Have only owned AIO nano tanks. This is gonna be my first full system + sump setup. That's why I'm more comfortable in companies offering full setups.

I'm a fan of elos. Lol.

Have 2 of them now.

However,

When I go LARGE im' going to get a custom built tank. I've seen a few cadlights tanks but not a big fan.

Did you check out the local tank builder i mentioned last time? His work is awesome and the stands he makes are premium quality. Cherry, oak. Not that crap wood particles.

Hey bro, yeah I contacted reefoman. I was seriously gonna go with him but the dude's too busy. No time for me. Can't build me a stand. He probably won't have time to help me out with a custom sump and plumbing too. I totally understand though. He's probably busy with large commercial tanks and csn't really dedicate his time to small tanks. That's why I'm looking for full system setups. Just less of a hassle. Was really banging on Elos but $4000 for a 75G is just ridiculous though.

$4000?

Are you sure, for the 75 gallon?

When I was shopping them I found a dealer selling those for like 22-2300, iirc.

/shrug

The Midi 34 gallon was like $1600(on sale price). That's a big jump in cost.

Anyway, I just searched Marine Depot who had all three systems. I can't find any of them there now. I'm pretty sure it was them who had them for the low 2000s. Not 4K. I would call Coralvue and see who they have who sells them still. I bet Premium Aquatics could get one for you for the real price, ask for Elizabeth in sales.

Wow you guys really took off on this thread. Took me awhile to read through everything. But seriously though. I'm thankful to everyone. You guys are doing the research for me.

1.5 Gallon. $40. Clearly it's rimless. Look at the matching blue cabinet. Must be quality wood. Sump slides out like a drawer for easy access. Clearly those are Kessil Lights. Comes with blue live sand. Freshwater & Saltwater friendly. Comes with 2X Tiger Barb and 1X Giant Clownfish. Comes with Coral Insert. Probably made by Living Color. And c'mon! 2X Amazon Swords? What more can I ask for for $40.

Shoot, I think you should wait till "Finding Dory" comes out. Then Disney will release some LE Rimless Dory Tank

Not good at plumbing at all. My first full fledge setup. Have only owned AIO nano tanks. This is gonna be my first full system + sump setup. That's why I'm more comfortable in companies offering full setups.

I hear ya. Finding the right bulkhead/pipes/unions/hoses can be a hassle, plus you'll have to backtrack if there's a leak somewhere along the plumbing... But you got the fourms to support you for your plumbing needs.

If I remember correctly, Cadlights uses metric sizes for plumbing... so replacing a bulkhead or modding/fixing any other plumbing will head to headaches.

honestly $1,200 for the mini with a sump, stand, and tank is a bargain. that's a steal compared to getting a custom starphire cube, custom stand, custom sump, you have to get all the plumbing and whatnot. If i was doing a larger nano i would definitely go with an elos mini.

just found out illu is a fast food cook. brain -> erasing all ####s given since beginning of time -> search key words: illu -> delete all ####s given related to key words

$4000?

Are you sure, for the 75 gallon?

When I was shopping them I found a dealer selling those for like 22-2300, iirc.

/shrug

The Midi 34 gallon was like $1600(on sale price). That's a big jump in cost.

Anyway, I just searched Marine Depot who had all three systems. I can't find any of them there now. I'm pretty sure it was them who had them for the low 2000s. Not 4K. I would call Coralvue and see who they have who sells them still. I bet Premium Aquatics could get one for you for the real price, ask for Elizabeth in sales.

Yeah I contacted CoralVue and they directed me to Elos Aqua Studio NYC. I reached out to them through email and they said The Elos System 100 (75 gallon) is $3600. Not including shipping. And I have to purchase it through the store which means I have to pay sales tax. So I'm estimating it to be $4000 give or take. If it is $2200 like u said that would be great.

I thought the Elos Studio in NY was ElosUSA, the Jesse venture that went out of business.

And why do you need to pay shipping when you're both in NY? That stuff just gets trucked in on their normal delivery, or should.

Call Elizabeth at Premium Aquatics and see what she can do before you give up.

That's what I would do though; but supposedly I'm a rich snobbish a$$hole who doesn't know what do with all my money. So don't listen to me if you don't want.

I thought the Elos Studio in NY was ElosUSA, the Jesse venture that went out of business.

And why do you need to pay shipping when you're both in NY? That stuff just gets trucked in on their normal delivery, or should.

Call Elizabeth at Premium Aquatics and see what she can do before you give up.

That's what I would do though; but supposedly I'm a rich snobbish a$$hole who doesn't know what do with all my money. So don't listen to me if you don't want.

Aquastudio isn't part of Elos USA as far as I understand it, they're their own venture and are still in business and operating well.

Are you sure it's 4k?

Unless coralvue jacked up their prices once they took over elos.

I was googling elos 100 and looks like someone paid 2090$ plus tax.

I'll call my buddy that works at the elos store tomorrow and double check for you man. 4k doesn't make sense.

Another idea: Make your own tank with a big fuge and call it a day. That way you have money for more corals, fish and beer (or soda if you're my age)

Aquastudio isn't part of Elos USA as far as I understand it, they're their own venture and are still in business and operating well.

I don't know where I got that idea they were connected.

Screenshot_2013-08-21-19-05-38.png

Screenshot_2013-08-21-19-05-59.png

Are you sure it's 4k?

I was googling elos 100 and looks like someone paid 2090$ plus tax.

I'll call my buddy that works at the elos store tomorrow and double check for you man. 4k doesn't make sense.

Could $2090 just be tank?

Yeah a guy called Rafael gave me the price of the Full System 100 and it's $3600 not including deliver and sales tax. The setup consist of the tank, stand, sump, skimmer, ato, pumps, plumbing etc

I think you should demand your money back if they told you the 2x Amazon swords were part of the package. You've obviously been bamboozled. Those are obviously corkscrew Vals instead. ;)

Are you sure it's 4k?

Maybe.

I talked to an authorized Coralvue dealer in Sacramento. They quoted me $1600 for the Mini. When I asked to clarify that it was not the one with the E Light(which is 1600), they called back Coralvue. The dealer then called and told me that Yes the Mini was $1600, and that Marine Depot was not authorized to sell Elos.

Which was weird because both Marine Depot and Premium Aquatics were drop shipping from Coralvue, and neither had onsite inventory at the time(June). So either the local dealer was lying to me, or Coralvue was lying to them.

But now that Marine Depot search results no Elos tanks at all, its at least interesting as to what they are doing.

This link that worked in July, goes no where.

Screenshot_2013-08-21-19-19-55.png

Archived