Innovative Marine Aquariums

Elos System 100 or Cadlights Artisan II 70

Jay Wee

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing too big or impressive. Just something they may have made custom or are considering introducing. It's under 40 gallons.

Deleted User 4

Nothing too big or impressive. Just something they may have made custom or are considering introducing. It's under 40 gallons.

By sca??? You sure? Lol.

I wanted to add a couple items to my list of impressions of Cad Lights and the Artisan II. Since I last posted I have received a replacement return pump from Cad Lights so that is a +1 for their service.

I also had to install 2 computer fans in the sump area to solve a problem I had with condensation. To do so, I drilled a couple 3" holes in the back of the stand. It turns out the stand is veneered particle board...not solid wood. If anyone is interested I can post a pic of the wood plug side profile that shows the veneer. -1 for miss-representing the stand material.

I just purchased an Artisan II 50g cube so I can share my thoughts after having it for a few weeks.

The cadlights tank itself is great. The glass and seams are all perfect IMO.

The stand is pretty cheap quality. It is not MDF but rather some type of hardwood and is put together with IKEA type peg and screw fasteners. The problem is that the holes for the fasteners are not drilled acurately and it just feels kinda questionable when you put it together. However, mine is holding the full tank as I type this so I guess it's doing its job.

The worst part so far for me has been the plumbing. It is all metric plumbing so if you need to make any modifications (which I had to do because the drain tube I received would not go into my sump without kinking) you will be pretty much screwed. Oh and by the way, when I e-mailed asking about purchasing a tank I got replies. When I e-mailed asking about plumbing issues, I got nothing. At the end of the day I was able to get a metric adapter and make things work. As far as the terrible customer service, I was warned ahead of time by reading threads on here. Now you are too.

The return pump I received was broken. Just completely broken. I e-mailed cadlights and they said they'd send a new one to me after "some testing". Haven't heard back yet and don't expect to.

For me, I knew that the service would be lacking and I took a chance based upon the super low cost of the package. You get a great tank with sump and everything else for a pretty good value. But when you factor in the fact that you will need to immediatley replace some stuff and go through some hassle I can't help but think that I should have paid a bit more for a better customer experience.

Would I buy it again?.....No.

It's a shame about Cad Light tanks. I've been looking to something comparable to an Elos 120 which I love the look and the dimensions of, but the price is just more than what I want to pay. Cad Lights comes pretty close to what i want but reading other comments about broken items on delivery and bad customer service scared me away. Jay keep us updated with how things go for you, I'm very curious. Hope it works out. I'm a fan of your IM 24 tank.

It's a shame about Cad Light tanks. I've been looking to something comparable to an Elos 120 which I love the look and the dimensions of, but the price is just more than what I want to pay. Cad Lights comes pretty close to what i want but reading other comments about broken items on delivery and bad customer service scared me away. Jay keep us updated with how things go for you, I'm very curious. Hope it works out. I'm a fan of your IM 24 tank.

thanks man. I just got around to start setting up. Took some pictures today and started a thread. Do check it out.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/333313-jays-cad-lights-artisan-ii-70g/#entry4474324

IMG_0974_zpsbff9f865.jpg

Archived