Coral Vue Hydros

Elos System 100 or Cadlights Artisan II 70

Jay Wee

Glossy black

SCA look like decent tanks but I've never really heard anything about them, good or bad.

That's because most of the customers are from California. The tanks were originally bought only through destributors/retailers and recently became for sale to the public through SCA which broaden sales to this side of the country.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to seeing more quality tanks being built in California. I didn't know that SCA did custom work, otherwise I'd check them out sooner.

bdevillier19

Those sca aquariums look to be the same as clear diamond aquariums. Both companies are based out of Rancho Cucamonga, ca. I was looking into the clear diamond systems but was able to find much info. Glad to see someone has a tank and likes it.

Those sca aquariums look to be the same as clear diamond aquariums. Both companies are based out of Rancho Cucamonga, ca. I was looking into the clear diamond systems but was able to find much info. Glad to see someone has a tank and likes it.

Clear Diamond sells SCA aquariums. That's one of the distributors. I think I posted that earlier.

They're all in one units. Terrible for flexibility.

While the new Innovative Marine tanks look beautiful, I have to agree. If you really want a tank with a classic sump this won't be the best way to go.

Jay, does it really matter which one you get? In a month you'll just upgrade to a 100g, then a month later, a 200g. Ha ha

That is very true hahaha. I am already thinking about a 200g. Just sent an email to my building's engineer to see if they'll approve it in my apartment.

Alright friends. First of all thank you everyone who's been sharing your opinions, frustration, passion, comments on the Elos, Cad Lights & SCA tanks. Truly appreciate it.

After some serious conversation with the fiance to explain to her why I need another tank, we decided on the Cad Lights Artisan II 70G in exchange if I get her a new pair of Tory Burch. Don't understand why she needs another pair. : \ They're so ####ing ugly.

For me Elos was out of the question with that sort of price point for a 70G. The SCA is definitely a great tank. No doubt about that.

I went with the Cad Lights due to the below factors.

- The measurement on the Cad Lights suits me a little better as compared to the SCA. Its 35.5" width and 18" height gave it a less "Cube-like" aesthetic. I prefer a wider tank for the space I intend it to be. It fits perfectly where I want to set it up.

- The new Artisan sump is bigger (30g) and I like the way it's designed. And the included LED sump 8000K light is pretty sweet.

81ac1a57-e0ee-416e-8dc1-148214a80471_zps

- The maplewood cabinets really steered me towards the Cad Lights. It's made with solid plywood and finished in a heated paint room. And the custom cabinet also comes with two vertical brace support for the front. I've had it with MDF stands/cabinets. I've had an old tank crashed into my cabinet and shatter and flood my old apartment. landlord went berzerk! Can't have that happen to me again No No.

- Cad Lights also assured me they have made major improvements to the plumbing. They have changed to a higher grade grey PVC and increased the drain size to 1.25" for total silent.

- There's a newly designed glass cover that I'm pretty excited about. It's pretty smartly designed. It's a convertible style where you can have it partially covered or fully covered. I need a cover cuz I have a crazy Dart fish. Saved it from the floor twice. Little ####er.

ArtisanIICanopyre_zps055c43da.jpg

So there it is. I've made my decision. Tank arrives Friday. We'll see if everything arrives in one piece. Can't wait to set it up. Will start a build thread and would love you guys to check that out.

And guess what, the fiance just walked by and asked me the most ridiculous thing. She asked "Hey why don't you just go for a bigger tank to fill up that wall in the living room?" That wall is 8ft long! I could have gone for a 200 Gallon! Now I think she wants a pair of Chanel in exchange for that. So I'm not falling for her tricks. I'll be happy with my soon-to-be 70 gallon.

-

Deleted User 4

I hope you have better luck than others

but that tank does look sweet in the pictures

can you share the sca deal you got now?

You going to get a sca tank?

Good luck with their services!!! :)

haha. They've actually been pretty good so far. We'll see. They did say they're starting a technical service department to cater to all customers who need assistance or any service related issues directly. Think it's gonna be official in Sept.

I hope you have better luck than others

but that tank does look sweet in the pictures

can you share the sca deal you got now?

Thanks!

Yeah SCA offered me a complimentary sump light and also free shipping. Let me know if you're interested and I can refer the offer to you.

Deleted User 4

haha. They've actually been pretty good so far. We'll see. They did say they're starting a technical service department to cater to all customers who need assistance or any service related issues directly. Think it's gonna be official in Sept.

I don't know honestly. I've never dealt with them but everyone else who has, says they start showing refusal to help after you purchase the tank, so there should be nothing yet.

Funnily enough, I'm getting a SC Aquariums setup but nothing listed on their site...

please let us know how that goes. After I buy my new place I want to upgrade!

I actually am getting cold feet now, not sure if I want yet another system to maintain, dose, monitor, water change, aquascape, test...

But I did just buy 8 bulb ATI...

But yeah, this is a tank not listed on their site.

Archived