Coral Vue Hydros

Elos System 100 or Cadlights Artisan II 70

Jay Wee

Deleted User 4

I shopped both Cadlights and SCA hard before making my buying decision.

Neither Cadlights or SCA aquariums use real Starphire glass.

Cadlights uses plywood for their stand. SCA uses particle board.

There is an Ebayer who sells the SCA stuff and suspect it's the same guy. Both are named Steve and both are based in Rancho Cucamonga.

Because the Cadlights plumbing is metric, I susoect th at they get the tank bkanks from the same Chinese wholesaler.

If I were you I would get the Elos, and then be satisfied with the decision.

I don't believe sca and cadlights are working together. Sincerely because, I can tell SCA does a much better craftsmanship on the silicone job and tank overall. Stand looks much more sturdy and not cheap like cadlights.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cadlights uses plywood for their stand. SCA uses particle board. As to quality, take a look at the Cad pics of their stands, even their own studio pics the doors dont line up.

There is an Ebayer who sells the SCA stuff and suspect it's the same guy. Both are named Steve and both are based in Rancho Cucamonga.

Because the Cadlights plumbing is metric, I suspect that they get the tank blanks from the same Chinese wholesaler.

I always wonder why they used Boyu brand pumps in their tanks. I dont mind a chinese made product but don't try to sell it to me as American made at a higher price...

edit

I will say as far as glass quality goes it is pretty good. As someone who has never seen any other low iron type glass tank it is far better than a typical AGA.

I don't believe sca and cadlights are working together. Sincerely because, I can tell SCA does a much better craftsmanship on the silicone job and tank overall. Stand looks much more sturdy and not cheap like cadlights.

Steve at SCA emailed me that the stands were MDF particle board.

As soon as any water hits that crap its going to balloon.

Deleted User 4

Steve at SCA emailed me that the stands were MDF particle board. As soon as any water hits that crap its going to balloon.

It's not that serious. Just make sure you wipe off the water right after with a towel, and you're good to go.

I always wonder why they used Boyu brand pumps in their tanks. I dont mind a chinese made product but don't try to sell it to me as American made at a higher price...

Why else would they have been out of stock on the 50s for half of May and all of June taking pre-orders on them.

If they were made in their shop, they could have just made them for their orders.

I dont deny the price is nice for either the SCA or Cad. But in the end you get what you pay for. Changing out a cheap Chinese skimmer(SCA or Bubble Magus) or powerhead (Jebao) is one thing, changing out a cheap Chinese tank is another.

Deleted User 4

Why else would they have been out of stock on the 50s for half of May and all of June taking pre-orders on them. If they were made in their shop, they could have just made them for their orders. I dont deny the price is nice for either the SCA or Cad. But in the end you get what you pay for. Changing out a cheap Chinese skimmer is one thing, changing out a cheap Chinese tank is another.

Can somebody explain to me why SCA's silicone job is more perfectly aligned than Elos tanks and cadlights tanks? Could it really be the same exact guy building the tank? Or someone with more expertise?

It's not that serious. Just make sure you wipe off the water right after with a towel, and you're good to go.
It is serious to me. I dont want $3-4000 worth of corals sitting on a cheap Chinese made $150 screw together flatpack particleboard stand.

Can somebody explain to me why SCA's silicone job is more perfectly aligned than Elos tanks and cadlights tanks? Could it really be the same exact guy building the tank? Or someone with more expertise?
I dont know. I came within one day of buying the Midi. Im satisfied with who im having build my system. Just way too many negatives from both Cad and SCA for me.
Deleted User 4

I have an ikea stand, and water has splashed onto the stand. So far not a single bit of water damage at all.

It is serious to me. I dont want $3-4000 worth of corals sitting on a cheap Chinese made $150 screw together flatpack particleboard stand.

I dont know. I came within one day of buying the Midi. Im satisfied with who im having build my system. Just way too many negatives from both Cad and SCA for me.

Negatives of SCA? Where's the link please? I'd like to see some negative reviews on them. Thank you.

Elos's silicone job isn't perfect though....sadly enough I've seen many defective silicone jobs at the bottom corners of elos tanks. SCA on the other hand, is perfect.

I have an ikea stand, and water has splashed onto the stand. So far not a single bit of water damage at all.

You will, I wont. We're different.

Negatives of SCA? Where's the link please? I'd like to see some negative reviews on them. Thank you.

I emailed Steve at SCA. He uses cheap Chinese fake starfire glass. And MDF particleboard for his stands. His pump and plumbing are trash. I have no reviews, only the emails from the owner. And my opinion of the additional equipment.

Deleted User 4

You will, I wont. We're different.

I emailed Steve at SCA. He uses cheap Chinese fake starfire glass. And MDF particleboard for his stands. His pump and plumbing are trash. I have no reviews, only the emails from the owner.

Yuppp, not a single negative review you can find on SCA. But there's a bunch for elos and cadlights. You need me to provide you some links for proof?

I found ONE for Elos. Too many to count for Cad.

None for SCA.

But like I said I suspect that its made in the same warehouse in China as the Cadlights 50. And I have no idea of the numbers sold.

Deleted User 4

None for SCA.

But like I said I suspect that its made in the same warehouse in China. And I have no idea of the numbers sold.

I dont need to give you anything, you make up your own mind and buy what you buy.

You already admitted to buying Ikea.

Lol. Yes, I did. And I know it's not quality, because I have an ada tank (Far better than elos tank). Elos tanks are a rip off, one because they don't use low-iron glass on all 4 sides. They only use it on the front panel. What is with that?? Only retards with grip of money to spend would buy that. And the silicone job isn't perfect.....you expect it to be perfect for paying $$$$$ on it but no.....

No wonder elos lost its business in the U.S.

I misread the last sentence of your previous post. I read it as "You need to provide me with...."

I apologize for my comment. After rereading your post, I was in error twice; once for misreading and second for what I posted.

Deleted User 4

None for SCA.

But like I said I suspect that its made in the same warehouse in China as the Cadlights 50. And I have no idea of the numbers sold.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14594239&postcount=9

I misread the last sentence of your previous post. I read it as "You need to provide me with...." I apologize for my comment. After rereading your post, I was in error twice; once for misreading and second for what I posted.

Seems like Elos uses particle board for their stand as well as SCA. BOOYAH!!!

Lol. Yes, I did. And I know it's not quality, because I have an ada tank (Far better than elos tank).

I shopped them as well.

Elos tanks are a rip off, one because they don't use low-iron glass on all 4 sides.

They only use it on the front panel. What is with that??

You can order it with more.

Only retards with grip of money to spend would buy that.

Once you add everything up, the price is fair.

And the silicone job isn't perfect.....you expect it to be perfect for paying $$$$$ on it but no.....

Dunno. It better be perfect.

I decided on another vendor mysrlf, who does do perfect silicone work.

No wonder elos lost its business in the U.S.

I bet a few reasons. Anyway ElosUSA, namely a guy named Jesse, was essentially an importer went out of business. Not Elos. He was a dealer. Coralsomething distributes them now.

You can easily buy Elos syatems from Premium Aquatics and Marine Depot if you like.

Cadlights uses plywood for their stand. SCA uses particle board. As to quality, take a look at the Cad pics of their stands, even their own studio pics the doors dont line up.

Because the Cadlights plumbing is metric, I suspect that they get the tank blanks from the same Chinese wholesaler.

SCA markets through retailers in Socal. You will also find craigslist posts as well as ebay listings. That's using marketing to its advantage. I love my tank. I have had cadlights as well but hands down, the SCA is top notch for the money. Cadlights and SCA are two separate companies. I checked that as well. You can even tell by the overflow box and the craftsmanship if you look closely.

Steve at SCA emailed me that the stands were MDF particle board. As soon as any water hits that crap its going to balloon.

not true. i have wasted so much water on my stand. it just runs off to the floor. No ballooning period. One time i accidentally overflowed my skimmer, it was my doing not a flaw, i spilled at least 2 gallons of water in the stand. the water was not absorbed or anything.

Chinese made products aren't bad. Generic products with their own name are ok. trying to get a Name brand item from China is a mistake. The skimmer runs top notch. no problems. Skims great. I don't deny Elos but for the money I wouldn't spend it for that size of a tank. It's not worth it.

Deleted User 4

I shopped them as well.

You can order it with more.

Once you add everything up, the price is fair.

Dunno. It better be perfect.

I decided on another vendor mysrlf, who does do perfect silicone work.

I bet a few reasons

The price would be more fair if they used iron glass on all 4 sides rather than just only the front...

The Craigslist guy is the same SCA guy.

Marquiseo, its just one guy in Ranch Cucamonga.

He will pretend hes a different guy though. I have the emails and ebay emails, same guy.

I bought his SCA 301 skimmer for my grow out tank. But a skimmer is a lot different than a tank.

Deleted User 4

He will pretend hes a different guy though. I have the emails and ebay emails, same guy.

I bought his SCA 301 skimmer for my grow out tank. But a skimmer is a lot different than a tank.

Soo turns out elos uses particle board as their stand materials.... the only difference between sca and elos stands is the lamination part.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14594239&postcount=9

Italian Marine grade MDF is different than Chinese flatpack MDF.

We are both arguing about products that neither of us have.

No, the guy on craigslist is the guy form cleardiamondaquariums, a separate retailer for SCA. Call the cleardiamondaquarium number and you will get the same guy from craigslist. then call the SCA number and you will see. SCA originally only sold their tanks through retailers but in the recent years they started selling directly to the public but still remain to sell through retailers. I spoke to the clear diamond guy as well.

I also had another question. I see you have a 65 Gallon system on your site. A buddy of mine informed me that you have it on CA Craigslist for 799.99. Is that the current price and what would be the price to ship to Jackson, MS 39157? I am currently deciding which between you guys and some of your competitors for a new tank. Thanks for replying to my first email.

On May 21, 2013, at 9:53 AM, "ClearDiamondAquariums" <info@cleardiamondaquariums.com> wrote:

Hello Marquiise,

Thank you for your interest in our aquarium. We do currently have this setup in stock. It appears you are in Mississippi
according to the 601area code. The shipping time is typically one week from the time order is placed.

I apologize for the trouble with Google
Wallet,
we are currently making some changes to our website as well as our ordering process so if you would like to place an order please give us a call.

Best regards,

Brian Willison

Clear Diamond Aquariums

<image001.gif>Office: 909.521.8265

<image002.gif>Fax: 909.543.4356

<image003.gif>Email:

Mail: CDAquariums

10808 Foothill Blvd ste. 160-365

Rancho Cucamonga
CA

<image004.jpg>

-----Original Message-----

[
]

Sent:
Monday, May 20, 2013 11:24 PM

To:

Subject:
New Form Entry: Contact Form

You've just received a new submission to your

Submitted Information:

Name

Phone Number

Email

Comment

Hello,

I am interested in the 50 gallon rimless starphire cube package with free shipping. Are there currently tanks available? Also, if I were to order today, how long will it take to ship out?

P.S. you can't place orders online due a google wallet page error appearing.

My first inquire on here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/327257-clear-diamond-aquarium/

I don't deny Elos but for the money I wouldn't spend it for that size of a tank. It's not worth it.[/Quote]

Glass sump. Sicce return pump. Plumbing. Skimmer. Stand. Clean wierless Return. Rimless tank.

You add it all up, and it starts to make sense buying the Elos. That's all im saying.

I'm building a sump for my growout tank. $30 for the tank. $100 for the baffles. $260 for the plumbing, overflow, and return. $100 for the SCA skimmer(the Elos is at least a $200 skimmer). $75 for the pump(the Sicce is $110) $15 for the black back paint. And thats going the cheap way.

When you try to find a stand that fits a cube style rimless, you dont have very many options. Other that DIY or custom, and cystom will cost you a grand or more to build an Elos style stand.

Archived