Coral Vue Hydros

CadLights 47G Starfire

Ebn

Another month goes by. Updated shots of some of the corals. Top left is the red blasto that picked up awhile back. It's turned out quite nicely over time. The mother polyp (2" when inflated) is the center one surrounded by the daughters. Next to that is the Vivid confetti and then another wild CRC frag.

Also built some ramps around the frag plugs on both montis so that they can start growing down onto the larger 3.5" disc.

[IMG]

• Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to RAP this past weekend and finally met @metrokat in person, who also introduced me to @Felicia and @gena. It feels great to be able to put a face to an name and the conversations, while brief, was awesome.

Ended up picking up more sticks this time around and I only went down there for two pieces. Ended up driving back north with a chunk missing from my wallet. The drive was long and I didn't get back until 11:45ish. Finally dipped all of them and placed them into the tank at work ~12:15ish and made it back home at 1. The 9 A.M. meeting at work this morning was rough since I wanted to check out the corals instead. :blush:

The sps are all on the sand bed currently and will stay there for at least a week before I plant them down. Here's the list of what was picked up:

RR Orange Machine

RR Orange Passion

RR Wolverine

RR Firecracker

Miguel's Mango Passion (yes, that OG Miguel)

Gonzo's Poison Envy

RR Inner Core

MattV Rainbow Envy

...one unnamed RR yellow sps

Also wanted one single huge polyp of a blasto that I've never seen before. It was there on the first day and I was hoping to pick it up on the second, but it was gone by the time that I got back to the booth. 

• Like 4
Christopher Marks

Wow nice haul! Your SPS collection was already impressive before the new frags! Looking forward to seeing them all once you get them settled in. How about a FTS once you do? ;) 

I wish I could have made it to RAP this year but I just couldn't get away :( Hopefully next year!

Hey there!  It was great meeting you!!!!  I hear you about the chunk of change missing :lol: .

Sounds like a long day yesterday.  Glad you made it back safely.  I texted Felicia around 10pm to make sure she made it back safely too.  It's a lot of work getting all the new stuff dipped and placed in the tank.  The selection of corals there was outstanding and so hard to resist.  Plus with the buy 3 get one free, well....I came home with more than I planned on :D .

What color was the blasto frag?

• Like 3

Yeah, I'll see about a FTS once I get things situated. Out of space in this tank so I'm about to remove some of the pieces on the rockwork which hasn't colored up or are wild. Most of those pieces are unknown and while they do well, I just won't have space for them. The upgrade will help, but that'll be a few months from now and I rather remove those pieces before they encrust any further onto the Tonga. I'll be liquidating them through the local club and then epoxying over any leftover tissue.

@gena The blasto was a purple center with green outer rim on the tentacles in white light. It reminds me of a giant PPE paly on steroids. When it was sold to another vendor, which ran blue lights, the colors were different. It was a reddish center with yellow outers. I've never seen one in that color combo before especially at its size (2" around single polyp). I should have snatched it up when I first asked about it. It was originally $200, but then was dropped down to $150. I sat on that price overnight and then went to the booth in the morning, when I heard that it was sold twice. The second vendor picked it up and resold it for $350. I hope that the 3rd vendor farms it and makes it available.

It would have made such a nice contrast next to my current red with purple streaks blasto. The central mother polyp is massive at ~2" when she's happy. This one was also purchased as a single polyp and blossomed into the colony that you see below. I can't even imagine what the other one would inflate to.

red_blastos_100917.jpg

From the side, it's just a red puff of inflatables. 

red_blastos_side_100917.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, it started picking up the bubbles on it a couple of months ago. It also has funky orange on it, which is easier to see on it when it's more deflated as in this pic. You can still make out the bubbles in the pic somewhat. 

red_blastos_091617.jpg

It originally was purchased as a single polyp about a year ago. It's the one on the right. The left one was purchased at the same time and glued to the same rock. That one was already receding at the time and eventually didn't make it. 

blastos_071616.jpg

• Like 1

That's quite the list of sticks you picked up!  Nice selections!  Yeah the drive was long but worth it.  I got back around 9 pm Sunday (I left Anaheim at about 2 pm) and then had to get all the frags dipped and into the tank.  Its a lot of work to do that late when you have a ton of frags.  Luckily I got back at a decent hour, but I was still tired yesterday.

That red blasto you have is gorgeous!

27 minutes ago, Ebn said:

Yes, it started picking up the bubbles on it a couple of months ago. It also has funky orange on it, which is easier to see on it when it's more deflated as in this pic. You can still make out the bubbles in the pic somewhat. 

red_blastos_091617.jpg

It originally was purchased as a single polyp about a year ago. It's the one on the right. The left one was purchased at the same time and glued to the same rock. That one was already receding at the time and eventually didn't make it. 

blastos_071616.jpg

Nice!  I got mine from @Zia when he shut down his tank a few years ago.  It's one of my favorites!

• Like 1

New comp for this month.

composition_101717.jpg

Some of the wild mari pieces were removed and sold off recently to make room for some others in the tank. New to this comp, but not new to me are the WT fireball, tierra del fuego, pink lemonade, and the BC aquatic-man tabler. The stuff on the bottom is mostly where some of the new stuff is at, from left to right: RR orange machine, MattV rainbow envy, Gonzo's weirdo tenuis, and the RR orange passion (the RRC OP is right above it for comparison). 

• Like 1