Pod Your Reef

The Tweaker

pgrVII

Haha

What's good in here tonight? Tank looking awesome as usual?

Yea it's good tonight,damn turbo snail knocked my acans over but they're good wedged them in a low rock in the tank.

Has a few new heads on it,they were probably there when I bought it and didn't notice but counted 3 tiny ones

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I brought the bunch of rock I had drying at my buddies house alot appears to be nice Fiji rock :) have it in a 60 gallon saltwater mixing container in my garage. There's some pieces with junk on it so im gonna scrub it and soak it in bleach for a bit then let it dry another week. Then add saltwater and a power head to establish it with a piece of small rock from my tank. Then change out my current rock ... Whew hahaha. I'll try to get pics up today.

Ok so I brought the bunch of rock I had drying at my buddies house alot appears to be nice Fiji rock :) have it in a 60 gallon saltwater mixing container in my garage. There's some pieces with junk on it so im gonna scrub it and soak it in bleach for a bit then let it dry another week. Then add saltwater and a power head to establish it with a piece of small rock from my tank. Then change out my current rock ... Whew hahaha. I'll try to get pics up today.
Looking forward to this!

Ok guys so another link pic (ill get to fixing it...someday lol) but! I have started the curing process of the rock

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b43312c1a3d83e8e&id=B43312C1A3D83E8E!189&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg&authkey=!AMKcDvwsFuVSCXk

Added some bactiv8 npx I had laying around to help it along, it's in a 60 gallon salt mixing container even has cut outs for cords etc and a nozzle on the bottom to easy drain it. Also put in a large powerhead I got from a tank break down. All the mentioned above might I add was free,so that's awesome.

Also,we tore my buddies tank down to start up a little bit bigger one in a few months...so the wrasse I gave him is back home in my tank lol. So far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok all so been a while so here's what's going on.

Noticed my cube leaking slow at the rim in two spots,nothing dreadful,but leaking none the less. So I will reseal it tomorrow after work. However I have been toying with starting a new tank as my cube was a pain to aquascape, and generally dont care for its footprint. So considering downsizing to the new nuvo 20. Thinking I may see if I can fit my return pumps into it to boost the flow through it a good bit. Also maybe modding the back baffles to fit my tunze 9001 if it won't fit as im probably only gonna run stuff in 1 media basket. Also my rock is about ready to go gonna change some water out tomorrow when I change the tanks water. New tank should be fun :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. So I started the 40 breeder today. Got the wall cut and siliconed in as well as the baffle. Just used some extra plexiglass laying around. The first chamber will fit my nano cube 28 basket from in Tank. Then the baffle is cut 2'' off the bottom for the two accella pumps(may upgrade later) to pull water through. The wall will also hold my skimmer. Need to buy another razor nano to pair with.my current one should be enough for the display area. Anyway. Should be getting it wet tues or Wed. Have a bunch of live rock curing for a few.

NorthGaHillbilly

Awesome man, really digging the AIO setup. If you ever wanted to black out the AIO baffel amazon has 2'x2' sheets of acrylic for pretty chrap

So what's the scape plan? Alot of cool things to be done with the pensula style

Excellent I was wondering about that stuff to wrap the aio section. Thanks man!

Not sure about the scape. I have lots of fresh cured rock to choose plus my tank has a bunch in it.

Probably not gonna add anymore fish current stock seems would be the limit

Sounds like a great plan, that acrylic was 30 shipped I think, they might have 1/8 inch too

Right on sir. Should be all transferred and done by Wed I believe.

NorthGaHillbilly

Right on sir. Should be all transferred and done by Wed I believe.

hit up markalot, I think he just switched form those space ship lookin LEDs and might have one hes looking to offload

hit up markalot, I think he just switched form those space ship lookin LEDs and might have one hes looking to offload

Oh that is a good idea thanks man. I'm really excited about this new build. More room for livestock and in case I wanna upgrade to reactors etc.

Ok,so I think this is what I'm planning to do.

Add another 60 w nano light,maybe put a filter sock in overflow if my reuse of my inTank basket doesn't work.

Add a jebao rw8 along with my jebao wp10.

Definitely making a top out of light diffuser,I have some and it perfectly fits the lip of the rim,completely flush.

Skimmer will be the same a while as I just bought it a bit ago it's rated for a 37g and I figure my tank will hold around 35 give or take after equipment and live rock so it'll.be ok till I can afford a bigger one unless someone wants to trade.

NorthGaHillbilly
Ok,so I think this is what I'm planning to do.

Add another 60 w nano light,maybe put a filter sock in overflow if my reuse of my inTank basket doesn't work.

Add a jebao rw8 along with my jebao wp10.

Definitely making a top out of light diffuser,I have some and it perfectly fits the lip of the rim,completely flush.

Skimmer will be the same a while as I just bought it a bit ago it's rated for a 37g and I figure my tank will hold around 35 give or take after equipment and live rock so it'll.be ok till I can afford a bigger one unless someone wants to trade.

what return pump are you going to be using?

So the tanks filled and everyone seems a little shocked at the extra space lol. So far so good. Probably going to make a media rack out of light diffuser tonight when im home. And arrange the rocks how I want

NorthGaHillbilly

New pics tonight. Gotta figure out what kinda of wrap they use on the nano cubes to hide the back filter compartment so I can wrap mine.

I'd look for some sort of black vynal, ask Jstn, he's the guru on adhesives and the like

Archived