ReefCleaners.org

The Tweaker

pgrVII

So my skimmer is broke(the airline elbow snapped off during maintenance) and im thinking I may buy another reef octopus ns80as I really liked that one. However I was thinking about removing my media basket to bit a bigger skimmer in the mid nano cube chamber and just running a bag of chemi pure elite in the skimmer chamber too. Any thoughts?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've decided to reuse my ns80,forgot how much I love this thing. Started skimming like a beast right away :) I originally cut the skimmer baffle in the tank down low enough so the pump rests on top so it just snugged right in. The body of the skimmer and pump are banged up so I will prob get a new one soon but still works pretty good despite all that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a nano cube 28 basket from in Tank with 3 jars of chemi pure blue and free filter floss woot! Thanks Stevie T!

In tank media basket comes today,3 days earl mind you,and will be running chemi pure blue in it. Also got a pygmy cherub angel sat.had to take my wrasse to my buddies aquarium as there was immediate issues. Had to remove 80%of my rock work to catch him. :( blah. Wasn't gonna do another fish but fiance really wanted it,so I obliged. Cool little fish,hasn't bothered any corals,yet,but they seem to be pretty good about leaving em alone out of the small angels. I've been offering algae sheets daily to help detur this. Will try to post pics later.

Really nice tank. Great job so far. Does the Reef Octopus NS80 hold up well to that size tank? I was thinking of getting one for my 20L.

Thanks!Yea I only have about 24 gallons of water in after equipment and rock. Im looking to upgrade it soon if I can,just want something different to play with mostly, can't beat the skimmer though for $40. If you get one I put a bit of round filter foam around the exit pipe to cut down on micro bubbles.

Just paged through the thread- great looking BTA! I'm a sucker for green. & George is darling. Sad to hear about the scooter though :-( How big are your clowns? That was a bit extreme of her...

My females about 3" my male 2". It isn't to extreme for her really she's done shrimp that were close to the size of the dragonet,I think it got zapped by the bta cause it would lay to close sometimes and they just finished the job.

And thank you its getting there always a work in progress. :P

I ordered the tunze 9001 from inTank. Can't wait for it to get here. Woohoo! Been running skimmerless for a week or 2. Don't like it lol. Also gave my sixline wrasse to a buddy cause it was harassing our new cherub pygmy angel. The angel is really nice. Also added an inTank media basket and chemical pure blue and it's really really awesome. Get one.

NorthGaHillbilly

My imagination isn't too good man, get some pictures goin!!! :P

I'd like to see the angel, my lady loves "round" fish, so that might be a good option for us

I'll try buddy I've been having trouble uploading pics for some reason.

How's the married life?

My imagination isn't too good man, get some pictures goin!!! :P I'd like to see the angel, my lady loves "round" fish, so that might be a good option for us

NorthGaHillbilly

I'll try buddy I've been having trouble uploading pics for some reason.

How's the married life?

Bein married feels about like life did before, being together for 6 years and shackin up for 3 will do that tho :lol: Rememberin to put on my wedding ring is a pain tho, I take it off depending on what Im doing at work.

Im diggin the angel, Ill have to show B, shell dig it. Has it gotten nippy with the goney at all?

Nah she's not nippy least not yet I put a sheet of algae in the tank every other day or so so that's supposed to cut down on her doing that,cherubs are less likely to nip corals then the other pygmy angels,supposedly.

No we tore a ladies 140 gallon down for her and it was pretty much the only coral that was alive other than some leathers.

That bubble coral looks good. Who gave it to you a buddy?

Bein married feels about like life did before, being together for 6 years and shackin up for 3 will do that tho :lol: Rememberin to put on my wedding ring is a pain tho, I take it off depending on what Im doing at work.

Im diggin the angel, Ill have to show B, shell dig it. Has it gotten nippy with the goney at all?

I got mine to agree to me not wearing a ring,hate jewelry and stuff on my hands and wrists.

I got mine to agree to me not wearing a ring,hate jewelry and stuff on my hands and wrists.
I have a really nice wedding ring I only wear on special occasions. I don't wear one everyday either.

I'll be on it buddy,think it may be put directly in my tanks front part so it'll kinda be an eyesore but clean water is always the key,it'll give the chance to use the surface skimmer.

Looking forward to your review on the Tunze tomorrow.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b43312c1a3d83e8e&id=B43312C1A3D83E8E!177&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg&authkey=!ALsTY32ww-pwboM

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b43312c1a3d83e8e&id=B43312C1A3D83E8E!178&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg&authkey=!AKGxncpibYDijXo

Impressed so far with the tunze 9001 I got from the good folk at inTank. Very quiet and the micro bubbles are simmered down after running a bit. Also did I.mention quiet :) ?

Very happy so far. I'll update as it goes.

Archived